Manchester City

mrbojangles

On the positive side, it'll be nice to play a few sides we haven't played before in the Champions League (seem to remember going watching us against Boniek's Juventus in the 70s) and my brothers and nephews will be looking forward to visiting Seville.

Definitely not an easy group, as usual, but no Bayern or Barcelona.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

On the positive side, it'll be nice to play a few sides we haven't played before in the Champions League (seem to remember going watching us against Boniek's Juventus in the 70s) and my brothers and nephews will be looking forward to visiting Seville.

I knew the whining would start quickly!

:lol::lol::lol:

laugh.png:lol:laugh.png

Which do you reckon is the toughest group Smokes?

Group A: PSG, Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Malmo.

Group B: PSV Eindhoven, Manchester United, CSKA Moscow, Wolfsburg.

Group C: Benfica, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray, Astana.

Group D: Juventus, Manchester City, Sevilla, Borussia Monchengladbach.

Group E: Barcelona, Bayer Leverkusen, Roma, BATE Borisov.

Group F: Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Olympiakos, Dinamo Zagreb.

Group G: Chelsea, Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Maccabi Tel-Aviv.

Group H: Zenit, Valencia, Lyon, KAA Gent.

How will De Bruyne fit in at City

From the Manchester Evening News:-

The Belgian ace is close to a Β£50million-plus deal taking him from Wolfsburg to the Etihad Stadium, but is not likely to be added to the squad ahead of Saturday’s home game with Watford.

That would mean, as long as the ongoing talks hit no hitches, he joins up with Belgium during their international break and reports for City duty just ahead of the Palace game.

Not that anyone expects de Bruyne to sit on the bench for long – you do not splash out a club record fee for a player just to keep him on standby.

At the moment, it is hard to shoe-horn him into a team that has begun the season in sparkling fashion, winning three out of three, despatching Chelsea, and scoring eight goals without reply.

But the man who will feel the hot breath of competition on the back of his neck must be Jesus Navas.

The Spaniard has stepped up his game from last season, when his pace and enterprise too often ended up with a poor end-product or up a blind alley.

And de Bruyne is all about end-product.

In a Bundesliga populated by craftsmen like Franck Ribery, Arjen Robben and Marco Reus, he equalled the league record for number of assists in a season.

His passing is top-notch, and with him, Raheem Sterling and David Silva working their magic, Sergio Aguero’s goal stats could go through the roof.

De Bruyne played most of last season in the number ten role currently occupied by Silva, and he started this season in Sterling’s left-sided position.

But he has also played on the right of an attacking midfield three, and that means he, Sterling and Silva will be pretty much interchangeable in terms of starting position.
The fact that they are interchangeable during the game, as well, will give Premier League defences kittens.

De Bruyne also has a decent goal record, with 20 in 72 appearances for Wolfsburg.

The 24-year-old has been labelled a Premier League β€œflop” after his unsuccessful spell with Chelsea, but he was much younger. Ask a Belgium fan, and he is likely to rank de Bruyne more highly than Eden Hazard.

This is his second coming in the Premier – and he has a big point to prove.

• Like 1

Manchester City fixtures

15 Sep - Juventus (H); 30 Sep - Borussia Monchengladbach (A); 21 Oct - Sevilla (H)3 Nov - Sevilla (A); 25 Nov - Juventus (A); 8 Dec - Borussia Monchengladbach (H).

The Juventus game at home in a couple of weeks will be key. A must win IMO

laugh.png:lol:laugh.png

Which do you reckon is the toughest group Smokes?

Group A: PSG, Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Malmo.

Group B: PSV Eindhoven, Manchester United, CSKA Moscow, Wolfsburg.

Group C: Benfica, Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray, Astana.

Group D: Juventus, Manchester City, Sevilla, Borussia Monchengladbach.

Group E: Barcelona, Bayer Leverkusen, Roma, BATE Borisov.

Group F: Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Olympiakos, Dinamo Zagreb.

Group G: Chelsea, Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Maccabi Tel-Aviv.

Group H: Zenit, Valencia, Lyon, KAA Gent.

I think Man Utd will struggle.

The Belgian ace is close to a Β£50million-plus deal taking him from Wolfsburg to the Etihad Stadium, but is not likely to be added to the squad ahead of Saturday’s home game with Watford.

That would mean, as long as the ongoing talks hit no hitches, he joins up with Belgium during their international break and reports for City duty just ahead of the Palace game.

