Manchester City

mrbojangles

oh dear. still, serves him right really. trying to blame it on a 'hacker' was incredibly amateurish and he'd have come out of it better if he'd just 'fessed up and said sorry. fair play to city for doing the right thing, though he didn't leave them much choice. garry cook really is a gigantic bellend.

oh dear. still, serves him right really. trying to blame it on a 'hacker' was incredibly amateurish and he'd have come out of it better if he'd just 'fessed up and said sorry. fair play to city for doing the right thing, though he didn't leave them much choice. garry cook really is a gigantic bellend.

Yip. There won't be many City fans who will even bother to stop flicking through the paper when they see this story.

He had it coming,great news for City fans one tosser gone now just need to get rid of Mancini ;)

Why Mancini ? What has he done wrong ? As I have stated many times on here, ny jury is still out on him but I'm more than happy with the way he is progressing and he should be given time (the same as SAF was).

He had it coming,great news for City fans one tosser gone now just need to get rid of Mancini ;)

Why Mancini ? What has he done wrong ? As I have stated many times on here, ny jury is still out on him but I'm more than happy with the way he is progressing and he should be given time (the same as SAF was).

Agreed. I've been one of his biggest detractors but the performances thus far and in the latter half of last season were very good.

I enjoy watching City play, which probably says enough.

Agreed. I've been one of his biggest detractors but the performances thus far and in the latter half of last season were very good.

Now that is a testimonial that I may wish to frame :D

I don't think he has the control and authority that will be needed as the season goes on(there are to many dominant players who will undermine him when not picked or dropped or just create problems for him),also again my opinion i don't think tactically he is very good either something that a lot of city fans and friends said last season.

So it boils down to the fact that the club have bought some better players and will give him time to assert his authority over the better players when it does not go as well as it has already.

You don't seriously think like a lot of people that City will play all season like they have started it do you?:rolleyes:

As you stated before there is something that is missing with Mancini,just can't put my finger on it!

Anyway just to make things clear......at the moment i am as excited as you when they play, nothing beats seeing great football i just think there will be problems unforseen ahead..........like todays announcement! ;) allthough we all know that it could be the best thing to happen for Mr Mancini,so we will see.

Now that is a testimonial that I may wish to frame :D

To be whacked 5-1 and have played reasonably well for at least an hour says it all. The attacking options you have now re awesome. Mancini has no excuses this season...he has to be making it a well oiled machine by xmas for me or he's a lame duck.

That "Poznan" thing is the crappest football fan trend since inflatable bananas.

Give over. It's great and to be honest it was just the type of thing we needed. After moving from Maine Road the atmosphere was never the same but this has created some atmosphere again. Teams like Arsenal could do with something similar.

Anyway, you better get used to it because our strikers look like they will be scoring plenty this season. :D

That "Poznan" thing is the crappest football fan trend since inflatable bananas.

Give over. It's great and to be honest it was just the type of thing we needed. After moving from Maine Road the atmosphere was never the same but this has created some atmosphere again. Teams like Arsenal could do with something similar.

Anyway, you better get used to it because our strikers look like they will be scoring plenty this season. :D

Yes they will and I wonder whats going through Tevez's mind. It always makes me smile seeing him glued to the bench, no longer Mr Indespensable. ;)

Yes they will and I wonder whats going through Tevez's mind. It always makes me smile seeing him glued to the bench, no longer Mr Indespensable. ;)

In fairness, apart from that terrible penalty he had a really good game. 150% effort and very menacing. But your right, no longer Mr Indespensable.

From the City website:-

Mancini delight at latest win

Roberto Mancini saw his side stride to a fourth successive Barclays Premier League win and then admitted his forwards make football look easy.

But despite an 18th home game in succession without defeat the hard taskmaster at the Blues helm insisted that there are still better performances ahead.

And in particular he believes that former skipper Carlos Tevez will come on a bundle for his first domestic start of the season.

“It was important that Carlos played and I thought he did well and linked well with Sergio Aguero,” praised the manager.

Aguero’s hat-trick, which followed Edin Dzeko’s in the win over Tottenham in the previous outing, earned him man of the match honours but it was David Silva’s probing that had the purists purring and the manager joined in.

“Silva is a top, top player,” said Mancini. “Like Aguero, Yaya, Nasri and Tevez. Football for them comes easy. Like anyone else I like watching it when we play well.

