Manchester City

mrbojangles

They've even taken them off the City web site players profiles page. That was quick :)

just paid a first visit to the site, looks quite good - except for Stephen Ireland's face on the first page.

Everytime I click on a page I keep on getting this annoying box asking me if i want it in English or Arabic. Maybe because I'm in Saudi, I don't know but it is annoying.

They've even taken them off the City web site players profiles page. That was quick :)

just paid a first visit to the site, looks quite good - except for Stephen Ireland's face on the first page.

Everytime I click on a page I keep on getting this annoying box asking me if i want it in English or Arabic. Maybe because I'm in Saudi, I don't know but it is annoying.

sure that's not because of who now owns you? :D

sure that's not because of who now owns you? :D

No stevie. The full site is available in both English and Arabic. Usually you get an option as to which language you want and don't get asked again. Or, as in the previous City website, if you wanted the Thai or Chinese version it redirected you to another site. But this one is really annoying. Maybe just a start up glich.

From SKYSPORTS:-

Tevez's conscience is clear

Ex-Red Devil has no qualms over City switch

Argentina international striker Carlos Tevez believes Manchester United fans will forgive him if he seals a move to neighbours Manchester City.

The fans' favourite departed the Premier League champions this summer following the conclusion of his two-year loan, despite United's best efforts to retain his services.

The Red Devils agreed to pay the £25.5million fee required to secure the 25-year-old's services permanently along with dishing out a lucrative five-year contract.

However, Tevez, who now looks primed to seal to move to Eastlands, does not believe United fans will hold a grudge as he feels he was forced out of Old Trafford.

Tevez thoroughly enjoyed his first season after playing a major role in Sir Alex Ferguson's side, but felt his lack of first-team football last term meant his situation was no longer tenable.

"If I play for Manchester City I don't think the United fans will feel I am a traitor," he told The People.

"They have to remember that at least as far as I know I have been thrown out of the club and I have to study the best offers available.

"[Leaving] came about because I could not stand my sporting situation at Manchester United any longer.

"My first year was good in all senses. I played in the games and felt respected by the coach but in my second year some strange things happened that I still do not understand.

"After the game at Old Trafford where Liverpool beat us [4-1, in March], Ferguson ignored me almost as if I was to blame for the defeat when really Liverpool dominated us all over the pitch.

"After that the fans called for me to be in the team but he never took the advice on board because he always knows best.

"I gave everything for Manchester United and people know that. For that reason I don't deserve the way things have ended up."

If I play for Manchester City I don't think the United fans will feel I am a traitor

There's absolutely nothing to dislike about Carlitos. But I for one would be extremely disappointed if he where to join the mercenaries. Now if Terry's "Chelsea heart" was to be severely tested and eventually transplanted. I'd love it. :)

Now if Terry's "Chelsea heart" was to be severely tested

300,000 quid a week, if reports are to be believed, is a test alright!

Could be, although I heard that it was £40 million and 200k a week. Whatever, it still alienates the ordinary fan even further (if that was possible) from soulless greed of football at the Premiership level. Shame really, as what I don't understand is that Manchester City had a fair youth development policy and with the nous of a Ferguson could have found a respect worthy balance of home grown talent and imports.

I'd laugh my t*ts off if good old JT left Chelsea for City... :)

& i'd despise him even mor ethan i currently do for being incredibly greedy choosing money over Football, which would undoubtedly be the case if he left Chelsea for City..

Now if Terry's "Chelsea heart" was to be severely tested

300,000 quid a week, if reports are to be believed, is a test alright!

Could be, although I heard that it was £40 million and 200k a week. Whatever, it still alienates the ordinary fan even further (if that was possible) from soulless greed of football at the Premiership level. Shame really, as what I don't understand is that Manchester City had a fair youth development policy and with the nous of a Ferguson could have found a respect worthy balance of home grown talent and imports.

I have said it before, and I will say it again, City still have an excellent youth policy and are blending it with experience.

If they got Terry (which I doubt), I believe he would replace Dunne.

Richards/Onuha/Hart make up 3 of the 4 defenders of England U-21.

Richards and Onuha will be regular first teamers this season, as will Ireland and SWP and once he recovers Johnson, all who are from our excellent youth policy.

The fact that we have got big money and it is being used wisely to supplement our youngsters, I dont see why its a shame :)

Half the team will be home grown youngsters :D

Half the team will be home grown youngsters

When do you anticipate this ever happening , JnD ?

It started last season HH :)

Last season is past season. My hunch would be that there will be nowhere near half of the team being home grown players next season. For instance, how many home grown players do you have in your entire first team squad ? Five maybe. And your Sheikh hasn't closed the checkbook yet. Whether greed or that Manchester City are considered big enough to test Terry's "Chelsea heart", or a different enough alternative enough to lure Lescott away from Everton remains to be seen. But given that Hughes is seeking to strengthen you defence, probably means at least another two signings before the season begins. I would reckon that if you have three home grown players in the starting line-up next season you'd be fielding about the same number , at best, that I'd expect.

All-in-all, I'm left befuddled as to when JnD's prediction that half the Manchester City team will be home grown is actually going to happen.

Manchester City are expected to complete the signing of former Manchester United star Carlos Tevez later today, and the Argentine, who spent a year on loan at West Ham, has vowed to score against the English Champions in order tp prove Sir Alex Ferguson wrong.

The diminutive striker established himself as a Stretford End favorite during his two year spell at Old Trafford, but having left the club at the end of last month after rejecting Manchester United’s offer of a five year deal, the 25-year-old has been publicly critical of his former boss Ferguson.

Speaking to the Daily Mirror Tevez said: “Ferguson still believes I will be at United next season. He thinks I will return.”

“But I know what I want and I know that Ferguson did not respect me as a player.”

