Manchester City

mrbojangles

Not that I'll be bothering to fly back to Wembley to watch this but:-

Blue Sunday: City fans face travel misery on weekend of Community Shield as major train line set to close

THOUSANDS of Manchester City fans face travel misery on their trip to Wembley after it was revealed the main train line to the capital will be closed.

The Premiership champions are due to take on Arsenal in the season curtain raiser - the Community Shield - at the national stadium on Sunday, August 10.

However, it has now emerged there are no direct train services from Manchester to London over that weekend due to track maintenance work.

The closure between Watford and Euston is part of an £81m project and is said to have been planned months ago.

But it will cause headaches for the estimated 30,000 fans set to travel that weekend.

It leaves supporters travelling from Manchester having to go via Birmingham, Sheffield or other major cities, DOUBLING their journey time from the normal two hours to more than four.

Full story:- http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-city-fans-travelling-wembley-7196777

Just thought! Only 81 million....Can't City just pay for it and then move it forward a week. Job donebiggrin.png

• Like 1

Blue Sunday: City fans face travel misery on weekend of Community Shield as major train line set to close

THOUSANDS of Manchester City fans face travel misery on their trip to Wembley after it was revealed the main train line to the capital will be closed.

The Premiership champions are due to take on Arsenal in the season curtain raiser - the Community Shield - at the national stadium on Sunday, August 10.

However, it has now emerged there are no direct train services from Manchester to London over that weekend due to track maintenance work.

The closure between Watford and Euston is part of an £81m project and is said to have been planned months ago.

But it will cause headaches for the estimated 30,000 fans set to travel that weekend.

It leaves supporters travelling from Manchester having to go via Birmingham, Sheffield or other major cities, DOUBLING their journey time from the normal two hours to more than four.

Full story:- http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-city-fans-travelling-wembley-7196777

Just thought! Only 81 million....Can't City just pay for it and then move it forward a week. Job donebiggrin.png

We have FFP to deal with ya know Wilai. Every pounds a prisoner now tongue.png

• Like 1

World Cup 2014: Alvaro Negredo and Jesus Navas dropped by Spain.

Manchester City pair Alvaro Negredo and Jesus Navas have been left out of Spain's 23-man World Cup squad, but Chelsea's Fernando Torres has been selected by manager Vicente Del Bosque.

Torres is one of six Premier League players in the squad, which includes Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa.

http://www.bbc.com/s...otball/27647635

Manchester City pair Alvaro Negredo and Jesus Navas have been left out of Spain's 23-man World Cup squad, but Chelsea's Fernando Torres has been selected by manager Vicente Del Bosque.

Good news as far as I'm concerned. They will have a nice break and be fit for next season.

• Like 1

I was going to say Etihad could pay for it, same money innit?

You could offset the expense and spend another 80M on a couple of squad fillers biggrin.png

Good news as far as I'm concerned. They will have a nice break and be fit for next season.

thumbsup.gif

Negredo and Costa very similar. Guess there was only room for one.

Torres, a little bit different. World Cup appearance should help resale value.

This comment is laughable but Torres will probably be tournament top scorer now.

Or maybe Costa?

Unlikely to be Soldado.

smile.png

Could be plenty of penalties....anything can happen.

Most likely is a couple of new players will excel....be sold for £50m each and be crap at club level....happens every WC.

• Like 2

Dunno. Buy young talent inexpensively, loan them out, wait for them to flourish, bring them back. FFP compliance. thumbsup.gif

City's approach appears to be different.

( BTW. New young faces at Chelski next season will add entertainment value. Kalas, van Ginkel and others. smile.png )

Or maybe Costa?

Unlikely to be Soldado.

smile.png

Could be plenty of penalties....anything can happen.

Most likely is a couple of new players will excel....be sold for £50m each and be crap at club level....happens every WC.

Just in case anybody missed it, I don't think Soldado has been picked for Spain.

So it's going to be a bit of a bstrd for him to score in Brazil, even from the penalty spot, I would have thought.

Needs to be careful mind.

It didn't work for Torres. Cut his hair and it took all his strength away.

Never played properly since.

facepalm.gif

Demi has a lot less distance to fall than Torres.tongue.png

That said, despite all the grief he got from the media and fans, City would have been in a bad place without him.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Needs to be careful mind.

It didn't work for Torres. Cut his hair and it took all his strength away.

Never played properly since.

facepalm.gif

Demi has a lot less distance to fall than Torres.tongue.png

That said, despite all the grief he got from the media and fans, City would have been in a bad place without him.thumbsup.gif

Yes. Fair play. Boy done good.

Dzeko too I guess.

thumbsup.gif

I really hope he comes back strong next season. Feel sorry for the lad having an injury like that, just when he was establishing himself and TBH claiming the position as his own. Not the finished article yet but has so much potential to be as solid as Vinny. Tall order that though.

• Like 1

I really hope he comes back strong next season. Feel sorry for the lad having an injury like that, just when he was establishing himself and TBH claiming the position as his own. Not the finished article yet but has so much potential to be as solid as Vinny. Tall order that though.

Agreed with that MrB. Two years ago I thought Nastasic was going to be one of the best centre-backs in the league. Jury is out, but I'm sure he has the potential. We'll see.

5 additional years is not a good move IMO. He has two years still to run and is one of those players that is easily replaceable, probably with someone who doesn't run around in circles as much as he does smile.png

• Like 1

5 additional years is not a good move IMO. He has two years still to run and is one of those players that is easily replaceable, probably with someone who doesn't run around in circles as much as he does smile.png

Maybe they have decided that now he's pretty much out of international football he has greater longevity with his club game? I find him too much of a hot/cold hit and miss player.

Maybe they have decided that now he's pretty much out of international football he has greater longevity with his club game? I find him too much of a hot/cold hit and miss player.

I'm fine with Nasri as long as he realizes that passing the <deleted> ball is not a sin. He has been much better about that under Pellegrini. Five years is a long time. I'd bet City are trying to establish a core of players that get along and will play as a unit over a period of years. Not so easy to do. Contract or no contract, if Nasri reverts to his childish behaviors of yore I expect he'll be sent packing.

I'm hoping City have a large refrigerator full of birthday cakes.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1