Not that anyone expects de Bruyne to sit on the bench for long – you do not splash out a club record fee for a player just to keep him on standby.

At the moment, it is hard to shoe-horn him into a team that has begun the season in sparkling fashion, winning three out of three, despatching Chelsea, and scoring eight goals without reply.

But the man who will feel the hot breath of competition on the back of his neck must be Jesus Navas.

The Spaniard has stepped up his game from last season, when his pace and enterprise too often ended up with a poor end-product or up a blind alley.

In a Bundesliga populated by craftsmen like Franck Ribery, Arjen Robben and Marco Reus, he equalled the league record for number of assists in a season.

His passing is top-notch, and with him, Raheem Sterling and David Silva working their magic, Sergio Aguero’s goal stats could go through the roof.

De Bruyne played most of last season in the number ten role currently occupied by Silva, and he started this season in Sterling’s left-sided position.

But he has also played on the right of an attacking midfield three, and that means he, Sterling and Silva will be pretty much interchangeable in terms of starting position.

The fact that they are interchangeable during the game, as well, will give Premier League defences kittens.

De Bruyne also has a decent goal record, with 20 in 72 appearances for Wolfsburg.

The 24-year-old has been labelled a Premier League β€œflop” after his unsuccessful spell with Chelsea, but he was much younger. Ask a Belgium fan, and he is likely to rank de Bruyne more highly than Eden Hazard.

This is his second coming in the Premier – and he has a big point to prove.

reading the pommy tabaliods againlaugh.png , lets see him do it in the E.P.L, day in day out, thats what its all about

besides he will have to fit in with the huge ego.s , capt horzontal ears and company, city will implode in due course,make no mistake about,

last season pelle, in squeaky bum time lost the dressing room due to it, not to mentioned the EPL title to boot history often repeats itself, appear a cocky lot these days, cannot wait for squeaky bumtime,

then we will see how the huge ego.s perform when its pedal to the metal

a nice afternoon to all my fans on the footy forumsmile.png

The Belgian ace is close to a Β£50million-plus deal taking him from Wolfsburg to the Etihad Stadium, but is not likely to be added to the squad ahead of Saturdays home game with Watford.

Not that anyone expects de Bruyne to sit on the bench for long you do not splash out a club record fee for a player just to keep him on standby.

His passing is top-notch, and with him, Raheem Sterling and David Silva working their magic, Sergio Agueros goal stats could go through the roof.

De Bruyne played most of last season in the number ten role currently occupied by Silva, and he started this season in Sterlings left-sided position.

The 24-year-old has been labelled a Premier League flop after his unsuccessful spell with Chelsea, but he was much younger. Ask a Belgium fan, and he is likely to rank de Bruyne more highly than Eden Hazard.

This is his second coming in the Premier and he has a big point to prove.

reading the pommy tabaliods againlaugh.png , lets see him do it in the E.P.L, day in day out, thats what its all about

besides he will have to fit in with the huge ego.s , capt horzontal ears and company, city will implode in due course,make no mistake about,

last season pelle, in squeaky bum time lost the dressing room due to it, not to mentioned the EPL title to boot history often repeats itself, appear a cocky lot these days, cannot wait for squeaky bumtime,

Hi Evan, missed you since the City v Chelsea game. Any thoughts on your loss?

Regarding this post - do they not teach you lot how to spell in Australia - like any team, there will be players with egos. I think you're trying to mention Kompany, but if you are he's never come across to me as egotistical, but if you'd mentioned say Nasri I'd be with you.

Not sure where you are getting the Pelle lost the dressing room last season, in fact if he had I'm sure he wouldn't be there now and the players you imply he lost are all playing well (for Pelle) this season. The fact is we were poor last season, barely a player can be happy with their performance last season (Silva, Aguero, Milner and Hart I thought were the only ones who performed).

Will we crumble this season? Will Chelsea etc? Too early to say, so I would recommend keeping your powder dry.

Cheers!

Regarding this post - do they not teach you lot how to spell in Australia - like any team, there will be players with egos. I think you're trying to mention Kompany, but if you are he's never come across to me as egotistical, but if you'd mentioned say Nasri I'd be with you.

Not sure where you are getting the Pelle lost the dressing room last season, in fact if he had I'm sure he wouldn't be there now and the players you imply he lost are all playing well (for Pelle) this season. The fact is we were poor last season, barely a player can be happy with their performance last season (Silva, Aguero, Milner and Hart I thought were the only ones who performed).

