Manchester City

mrbojangles

Just now, BangrakBob said:

Yeah, I thought it was precautionary, that's not good if it's worse.

Wonder what team will play on Wednesday, bit of a dilemma for Klopp. Play a strong side, keep momentum, make a point to beat them, Does that give us an advantage on the weekend?

Time to unleash fabinho. I'd prefer we just cut loose of this cup now but we are at home and it could give them a bit of confidence with the league game at their ground. That guy must be absolutely chomping at the bit to get on. Surely he's in on this one. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Time to unleash fabinho. I'd prefer we just cut loose of this cup now but we are at home and it could give them a bit of confidence with the league game at their ground. That guy must be absolutely chomping at the bit to get on. Surely he's in on this one. 

I’m surprised he didn’t come on Saturday once 3 up 

• Like 1

Barcelona 2 vs 2 Spanish Man City

Good result by our boys. Alex Garcia in his 2nd spell seems to be doing ok, Douglas Luis so so and Patrick Roberts seems to be a benchwarmer.

Noticed we have Seydou Doumbia playing this season; very decent little ivorian who gave us problems when at cska moscow.

Watched episode 7 last night. Lots of cry-arsing and blaming referees, linesman for CL exit and the United loss at the Etihad and Pep says "guys, listen guys" a lot "guys you know what to do" "guys, you need to be intense" "you score goals guys" "you are the best guys" while doing mad moves on a magnet board like he's smoked a teeenth of meth. 

I'm not sure if this documentary was a good idea. last night exposed a bunch of lads that sound like they can be got at with a bit of argy bargy and can make excuses for losing. 

Just now, BangrakBob said:

Watched episode 7 last night. Lots of cry-arsing and blaming referees, linesman for CL exit and the United loss at the Etihad and Pep says "guys, listen guys" a lot "guys you know what to do" "guys, you need to be intense" "you score goals guys" "you are the best guys" while doing mad moves on a magnet board like he's smoked a teeenth of meth. 

I'm not sure if this documentary was a good idea. last night exposed a bunch of lads that sound like they can be got at with a bit of argy bargy and can make excuses for losing. 

Interesting comment Bob.anyone else seen this episode?

24 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Watched episode 7 last night. Lots of cry-arsing and blaming referees, linesman for CL exit 

Are you bringing that up again ?  Sounds like you’re trying to convince yourself that all your goals where correct and ours ruled out where also correct. Jeez what’s he supposed to do when the officials get key decisions wrong? I’d love to be a fly in Klopps dressing room when a decision goes against him. I imagine Klopp would be even more animated

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Are you bringing that up again ?  Sounds like you’re trying to convince yourself that all your goals where correct and ours ruled out where also correct. Jeez what’s he supposed to do when the officials get key decisions wrong? I’d love to be a fly in Klopps dressing room when a decision goes against him. I imagine Klopp would be even more animated

I’m not brininging it up again, I’m just commenting on what I saw. I did say I enjoyed other episodes.

I just don’t think it was a good idea to show the team in that light. It wasn’t just Pep it was players also. Someone made s decision to edit that in, reckon it was Arab influenced. 

Thats part of the point, you won’t ever be a fly in a Klopp dressing room.

And it wasn’t in the dressing room it was upon reflection well after both matches 

Edited by BangrakBob

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I’m not brininging it up again, I’m just commenting on what I saw. I did say I enjoyed other episodes.

I just don’t think it was a good idea to show the team in that light. It wasn’t just Pep it was players also. Someone made s decision to edit that in, reckon it was Arab influenced. 

I finished the series off last week and whilst it was a bit too much warts an all I enjoyed it. TBH I think most changing rooms would be the same if not worse if they allowed cameras in

• Like 1

"Watched episode 7 last night. Lots of cry-arsing and blaming referees, linesman for CL exit and the United loss at the Etihad" - isn't that what you would expect from our players and management considering we feel robbed of 2v0 just before HT (which could have been a tie changer) vs liverpool , and against ManU we should have killed it by HT but we screwed up.

Hope i don't spoil episode 8 for you but City won the Premier (and Carabao Cup) breaking multiple records, finishing a record 19 points ahead of 2nd and TWENTY-FIVE points ahead of LIVERPOOL who finished only in FOURTH!

I think all fans can agree that a behind the scenes documentary is not ideal for the club portrayed. 