“Before Berbatov arrived in Manchester, Ferguson told me, 'You will still be the starting striker, so be cool'. But he lied to me!”

“That is why I know I will not return to United.”

“What I want to do next season is score against United.”

“I promise I will not celebrate in front of the United fans but I will shout in Ferguson's face.”

“You can be sure of that - and it will be one of the most beautiful things I have done in football.”

Tevez has been chased by Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham and Manchester City and the later are expected to win the race later today.

What an arrogant tosser Tevez has become. Manchester City are expected to complete the signing of former Manchester United star Carlos Tevez later today, and the Argentine, who spent a year on loan at West Ham, has vowed to score against the English Champions in order tp prove Sir Alex Ferguson wrong.

The diminutive striker established himself as a Stretford End favorite during his two year spell at Old Trafford, but having left the club at the end of last month after rejecting Manchester United’s offer of a five year deal, the 25-year-old has been publicly critical of his former boss Ferguson.

Speaking to the Daily Mirror Tevez said: “Ferguson still believes I will be at United next season. He thinks I will return.”

“But I know what I want and I know that Ferguson did not respect me as a player.”

“Before Berbatov arrived in Manchester, Ferguson told me, 'You will still be the starting striker, so be cool'. But he lied to me!”

“That is why I know I will not return to United.”

“What I want to do next season is score against United.”

“I promise I will not celebrate in front of the United fans but I will shout in Ferguson's face.”

“You can be sure of that - and it will be one of the most beautiful things I have done in football.”

Tevez has been chased by Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham and Manchester City and the later are expected to win the race later today.

What an arrogant tosser Tevez has become. :)

Edited by Happy Hammer

Probably only saying what the majority of ex-players really think about Fergie.

I must admit. It would be nice if he scores and goes up to Fergie :D

You mean the majority of whiny primadonnas with over inflated egos think about Fergie; yes probably...

Tevez seems to have plugged his head straight into a pump during the off season. I'm not sure he'll come back playing for City, or if he'll be taking the aerial view video footage as he floats around above the stadium.

Edited by dave111223

Probably only saying what the majority of ex-players really think about Fergie.

I must admit. It would be nice if he scores and goes up to Fergie :D

Possibly. Although I doubt if Hughes thinks that way. But remember what happened to the likes of Van Nistleroy, Beckham and Stam when they got too big for their boots. Although Ronaldo was given an extraordinary amount of slack by the old boy.

Beckham when they got too big for their boots. Although Ronaldo was given an extraordinary amount of slack by the old boy.

And then Fergie threw his boots at him :)

Although Ronaldo was given an extraordinary amount of slack by the old boy.

Wonder how long before he kisses and tells about the back room shennanigans at United :D

Tevez seems to have plugged his head straight into a pump during the off season. I'm not sure he'll come back playing for City, or if he'll be taking the aerial view video footage as he floats around above the stadium.

hel_l come down though after a few seasons -- or less -- when Kia wants to capitalise on his now partial stake and Tevez wants to get back into the Champions League limelight.

Half the team will be home grown youngsters

It started last season HH :D

All-in-all, I'm left befuddled as to when JnD's prediction that half the Manchester City team will be home grown is actually going to happen.

I will make it simple for you :)

Richards, Onouha, Ireland, SWP, Johnson.

Thats 5 for sure that will regularly feature in the regular 11.

Lescott/ Terry or whoever will replace Dunne.

Beckham when they got too big for their boots. Although Ronaldo was given an extraordinary amount of slack by the old boy.

And then Fergie threw his boots at him :)

Ferguson also threw Ronaldo's boots at him ? I see a pattern emerging here ... :D

Although Ronaldo was given an extraordinary amount of slack by the old boy

Wonder how long before he kisses and tells about the back room shennanigans at United :D.

If he does ? I tend to think that he has respect for Ferguson, otherwise the done deal would have been implemented last season.

It started last season HH :D

I will make it simple for you :)

Richards, Onouha, Ireland, SWP, Johnson.

Thats 5 for sure that will regularly feature in the regular 11.

Lescott/ Terry or whoever will replace Dunne.

Hardly simple, as it doesn't make any sense. So , as I've said there are five home grown's in Manchester Cities full first team squad. I know that my math needs simplifying , but that's not exactly half is it ? Secondly I doubt if most of those five will actually be in the regular stating team. The mercenaries will. But we shall see as the season unfolds. And if I'm wrong -- well I wont be about half the team -- then I'll concede that you were right , up to a point.

From the City website:-

Hard stuff the right measure for boss

City Chief Mark Hughes believes that a double ‘Scotch’ will prove the ideal aperitif for the rigours of the new season.

The Blues have announced a pre-season programme that sees his men play in the prestigious Vodacom Trophy in South Africa before completing preparations by taking on Barnsley and Glasgow giants Rangers and Celtic in the space of a week.

Hughes believes six or seven matches is the ideal number to get everyone up to speed for the opening day of the campaign

He has taken his squad to Germany this week before they head off to South Africa and the Vodacom Challenge.

“There are number of top class tournaments in the summer and for us to be invited to this one is a feather in our cap,” he declared. “I played in South Africa in the 1990s and the games with the Chiefs and Pirates were always competitive and the crowds big and noisy. The people really impressed me with their love for the sport.

“There is no real time difference so we are not compromised with changing time zones so we should be jet lag free. That is a bonus and the climate will be in our favour too because they will still be in their winter.

“We have good quality matches waiting for us when we get back and to face Rangers and Celtic within four days of each other will be a test and I expect the three games in that week will give everyone a chance to get some game time.

“We also know that the atmosphere in terms of the crowd in the two games against the Scots sides will be terrific. That is important too because it will help us prepare for the intensity of the first game of the season at Rovers.”