Manchester City

mrbojangles

To say I am well chuffed would be the understatement of the century! 30 years ago I sat in my grot in HK having wished for Tommy Hutchinson to score I can finally forget that ...it cost me a crate of Tiger too ;) Blue Moon rising :)

Well done City!

It was a poor final though. Possibly the worst I've seen.

A reality check for City fans is needed here.

For me they have to stick with this team who are just starting to gel. Just throwing money around doesn't make a good team. Consistency does.Look at your more successful neighbors and learn. Don't do a Chelsea.

I do now know who ate all the pies at the COMS. It wasn't my mate Ant but Carlos Tevez...

Congrats to City. Hope you are too tired and emotional for the next 7 days to nick 3rd place from us :rolleyes:.

The spirit in our camp seems so f_kd up now that I would not be surprised if that happened. Then we lose a few key players like Nasri, then we get knocked out by Bayern in the qualifiers then the regrets and recrims start about giving Wenger that one last chance. Someone give me a good slapping to get me out of this late season torpor :angry:.

Today would be a good day to write anything - Mr B.J. is not going to be in any fit state to moderate the over 80's tiddy-wink championship, let alone this forum.

But I will remember what my old (City supporting) grandad said, be a good sport and give credit where it's due.

Congratulations,

Today would be a good day to write anything - Mr B.J. is not going to be in any fit state to moderate the over 80's tiddy-wink championship, let alone this forum.

But I will remember what my old (City supporting) grandad said, be a good sport and give credit where it's due.

Congratulations,

:jap: Agreed on that Ken - I'm sure that MRBJ, jackandanny and humblemike are recovering from the celebrations. Congrats to City, it;s been a long wait

Well done City!

It was a poor final though. Possibly the worst I've seen.

A reality check for City fans is needed here.

For me they have to stick with this team who are just starting to gel. Just throwing money around doesn't make a good team. Consistency does.Look at your more successful neighbors and learn. Don't do a Chelsea.

I do now know who ate all the pies at the COMS. It wasn't my mate Ant but Carlos Tevez...

Yes the team needs time to gel and will do eventually... congrats to all the bluenose's nice to see you lift a trophy for once,well done! :D

Thanks to all for the well wishes. I must admit to be being a bit shell shocked after the game. I can't believe that we have actually done it. It really has been too long.

To those with the negative comments. Up yours. There ain't no way your'e gonna put me in a bad mood today. :D

Well done City. Deserved that. Now the monkeys off the back i'm expecting big things next season and i'll think some big signings from you.

You did'nt even need a joke penalty decision like your neighbours. :lol: That;ll get a bite...;)

Well done City. Deserved that. Now the monkeys off the back i'm expecting big things next season and i'll think some big signings from you.

You did'nt even need a joke penalty decision like your neighbours. :lol: That;ll get a bite...;)

:D

Was in Crossbar earlier this evening with my cousin who is a Rochdale fan (and knows Mr Bojangles apparently) and some of his mates all of who were City fans and all they could do was moan about how United have stolen the headlines....?????

I think I know who you mean ;)

As for the bit in Red. I'm pretty sure that is not all they were saying. I'd put money on it that they were talking a lot and pretty chuffed about us winning the FA Cup.

Congratulations,

:jap: Agreed on that Ken - I'm sure that MRBJ, jackandanny and humblemike are recovering from the celebrations. Congrats to City, it;s been a long wait

Back in Thailand now. Well worth the 2 day trip!! ( Thanks again BJ for the tickets)Did so much drinking and singing I have lost my voice!!!

Best new song... " Who put the ball in Delilahs net?...... Yaya, Yaya. Who put the ball in Delilahs net?.. Yaya Yaya Toure!!!

Chuffed to bits!! Now for 3rd place!!

Congratulations,

Back in Thailand now. Well worth the 2 day trip!! ( Thanks again BJ for the tickets)Did so much drinking and singing I have lost my voice!!!

Best new song... " Who put the ball in Delilahs net?...... Yaya, Yaya. Who put the ball in Delilahs net?.. Yaya Yaya Toure!!!

Chuffed to bits!! Now for 3rd place!!

At last...was beginning to think you'd got yerself arrested! :lol:

Congrats JnD.

Totally happy with this season. FA Cup, automatic Champions League and finishing joint second :D

Blue moon rising

Which, despite certain members derisory remarks, is pretty much what I predicted early in the year :D

Be interesting to see who we buy in the summer?

Hmm what to do over the next couple of months? :lol:

Totally happy with this season. FA Cup, automatic Champions League and finishing joint second :D

Blue moon rising

Which, despite certain members derisory remarks, is pretty much what I predicted early in the year :D

Be interesting to see who we buy in the summer?

Hmm what to do over the next couple of months? :lol:

Laugh at Chelski.....or at Lpool's lack of funding.....or at old 'arry going down......my favourite will be the wet spam fire sale though I must admit.

If Man City could get Ronaldo even for 200m, they should do it, not even Manutd can stop City with Ronaldo in the team. I think that 200m spent on multiple 30m players still would not be worth spending it all on Ronaldo (or Messi for that matter). These two will make their teams a much stronger team.

If Man City could get Ronaldo even for 200m, they should do it, not even Manutd can stop City with Ronaldo in the team. I think that 200m spent on multiple 30m players still would not be worth spending it all on Ronaldo (or Messi for that matter). These two will make their teams a much stronger team.

Are you having his children?

Seriously though he knows already what the weather's like.

Blue moon rising

3rd is not joint 2nd BJ ;):D some people are never happy are they :o

It was tongue in cheek Alfie, hence the smiley at the end. I know we came third on goal difference but on points alone, we are joint second.

Blue moon rising

Those non believers eh. Well now they will sit up and listen :D

Blue moon rising

Those non believers eh. Well now they will sit up and listen :D

Well I certainly dont begrudge City fans some success after all these years. Above all else they have shown both patience and a sense of humor.

If you can get your way past the FFP rules and build on your success only time will tell.

I will genuinely be impressed if your Sheik starts using his money more productively. Like expanding your stadium and offering match day tickets for 15 quid a go. That will certainly wipe the smirk off United's face. And would be great for the game.

Toure learns return date

Defender banned for six months but able to return in September

Manchester City defender Kolo Toure will be able to play again in early September following a Football Association hearing into his failed drugs test.

Manchester City confirmed on 3rd March that Toure had tested positive for a banned substance and immediately suspended him from duty.

The Ivory Coast international subsequently sat out the final two months of the season after his case became the subject of a legal process.

He was strongly defended by a number of team-mates and former colleagues, while Arsene Wenger, who managed Toure at Arsenal, claimed the failed test was due to mistakenly taking a diet pill belonging to the player's wife.

Full story http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6953820,00.html