Manchester City

mrbojangles

I think this figure has changed. To One.

Since Sheikh Mansour bought City in the summer of 2008 not one English player developed by the club has started in the Premier League.

But we have won two prem titles, a FA Cup and a League Cup, ending 30+ yrs of misery for me. So quite frankly, I don't give a fig thumbsup.gif

Frankly, the best post on here of 2015 to date. Well said/done MrBojangles!!

Since Sheikh Mansour bought City in the summer of 2008 not one English player developed by the club has started in the Premier League.

But we have won two prem titles, a FA Cup and a League Cup, ending 30+ yrs of misery for me. So quite frankly, I don't give a fig thumbsup.gif

Should be ashamed

So all those posts jerking off about your brilliant academy were all wind and piss then.

w00t.gif

• Like 2

Should be ashamed

Of and why?

So all those posts jerking off about your brilliant academy were all wind and piss then.

w00t.gif

Just searched "academy" in this forum and couldn't find any such posts.

Should be ashamed

After due consideration and long soul searching, I have reached a conclusion. And you won't like it. tongue.png

w00t.gif

It is a fantastic new facility and hopefully we will produce some good talent but sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it. If winning silverware was at the cost of not developing English players, then my statement stands.

It is a fantastic new facility and hopefully we will produce some good talent but sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it. If winning silverware was at the cost of not developing English players, then my statement stands.

Well the big question is will Dyke's draconian new laws force the big clubs to develop quality, highly professional English players or will we all be stuck with a bunch of English chavs are are more interested in the birds, booze and cars than a lengthy football career?

• Like 1

Well the big question is will Dyke's draconian new laws force the big clubs to develop quality, highly professional English players or will we all be stuck with a bunch of English chavs are are more interested in the birds, booze and cars than a lengthy football career?

I fear in the main, it will be the latter

Ahhh putting the great back in Britain!

Should be ashamed

Of and why?

Get home grown talent on the pitch.

Therein lies the rub.

Should be ashamed

Of and why?

If home grown talent at any club isn't as good as talent in the team they don't get in. Not sure exactly what home grown talent at other Premier clubs we're supposed to be in awe of, like which players?

Should be ashamed

Of and why?

If home grown talent at any club isn't as good as talent in the team they don't get in. Not sure exactly what home grown talent at other Premier clubs we're supposed to be in awe of, like which players?

It's not as if it matters to you lot, if you see anyone you want you just tap them up through their agents, and dip into the Shaikh's pot of the Emirates people's gold.

w00t.gif

Should be ashamed

Of and why?

It's not as if it matters to you lot, if you see anyone you want you just tap them up through their agents, and dip into the Shaikh's pot of the Emirates people's gold.

w00t.gif

See you didn't answer my query which was: what home grown talent at other Premier clubs are we supposed to be in awe of, like which players?

^Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair etc etc....oh wait, that was a couple of years back.biggrin.png For now, Barkley and Sterling do ya? Mind you, given your recent fetish for Chiq's boys, may I suggest Coquelin and Gnabry might just be on the Sheik's radar?thumbsup.gif

^Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair etc etc....oh wait, that was a couple of years back.biggrin.png For now, Barkley and Sterling do ya? Mind you, given your recent fetish for Chiq's boys, may I suggest Coquelin and Gnabry might just be on the Sheik's radar?thumbsup.gif

I don't think they count as home grown any more.

Should be ashamed

Of and why?

w00t.gif

See you didn't answer my query which was: what home grown talent at other Premier clubs are we supposed to be in awe of, like which players?

Oh do learn how to quote Blue.

It doesn't matter who Manchester Dhabi buy, they just want the numbers, or to stop other teams getting players.

Since when did the Shaikh worry about blowing a few quid on rubbish players? It's not his money, is it?

Should be ashamed

Of and why?

w00t.gif

Oh do learn how to quote Blue.

It doesn't matter who Manchester Dhabi buy, they just want the numbers, or to stop other teams getting players.

Since when did the Shaikh worry about blowing a few quid on rubbish players? It's not his money, is it?

Still avoiding answering my question I see.

Your comment on Rodwell and Sinclair I didn't get, but the other 4, is that it?

I'd agree Sterling (developed by QPR) is a huge talent and the scousers are lucky to have him, Barkley looked special but now the jury is out, Coquelin looks a talent since the turn of the year only but will it last (joined the Arse at aged 17 so developed by them or the french teams he was with before) and Gnabry has played a handful of games so bit early to say whether we should be in awe of Arsenal developing him (thought Arse bought him from a german team...see my comment on Colquelin). So in summary, only in awe of (QPR's or Liverpool's) Sterling...but where was his strike partner Sturridge developed?

I'm expecting to get bombarded here with suggestions of players, worthy of a position in the current City or Chelsea team, who've been home developed by a Premier clubs own development scheme...so far we've got Sterling...and?

But as I said, your chairman will go and buy anyone just to meet the criteria, even if he sticks them on the bench.

That means any English player would be up for grabs.

You're the ones that pay stupid money for players.

I agree most of them aren't worth it.

But as I said, your chairman will go and buy anyone just to meet the criteria, even if he sticks them on the bench.

Stick to the point that YOU raised that since Sheik M took over in 2008 only one english player developed by the club has featured in the Premier to which I have countered with what home grown talent at other Premier clubs are we supposed to be in awe of, like which players?

My point is we are no different than any other team. We develop plenty of players who go on to feature for other clubs lower down but its difficult to develop talent good enough to get in the first team of international players.

So go on then answer my question and prove me wrong.

Stick to the point that YOU raised that since Sheik M took over in 2008 only one english player developed by the club has featured in the Premier to which I have countered with what home grown talent at other Premier clubs are we supposed to be in awe of, like which players?

My point is we are no different than any other team. We develop plenty of players who go on to feature for other clubs lower down but its difficult to develop talent good enough to get in the first team of international players.

BB, if we just look at the England starting 11 last night, there isn't a single prem club who can claim to be a centre of excellence for developing home grown talent.

01 Hart - City since he was 19 and Shrewsbury before that

02 Clyne - Southampton for 2 years and developed at Palace

05 Cahill - Chelsea but developed at Villa

06 Jones - Man U but developed at Blackburn

03 Baines - Everton but developed at Wigan

04 Henderson - Liverpool but developed at Sunderland

08 Carrick - Man U but developed at West Ham and Spurs

11 Delph - Villa but developed at Leeds

07 Sterling - Liverpool but could be argued QPR developed him.

10 Rooney - Man U but developed at Everton

09 Welbeck - Arsenal but developed at Man U

BB, if we just look at the England starting 11 last night, there isn't a single prem club who can claim to be a centre of excellence for developing home grown talent.

01 Hart - City since he was 19 and Shrewsbury before that

02 Clyne - Southampton for 2 years and developed at Palace

05 Cahill - Chelsea but developed at Villa

06 Jones - Man U but developed at Blackburn

03 Baines - Everton but developed at Wigan

04 Henderson - Liverpool but developed at Sunderland

08 Carrick - Man U but developed at West Ham and Spurs

11 Delph - Villa but developed at Leeds

07 Sterling - Liverpool but could be argued QPR developed him.

10 Rooney - Man U but developed at Everton

09 Welbeck - Arsenal but developed at Man U

The dippers won't like you saying that biggrin.png

Have you even produced any English players that have gone on to play with other premier league clubs?

My point is why bother when you can go out and buy who you like and pay them what you like?

Why do you think Sagna isn't complaining about warming the bench on 100K a week?