Manchester City

mrbojangles

Manchester City chief executive wants five trophies in five years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22650856

MANCHESTER CITY are in a straight scrap with Real Madrid for the signature of £60million striker Edinson Cavani.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4941442/Manchester-City-to-fight-Real-Madrid-for-Edinson-Cavani.html

Edited by uptheos

City fans out in town today wearing the new kit with number 5 on the back-my neighbours dog is decked out with one also-got to love their optimism European Cup? what a larf cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

City fans out in town today wearing the new kit with number 5 on the back-my neighbours dog is decked out with one also-got to love their optimism European Cup? what a larf cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yeh Utdmanaged to poach moyes before they got a chance!

Right coup that wascoffee1.gif

Thought not thumbsup.gif

Will this do for you!! biggrin.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/76968-manchester-city/page-283#entry5723627

Read JACKS REPLY laugh.png

A few little gems in this one.... start at 6959 Jacks post cheesy.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/76968-manchester-city/page-279

Will this do you from 3 years ago!!!.....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/76968-manchester-city/?p=3721305

Edited by MrRed

And this is the winner

"I guarantee Mancini will not be sacked if we don't win Champions League. Our owners are smart guys. This was always going to be a long term project. Progress is being made every year. Priority this year is to defend the title, which I think we will do".

Are you guys bored?

To be honest there is much more entertaining reading in this thread going way back to the beginning especially as the season is over,and everyone is only waiting to find out who United are going to sign smile.png

Yep this could be your year.......seriously! biggrin.gif especially after another couple of signings,just a shame really that you have not got the coach/manager to mobilise the troops!

How long do you give Mancini?

I should think, if things don't look to be on track by christmas. Then it's curtains for Mancini but I'm feeling optimistic.............................again !! biggrin.gif

Is that it Red? You were just spouting off about sacking him, as per normal.

In my posts since we got him, I have consistently spoke about his lack of "man management" skills and that was the main reason for my being not too happy with him. I have then referred to the article above were City mention that one of the reasons he was sacked was because he lacked "man management".

You have then said that is what you have all been saying for years but where in any of your posts have you ever stated about his lack of "man management" skills? Because those links don't mention that. I could start saying now that you will sack Moyes and it will ultimately come true, mayeb this year, the next or the next after that. However long it takes, it will come true but I am being more specific here and actually naming one of the reasons that Mancini did get the boot not just a blanket "he'll get the sack" statement.

• Like 1

Well i would of thought that my slating of him which i referred you back to,is pretty obvious that his managerial skills are lacking and to be honest as a manager in any field that is your number one priority to do well in that field isn't it....."man-manager"......after all the position is called Manager and if you are a manager of a group of players in the premier league then it is plainly obvious.

Look back earlier mate there is more smile.png

Well i would of thought that my slating of him which i referred you back to,is pretty obvious that his managerial skills are lacking and to be honest as a manager in any field that is your number one priority to do well in that field isn't it....."man-manager"......after all the position is called Manager and if you are a manager of a group of players in the premier league then it is plainly obvious.

You were going on about performance related issues. I.E. if we don't qualify for this or that, he'll be sacked. What I was specifically pointing out was the area of Man Management, which is the softer/people issue side of management. Not many mangers get sacked for this, particularly if they are delivering on performance targets. Can you name any of the plethora of sacked managers this year alone, where the club has identified a lack of man management skills being a major reason for them sacking a manager?

You were going on about performance related issues. I.E. if we don't qualify for this or that, he'll be sacked. What I was specifically pointing out was the area of Man Management, which is the softer/people issue side of management. Not many mangers get sacked for this, particularly if they are delivering on performance targets. Can you name any of the plethora of sacked managers this year alone, where the club has identified a lack of man management skills being a major reason for them sacking a manager?

Stoke. (Or rather, Pulis).

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog

Stoke. (Or rather, Pulis).

biggrin.png

Footballing reasons as far as I know and nothing to do with his man management of the players.

Aguero in the fold until 2017, and Kompany claims he's staying. Good news all !clap2.gif

Yep. Good news that jelly.

On another note. We beat Chelsea again yesterday at the Yankee Stadium, 5-3 this time. Apparently, over the two games there were more than 85,000 spectators which ain't bad for friendlies.

BLU8bN6CIAAC89O.jpg

MAN LOVE

Well in spite of his obvious faults, I will always appreciate the success he brought us.

As you know I was a big fan of his, but I am a realist. Time moves on and I am excited about what the future brings.

I would be ecstatic if you Spurs can improve your squad a little bit and pip United for the 4th place next seasonthumbsup.gif

BLU8bN6CIAAC89O.jpg

MAN LOVE

Well in spite of his obvious faults, I will always appreciate the success he brought us.

As you know I was a big fan of his, but I am a realist. Time moves on and I am excited about what the future brings.

I would be ecstatic if you Spurs can improve your squad a little bit and pip United for the 4th place next seasonthumbsup.gif

not with our owners i'm afraid! its all about punching above our weight

Posted Image

MAN LOVE

I would be ecstatic if you Spurs can improve your squad a little bit and pip United for the 4th place next seasonPosted Image

Buy Cavani and loan us Tevez then. :D

• Like 1

BLU8bN6CIAAC89O.jpg

MAN LOVE

Buy Cavani and loan us Tevez then. biggrin.png

I doubt Carlitos has a hankering to return to London Town.wink.png