“But football is about winning too and sometimes you play better than the other team and lose. Against Wigan we should have closed the game off much more quickly.

“In the first half we had 15 chances and scored only one. That is dangerous. It can cause you a problem because a game can change in a moment.

“All the players did well and we have made a good start but that is all it is - a good start. We can still improve and we must improve if we are to arrive at the top.”

From skysports:-

Martinez - Sky is the limit

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez believes Manchester City have the potential to emulate Barcelona and 'achieve anything in world football'.

The Spaniard saw his side pulled to pieces at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday, as a Sergio Aguero hat-trick secured the points.

Carlos Tevez, despite missing a first-half penalty, was also excellent, while David Silva was again almost unplayable.

The fluidity of City's attacking performance drew post-match comparisons to European champions Barcelona.

And while Martinez did not want to make direct parallels, he was impressed by the Aguero-Tevez-Silva combination.

"What is quite clear is that they do not play in straight lines," said the Wigan boss. "They have got a fantastic football awareness and they are wonderful players to watch.

"The understanding between Silva, Aguero and Tevez - that is something special. That is why football becomes so creative and so unpredictable and so difficult to stop."

Asked directly if City could emulate Barcelona, Martinez said: "Only time will tell. I think Barcelona, three years ago, when they started with Frank Rijkaard, they had little flashes like Manchester City showed.

"Three years down the line, you'll be able to compare to a side like Barcelona. Nobody can be compared to Barcelona yet. You have to win many titles, you have to play many games together.

"But what is quite clear is that the ingredients of this Manchester City have got the capability to achieve anything in world football."

Meanwhile, Martinez was left frustrated with his side's performance as they surrendered an unbeaten record.

He said: "It is fair to say that Manchester City have earned the status to be title challengers.

"But from our point of view, when you come to places like this you need to be perfect. I don't think we were.

"I think we were far, far away from what we can be. If you don't perform at your best, the quality of the opposition will show."

well said. anyone who indulges in that nonsense at city is a d*ckhead. it's the terrace equivalent of playing james brown's 'i feel good' over the tannoy after you score a goal.

well said. anyone who indulges in that nonsense at city is a d*ckhead. it's the terrace equivalent of playing james brown's 'i feel good' over the tannoy after you score a goal.

Not the same at all. You must be calling me a d*ckhead too then, cos the last City game I went to I had to do the Poznan 5 times (against Sunderland). If you can't understand the difference between a club induced song over the tannoy versus a fan induced and initiated celebration then quite frankly I'm amazed.

Do you agree with singing in the terraces? Or do you compare that to something akin to James Brown over the tannoy? Oh wait a minute, you lot sing you'll never walk alone led by the tannoy don't you !! ;)

Not the same at all. You must be calling me a d*ckhead too then, cos the last City game I went to I had to do the Poznan 5 times (against Sunderland). If you can't understand the difference between a club induced song over the tannoy versus a fan induced and initiated celebration then quite frankly I'm amazed.

Do you agree with singing in the terraces? Or do you compare that to something akin to James Brown over the tannoy? Oh wait a minute, you lot sing you'll never walk alone led by the tannoy don't you !! ;)

singing is more often than not a spontaneous reaction to something that's happened in the match. alternatively it is something which is used to encourage the team on, to support them as you're there to do. the poznan thing is something blatantly stolen from another club and only used after a goal - as the <deleted> tannoy music is. smacks of marketing and knobheads wanting to be on the telly. which is not to mention that by turning your back to the pitch you're missing out on something. just find the poznan thing and the match of the day cameras focusing on it really tacky and rather annoying.

smacks of marketing and knobheads wanting to be on the telly.

Get over yourself. You can call me a d1ckhead or knobhead if you want but it has absolutely nothing to do with marketing, the club had nothing to do with this celebration, it was the fans who took it on. Are you serious. You really think that they all do it to try and get on telly. :lol::lol: I always had you down as being a lot more sensible than that.

which is not to mention that by turning your back to the pitch you're missing out on something.

What, a few seconds after the kick off. Your lot must have missed a lot more of the match on saturday with their heads in their hands. ;)

just find the poznan thing and the match of the day cameras focusing on it really tacky and rather annoying.

Oh, so it's really down to it being popular what gripes you.