The idea of doing a similar documentary this season or next on liverpool was a bad idea - far too soon. It's  a novelty to see one football club in a documentary  but to do it again now, nah.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

"Watched episode 7 last night. Lots of cry-arsing and blaming referees, linesman for CL exit and the United loss at the Etihad" - isn't that what you would expect from our players and management considering we feel robbed of 2v0 just before HT (which could have been a tie changer) vs liverpool , and against ManU we should have killed it by HT but we screwed up.

Hope i don't spoil episode 8 for you but City won the Premier (and Carabao Cup) breaking multiple records, finishing a record 19 points ahead of 2nd and TWENTY-FIVE points ahead of LIVERPOOL who finished only in FOURTH!

I think all fans can agree that a behind the scenes documentary is not ideal for the club portrayed. 

The idea of doing a similar documentary this season or next on liverpool was a bad idea - far too soon. It's  a novelty to see one football club in a documentary  but to do it again now, nah.

I recall a documentary or maybe it was a film during Rodgers reign so it was hardly a novelty. 

Liverpool deserves documentaries though simply because we provide some of the best content for neutrals and fans. Over the years we have produced some great matches with unexpected results and thoroughly nail biting stuff. The road to Kiev was a nail biter apart from when we demolished a team home and away in the quarters. But it's OK they prefer to win just the PL anyway.

33 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I recall a documentary or maybe it was a film during Rodgers reign so it was hardly a novelty. 

Liverpool deserves documentaries though simply because we provide some of the best content for neutrals and fans. Over the years we have produced some great matches with unexpected results and thoroughly nail biting stuff. The road to Kiev was a nail biter apart from when we demolished a team home and away in the quarters. But it's OK they prefer to win just the PL anyway.

There was a City documentary done during Malcolm Allison's ("who" you say) and John Bond's ("who" you say) days at City so yes football documentaries aren't new. By novelty though  i meant do one this year it's a novelty, do another one next year it's pastiche.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

There was a City documentary done during Malcolm Allison's ("who" you say) and John Bond's ("who" you say) days at City so yes football documentaries aren't new. By novelty though  i meant do one this year it's a novelty, do another one next year it's pastiche.

There's been loads. I like the clough one. Not Nigel.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Churlish...

For the record, Liverpool were asked by Amazon to do something similar this season, Klopp told them to fuc-k off.

A luxury probably not afforded to your manager, right up Abu Dhabi's street. Khaldoon and Mansour will likely feature more in the next one, how many matches has Mansour been to?

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

how many matches has Mansour been to?

Probably as many as you've been to over recent years ???? However, in one of the episodes Khaldoon said he was embarrassed by Mansour one day as Khaldoon was flying on business when City were playing and when he landed Mansour called him and spoke about the match. To which Khaldoon hadn't a clue. Apparently Mansour very rarely misses a game and is very knowledgeable about the game

• Haha 1

It's actually a clever marketing move to do the doc, but I wonder if it would have been released if they hadn't of won the title.

United did a couple of similar things in the early 90s when we were building the profile of the club. Now we don't need the exposure and although it'd be interesting to watch I hope we don't go shoving cameras in the players faces.

Im on about ep 5 and although some of it is hard to watch as a United fan it is truly fascinating to see the way Guardiola communicates with the players. There are also some things I'd be concerned about if I was a City fan and I'll post about them once I've watched the whole thing. 

Just now, mrbojangles said:

TBH yeah. I really enjoyed it but I thought they didn't need to show as much as they did, especially the game plan, tactic's, Pep talks stuff etc

The way bob makes it sound pep sounds like a bit of hairdresser on crack with the compliments. I might watch this episode 7. Such a waste of my time though.

• Haha 1

"I love you guys" "you know guys, let me tell you, you are best in the world, guys" "now you chase this guy here, and this will open this hole here and you score goals" "you guy, you are bestest goal scorer ever"

"play hard guys" "you know how to do the rest guys". ????????????

The tactical stuff at half time looked very odd, he just looked like the World's best blagger. Seriously, look at the white board with magnets, how the <deleted> anyone understood any of that is beyond me.

He actually could be the world best blagger, it would seem his staff lay it out and he presents to the team and the team believe. Fair play, the best managers in any job delegate well.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I get it that you may not like him mate but your starting to sound a bit bitter now.

This bitter remark is getting old BJ.

No one's bitter. If anyone is bitter it is fans who talk of disallowed goals changing the course of games etc. That is bitter.

Your man apparently sounds a bit Wendy when he's animated that is all.  

Your the best guys your the bessssst.

• Haha 1