Manchester City

mrbojangles

After 2 games City have been the surprise team compared to the rest and to cap it all Colin Bell cant even make the bench!

We'll drink a drink a drink a drink

For Colin the King the King the King

He's the leader of Man City

He's the greatest Inside Forward

That the world has ever seen

Chelsea Football Club's resounding 200-0 victory over Manchester City

The world watched on in goggle-eyed awe on Sunday afternoon as Chelsea Football Club stormed to a resounding 200-0 victory over the hapless village idiots of Manchester City, smashing their rivals with a performance that will make their critics think twice about ever denigrating their character again. The mayhem did not end there, with Chelseas website writers ordered to mount a predictably successful coup of this tea-timely football email. There will be no more satire. From tomorrow onwards, this page will turn into a 24-hour rolling news service documenting Chelseas many victories both on and off the pitch. Your inbox will teem with tales of Juan Cuadrados latest hat-tricks and pictures of Arsène Wenger looking upset. The Fiver you once knew is bound and gagged in a dark room somewhere. You do not need to know where. Questions will not be tolerated. It is all Eva Carneiros fault. You can ask questions if you like, but you have no right to ask them, and the consequences will be dire if you persist.

Read more at:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/17/chelsea-football-clubs-resounding-200-0-victory-over-manchester-city?CMP=EMCFTBEML853

Otamendi is going to United,sorry to burst your bubble tongue.png

Good performance that was especially your defence ......for the time being wink.png Vincent should be fit at the moment he will toil come xmas.

Aguero is a delight to watch.

Looks like Otamendi is on his way to Manchester City !! Great news ! For my money one of the very best centre-backs in the business and in his prime. No weaknesses as a footballer save for a short fuse from time to time. A beast.

City will be looking to equal a Club record sequence of successive league wins when the Premier League leaders take on Everton this Sunday. The Blues have now won eight games on the bounce having taken maximum points from the final six games of last season and won their opening two matches this term.

The current MCFC record is nine wins in a row, set way back in 1912 and never bettered since.

In 1911/12, the Blues had looked set for relegation from the top flight having won none of the first 13 matches and just four of the first 29.A remarkable end to the campaign saw Harry Newbould's side win eight and draw one of the last 10 games to escape relegation by just one point. NOW THAT'S TYPICAL CITY!

• Like 1

As Otamendi and Mangala used to partner each other in Portugal, maybe Vinny needs to be on his toes.

Anyone know who played left and who played right between Otamendi and Mangala for Porto (both lefties aren't they?)?

i know Otamendi has played right back for Argentina, so its possible all 3 of Kompany Mangala and Otamendi could play in same lineup

Man United sign Otamendi...sorry Man City signed Man United target Otamendi...Manu were gazumped! 555

Overpaid again then?

Swapped Negredo for him.

Now that is a deal.

This is football, so this is of course dressed up as a triumph. It is interpreted as City or Liverpool or United or whoever cutting however many hundred thousand pounds a week off their wage bill. It is not. It is paying someone not to work for you. It is absurd. It is not a glass-half-full sort of moment. It is a waste. A waste so colossal it is bordering on the insane.

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/2571055/man-city-sales-of-jovetic-negredo-highlight-transfer-waste

Edited by Chicog

As Otamendi and Mangala used to partner each other in Portugal, maybe Vinny needs to be on his toes.

Anyone know who played left and who played right between Otamendi and Mangala for Porto (both lefties aren't they?)?

i know Otamendi has played right back for Argentina, so its possible all 3 of Kompany Mangala and Otamendi could play in same lineup

I don't think Otamendi's future is as a fullback Jack. Maradona stupidly had him at RB against Germany in the 2010 WC and he got chewed up. A centre-back now save maybe for an emergency.

You have to assume Pellegrini still sees Kompany as the main CB and on the right side. Mangala I would assume is 1st choice left side. Otamendi presumably is to compete/share right side with injury prone Kompany. Last season's best defender Demechellis can play both right or left side. Yet to be seen if Denayer will also be around or on loan. So without knowing for sure how Otamendi will shape up, we seem sorted at CB (no repeat of being short of cover and playing out of position Javi Garcia there).

we seem sorted at CB (no repeat of being short of cover and playing out of position Javi Garcia there).

Yeah, major issue last year looks to be sorted now. Happy with that and it's good to have competition for places.

I'm really happy Otamendi is on board. Takes care of a possible problem area with a super footballer.clap2.gif

Not happy about Otamendi going to you at all.....big signing that is and one we both needed seems you paid a little bit extra to get him but for sure a very good signing and as Jelly said before one that you needed annoyed.gifannoyed.gif

Not happy about Otamendi going to you at all.....big signing that is and one we both needed seems you paid a little bit extra to get him but for sure a very good signing and as Jelly said before one that you needed annoyed.gifannoyed.gif

Yes agreed thats a real coup for City. looking very strong now.

He didn't want to go to a big club Red. He wanted to come to a massive club laugh.png

Seriously though. Very happy with that and I'd have been jealous should he have signed for your lot.

Question. Why are you getting beaten to the post on so many transfer targets? Can't all be about money as they are all offering huge sums and to date and I don't think we have paid any record breaking wages so far.

He didn't want to go to a big club Red. He wanted to come to a massive club laugh.png

Seriously though. Very happy with that and I'd have been jealous should he have signed for your lot.

Question. Why are you getting beaten to the post on so many transfer targets? Can't all be about money as they are all offering huge sums and to date and I don't think we have paid any record breaking wages so far.

A few years back, no way would players be favouring other teams over ManU. This is something they should be seriously worried about; reckon their standing in the world football order has dropped seriously since rednose left. Not gloating, just stating the bleedin obvious.

Ps. Maybe ManU could put a bid in for Balotelli, Adebayor, SWP or Dunney...they might be succesful for a change ;-)

Denayer not impressed tho'....off to France (Marseille?) No details whether loan or permanentwink.png

I'd be amazed if City sold Denayer having just signed him up on a new 5 year contract last month, but it would do him good to go out on loan again to a league with a better standard than Scotland.

My concern is that we don't let our best defender (since Hull away 10 man win) leave as some reports are suggesting; he's too reliable to let go and he can do a job in midfield when we're short.

A few years back, no way would players be favouring other teams over ManU. This is something they should be seriously worried about; reckon their standing in the world football order has dropped seriously since rednose left. Not gloating, just stating the bleedin obvious.

Ps. Maybe ManU could put a bid in for Balotelli, Adebayor, SWP or Dunney...they might be succesful for a change ;-)

Maybe ManU should put a bid in for Dante (don't rate him personally).

The phrase "Everton at Goodison Park" often spells bad news for City.

Four wins and a draw swing the last six Goodison meetings in the Toffees' favour, while 10 wins and five draws in the last 18 league meetings on this ground reinforces the home dominance.

One clean sheet in 20 league visits underlines the stranglehold this old stadium often has over the blue half of Manchester.

Not going to be easy.