Will we crumble this season? Will Chelsea etc? Too early to say, so I would recommend keeping your powder dry.

Cheers!

my thoughts on our loss,was posted on the c/sea thread ,giving m/city full compliments on their super win, take a look before raising your crap

the clique when in a corner,always come out with the grammer , personal insults , stuff , just plain no fortitude posting

company was company any one with half brain, can see that

pelle lost his dressing room when capt horzontal ears and COMPANY. bottled it in squeakey bum time, plus throw in KOMPANY,S spat with a fellow player in the half time dressing room ,added more fuel to the fall out

if pepe or king carlo, been available this season, pelle would have been out on his ear

always look back on fergys thoughts which were ,# nice to be around the mix come xmas time# ,

meaning the race has just begun, front runners will bottled it, more times then not, in squeaky bum time

pelle I.M.O. is on borrowed time, just not up to it, and c/sea will relish the thoughts of coming from behind, mou the mighty one just luvs those types of challenges ,fingers and all

Edited by evenstevens

Cheers!

my thoughts on our loss,was posted on the c/sea thread ,giving m/city full compliments on their super win, take a look before raising your crap

the clique when in a corner,always come out with the grammer , personal insults , stuff , just plain no fortitude posting

pelle lost his dressing room when capt horzontal ears and COMPANY. bottled it in squeakey bum time, plus throw in KOMPANY,S spat with a fellow player in the half time dressing room ,added more fuel to the fall out

if pepe or king carlo, been available this season, pelle would have been out on his ear

always look back on fergys thoughts which were ,# nice to be around the mix come xmas time# ,

meaning the race has just begun, front runners will bottled it, more times then not, in squeaky bum time

pelle I.M.O. is on borrowed time, just not up to it, and c/sea will relish the thoughts of coming from behind, mou the mighty one just luvs those types of challenges ,fingers and all

You came on here before the Chelsea game giving us crap, it would have been the bigman thing to do to come back on here after the game to post your comments which you say you posted on the Chelsea pages; apparently not the big man then.

Sorry about the grammer (sic) comment but I honestly thought you were spelling in a unique style on purpose; apparently you're not.

You've still got me with your "capt horzontal ears and company" comment. Is Kompany 'capt horzontal ears' or 'company' or both or none? Not clear.

Think from memory that Kompany's spat was with Fernandinho. They both reckoned it was no more than 'handbags' if you're familiar with that British term.

You are probably correct about Pelle being out if Pepe wanted to join us, not so sure about Ancelotti (spelling?) as I've read reports City's management don't like his style.

I agree with you that front runners don't always come home first -Arsenal 2 seasons ago - which is why I was suggesting that YOU keep your powder dry. I'm quite sure all City fans are very happy right now but we all know we could be champions again or it could all go tits up...same for all the top teams. There are so many factors involved between now and final day for anyone to get too excited about their team's chances. The media preseason were predicting we will come 4th but now they're predicting 1st...I reckon we'll be in the top 3, hopefully 1st.

You seem to have a thing about Pelle, why? He must have some footballing intelligence to have won the Premier in his FIRST season. Be interesting if he wins it again this season and Pepe (does he really walk on water?...some seem to think so) comes available - a real dilemma for City's management then.

Mourinho and Chelsea weren't up to the challenge 2 seasons back were they, they won it last season, could be this season they do like most champions have done in the Premier years and don't retain it. Mourinho has certainly got it in him to retain the title but have your players? Time will tell.

There you go, think I've responded to most if not all your comments...your comments are a bit random though, aren't they.

Cheers!

Being reported that Bony "has suffered a left leg injury that could keep him on the sidelines for an extended period.The Ivory Coast international shared a picture of himself, below, on crutches and with a medical boot.City are yet to comment or release further details on how long the former Swansea City man could be out for."

Bit short of forwards aren't we...only two out and out forwards to get us through the season...we could do with last season's 'centre forward out on the wing' Milner ;-)

Cheers!

You came on here before the Chelsea game giving us crap, it would have been the bigman thing to do to come back on here after the game to post your comments which you say you posted on the Chelsea pages; apparently not the big man then.

Sorry about the grammer (sic) comment but I honestly thought you were spelling in a unique style on purpose; apparently you're not.

You've still got me with your "capt horzontal ears and company" comment. Is Kompany 'capt horzontal ears' or 'company' or both or none? Not clear.

Think from memory that Kompany's spat was with Fernandinho. They both reckoned it was no more than 'handbags' if you're familiar with that British term.

