Manchester City

mrbojangles

Silva really does make a difference doesnt he? Does everything twice as fast as Nasri.

I still, for the life of me, do not know why he wont play Rodwell ??

Dzeko has been his usual dormant self.

West Brom still look dangerous. I would be happier with another goal!!

Silva really does make a difference doesnt he? Does everything twice as fast as Nasri.

I still, for the life of me, do not know why he wont play Rodwell ??

Dzeko has been his usual dormant self.

West Brom still look dangerous. I would be happier with another goal!!

Silva's a marvel without a doubt. Aguero looks to be getting some of his sharpness back.

Agree about Rodwell. Give him at least 30 mins.

Dzecko stumbling as per usual.

Apart from the sloppy goal, quite happy with the performance upto now.

Agueros hurt mate!!

He will be off soon.sad.png

Hoping Aguero is just precautionary but Silva's looks serious.

It seemed to me that Pellegrini was asking him at half time, in the tunnel, if he was ok and then he went down holding his leg within 5 or 10 minutes of the reswtart. I dont think its serious but I still think he is hurting.

Silva didnt look goodsad.png

Its been one step forward two steps back, all year with our injuries!!

And it's always our key players and not the duffers.

Aguero, Kompany, Silva, Toure. Its been any 2 from 4 all year!!!!!

It's gonna be interesting to who he buys in the summer. We were saying last year that Vinny needed cover and shoring up at the back and that doesn't include last nights man of the match - Demechelis w00t.gif We definitely need attention in that area.

I think in the midfield we are about ok and have enough cover. It's a tricky balance keeping everyone happy when someone is just a bench warmer waiting for the first choice to get injured. Hopefully Rodwell will be given more playing time, Lopes should be due to progress so hopefully it's just replacing Barry that is needed.

Up front, I'd just like to see Dzecko go and spend big on a class replacement. Negrado will get his form back. Jovetic will get sharper and get used to the prem and I really would like to see Guidetti given at least a chance but with him not being given a run out at Stoke, I think that won't happen.

Wilshere, Ramsey, Podolski, Ozil, Walcott, Ox. It's been any 4 from 6 over the last 4 months (not to mention our long term sick note, Diaby).

Injuries define a season these days. when I suggested that Liverpool have been relatively lucky I took some flak from the Red boys. Whatever, I think they will find next season a different ball of wax when they are in 4 competitions simultaneously (and that's not meant to be sour grapes - I love the way it has allowed them to play and I do think that the Arsenal record is partly of our own making - not enough spent on squad depth resulting in overplaying the best midfielders).

Injuries define a season these days. when I suggested that Liverpool have been relatively lucky I took some flak from the Red boys. Whatever, I think they will find next season a different ball of wax when they are in 4 competitions simultaneously

Totally agree Santi. I didn't see you get any flak from that and I think it's quite obvious, Liverpool not playing in Europe has definitely helped their players keep fresh and injury free. If they haven't got enough depth they'll find that out next year.

Injuries define a season these days. when I suggested that Liverpool have been relatively lucky I took some flak from the Red boys. Whatever, I think they will find next season a different ball of wax when they are in 4 competitions simultaneously

Totally agree Santi. I didn't see you get any flak from that and I think it's quite obvious, Liverpool not playing in Europe has definitely helped their players keep fresh and injury free. If they haven't got enough depth they'll find that out next year.

All true but at least they will find out in a proper tournament and not that waste of space the Europa

All true but at least they will find out in a proper tournament and not that waste of space the Europa

Absolutely Carms. I remember when we qualified a few seasons ago. My first thought was that at least it was a step up in the right direction and playing in that comp is at least getting European experience. Didn't take me long to change my mind on that. Thusrday night football, Prem games having to be reshuffled and always playing catch up, nah, you can stuff it.

They will find out the hard way. Not least by the seedings.....

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog

Don't be so negative carmine, you might still qualify.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

errr ... so might we Chic w00t.gif

Edit: - oh maybe you meant that Spurs might qualify for the CL. Agree that is still a 5 percent outsider - probably the kind of compensation bet you would be interested in? [outside this country of course].

Edited by SantiSuk

Its been one step forward two steps back, all year with our injuries!!

And it's always our key players and not the duffers.

It's gonna be interesting to who he buys in the summer. We were saying last year that Vinny needed cover and shoring up at the back and that doesn't include last nights man of the match - Demechelis w00t.gif We definitely need attention in that area.

I think in the midfield we are about ok and have enough cover. It's a tricky balance keeping everyone happy when someone is just a bench warmer waiting for the first choice to get injured. Hopefully Rodwell will be given more playing time, Lopes should be due to progress so hopefully it's just replacing Barry that is needed.

Up front, I'd just like to see Dzecko go and spend big on a class replacement. Negrado will get his form back. Jovetic will get sharper and get used to the prem and I really would like to see Guidetti given at least a chance but with him not being given a run out at Stoke, I think that won't happen.

Fingers crossed for Silva. Not easy to win out with him, much less without him.

Please sell Dzeko in the summer. Bring in a strong CB. A striker who can finish other than Aguero. A back up FB for Zabaleta. Dispatch Garcia and bring in a DM who can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Fingers crossed for Silva. Not easy to win out with him, much less without him.

Please sell Dzeko in the summer. Bring in a strong CB. A striker who can finish other than Aguero. A back up FB for Zabaleta. Dispatch Garcia and bring in a DM who can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Can't remember off the top of my head how long Dzecko has left on his contract but it can't be long. Hopefully getting something back for him will help tilt the scales into getting rid.

Still weary of the joking among commentators about Demichelis. Seems he's the easy whipping boy for a bunch of half clueless, smirking schoolboys.bah.gif

When it came over the tanoy last night that he was MOTM, the pundits were aghast.

To be fair. A lot of the flak he has had has been justified. He's no good against a top team, they rip him apart. However, against the so called lower teams (like United) tongue.png he fairs much better.

Still weary of the joking among commentators about Demichelis. Seems he's the easy whipping boy for a bunch of half clueless, smirking schoolboys.bah.gif

When it came over the tanoy last night that he was MOTM, the pundits were aghast.

To be fair. A lot of the flak he has had has been justified. He's no good against a top team, they rip him apart. However, against the so called lower teams (like United) tongue.png he fairs much better.

My point about Demi is that City would have been in much worse shape without him. He's far from perfect I agree, but if he was from England there would be a lot less smirking and joking. I might catch flak for that statement, but I believe it 100%.wai2.gif

He seems to have been the Citeh player who's made the most awful ricks this year.

Lescott would have been miles ahead with more time on the pitch. But then of course, that's why he wasn't.thumbsup.gif

In addition, there are have been lots of mistakes made by players with a more solid reputation, including Kompany. But not too many sniggers in Vinnie's direction.

And, I think Vinnie is a tremendous player. Just for the record.smile.png

I have said it before STABILITY is the key to success coffee1.gif

Yes City are going through a bad patch but they have shown this year that they can play magnificent football they just need stability from the top down. biggrin.png

BT biggrin.png

Wrong.

Key to success is having a manager who knows what he's doing and 11 blokes who know how to play magnificent football.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

at anfield he played suarez about as well as any defender has this season. he's not a crap footballer, he's one of them much more used to playing in a slower paced league. was always going to take time to adjust.

• Like 1

at anfield he played suarez about as well as any defender has this season. he's not a crap footballer, he's one of them much more used to playing in a slower paced league. was always going to take time to adjust.

Spot on.