You are probably correct about Pelle being out if Pepe wanted to join us, not so sure about Ancelotti (spelling?) as I've read reports City's management don't like his style.

I agree with you that front runners don't always come home first -Arsenal 2 seasons ago - which is why I was suggesting that YOU keep your powder dry. I'm quite sure all City fans are very happy right now but we all know we could be champions again or it could all go tits up...same for all the top teams. There are so many factors involved between now and final day for anyone to get too excited about their team's chances. The media preseason were predicting we will come 4th but now they're predicting 1st...I reckon we'll be in the top 3, hopefully 1st.

You seem to have a thing about Pelle, why? He must have some footballing intelligence to have won the Premier in his FIRST season. Be interesting if he wins it again this season and Pepe (does he really walk on water?...some seem to think so) comes available - a real dilemma for City's management then.

Mourinho and Chelsea weren't up to the challenge 2 seasons back were they, they won it last season, could be this season they do like most champions have done in the Premier years and don't retain it. Mourinho has certainly got it in him to retain the title but have your players? Time will tell.

There you go, think I've responded to most if not all your comments...your comments are a bit random though, aren't they.

Cheers!

HOOROO!!!!!!!!!

Being reported that Bony "has suffered a left leg injury that could keep him on the sidelines for an extended period.The Ivory Coast international shared a picture of himself, below, on crutches and with a medical boot.City are yet to comment or release further details on how long the former Swansea City man could be out for."

Bit short of forwards aren't we...only two out and out forwards to get us through the season...we could do with last season's 'centre forward out on the wing' Milner ;-)

Striker Bony suffered a gashed leg in training yesterday and he is wearing a protective boot to help the injury heal. He will miss Ivory Coasts games during the international break but is expected to be fit for the trip to Crystal Palace after the two-week international.

Rony Lopes sold today.

Seems Clichy is now out for 7 weeks. Zaba, who can play leftside, out for a month. Angelino, EDS big hope on loan in NY. Let's hope this seasons new and improved Kolorov doesn't get injured (otherwise we might see Mangala throwing himself around at LB).

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Seems Clichy is now out for 7 weeks. Zaba, who can play leftside, out for a month. Angelino, EDS big hope on loan in NY. Let's hope this seasons new and improved Kolorov doesn't get injured (otherwise we might see Mangala throwing himself around at LB).

For crying out loud ! Not even playing and they're dropping like flies !facepalm.gif

So happy this morning!!!

This is the one I have been hoping for all along!!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9969854/wolfsburg-confirm-kevin-de-bruyne-will-join-manchester-city

Just watching some youtube highlights and like what I see: fast, direct, 2 footed with great vision. They're all writing that if we get him then Navas' place is under threat but he's one of Pelle's players and I reckon it's Nasri who is under threat. If we'd got de Bruyne weeks ago I wouldn't have been surprised to see Nasri in the shopwindow or offski.

So happy this morning!!!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9969854/wolfsburg-confirm-kevin-de-bruyne-will-join-manchester-city

Just watching some youtube highlights and like what I see: fast, direct, 2 footed with great vision. They're all writing that if we get him then Navas' place is under threat but he's one of Pelle's players and I reckon it's Nasri who is under threat. If we'd got de Bruyne weeks ago I wouldn't have been surprised to see Nasri in the shopwindow or offski.

I think he will come in as a direct replacement for Navas, even though I have seen him play mostly on left , he can interchange with Sterling.

I dont see Nasri as an automatic first choice anymore, but I dont think we will offload either Nasri or Navas.

I have been saying all along that De Bruyne is a definite upgrade to Navas and I think its a no brainer.

So happy this morning!!!

I think he will come in as a direct replacement for Navas, even though I have seen him play mostly on left , he can interchange with Sterling.

I dont see Nasri as an automatic first choice anymore, but I dont think we will offload either Nasri or Navas.

I have been saying all along that De Bruyne is a definite upgrade to Navas and I think its a no brainer.

Agree, I think it's a major upgrade on Navas position. As you say, good with both feet and he can also play centre and left, so in the event of missing Sterling or Silva we have cover.

I don't want to get too giddy but I'm really excited about how this squad is looking now.

• Like 2

Yep aside from Pedro most probably the best three signings(Sterling,Otamendi) have been done by City in this transfer window when he completes his move,that is until today of course i still expect some big moves over the next few days though wink.png

So happy this morning!!!

So you've paid 50m for him not to be a regular starter ?