Manchester City

mrbojangles

So will KdB start tomorrow or not. I think it depends on who starts at RB. If Sagna starts then maybe KdB will start, but if Sagna is out and Otamendi or the 18yr old Maffeo (spelling?) make a debut then I reckon Navas may continue wide right. Can see containing Bolasie without Sagna being interesting.

Bolasie is my worry too BB. Just read that Sagna is fit and so should start but there is a big blow for Silva who got a knock to his ankle and Pelle doesn't want to risk another knock.

That says to me that Kevin DB will get the start but not in the place we all thought.

Bolasie is my worry too BB. Just read that Sagna is fit and so should start but there is a big blow for Silva who got a knock to his ankle and Pelle doesn't want to risk another knock.

That says to me that Kevin DB will get the start but not in the place we all thought.

Big big blow Silva being out. I reckon he's THE most important player in our team. Hopefully Sterling and/or Nasri and/or KdB can cover.

• Like 1

I am sure I remember Bury taking City to court to get the balance of the transfer fee for Colin Bell.

Everything was better in the olden days.

No way rott. Glad to see the back of em. Think it was in 1982 with Swales as Chairman that we were so skint visiting teams had to buy their own drinks after matches. Bandages had to be reused and the scouts couldn't make telephone calls until the cheap rate began. Nah, you can keep the good ol days were they belong. In the past.

Not heard of the Colin Bell court case though. Are you sure?

Apparently United aren't happy about our academy. The RAG's have had it their own way for too long and aren't used to competition

Coaches at Manchester United considered boycotting youth level matches against Manchester City, as their relationship with their neighbours sours.

Sportsmail understands staff at Old Trafford are concerned over what they believe as an overly aggressive recruitment drive from their counterparts across the city.

While they have not submitted an official complaint to the Premier League, they are thought to have discussed the option of refusing to play against City's youth teams with a number of other clubs in the region.

Earlier this month, when the Manchester clubs' youth sections faced each other, City won every fixture apart from one, which was drawn.

In the Under 14s clash, City's youngsters triumphed 9-0, while their Under 15s began the season with a 6-0 victory over Liverpool.

United, who initially made their concerns known to City a year ago, are also thought to be unhappy with their rival's interest in a number of their own players.

Their attitude, however, is understood to have caused bemusement at City, who privately see the complaints as churlish.

They believe that the package they offer is unrivalled and are confident that they have done nothing wrong.

Since the Abu Dhabi takeover seven years ago, vast resources have been poured into ensuring their City Football Academy is one of the best in the world.

In 2014, City opened the £200m sprawling training complex where 185 youngsters are put through their paces.

Parents of children the club wish to sign are often given tours of the facility which includes classrooms, parents rooms and playrooms and activities for the brothers and sisters to use while their siblings are training.

While they are yet to see the fruits of their labour with a number of homegrown youngsters making the breakthrough to the first team, City believe they can show parents a clear pathway to the top.

They also promote a commitment to the attacking football played by Manuel Pellegrini's side at all age levels.

Another key factor in attracting youngsters is thought to be City's partnership with top Manchester school St Bede's. According to the club's last annual report they had 68 pupils at the Whalley Range school.

In 2014 the first batch of City scholars sat their GCSEs at St Bede's and the pass rate for the group was 10 points above the national average at 79%.

If youngsters are released by City they remain at the school to complete their education.

That a number of ex-United players including Robin van Persie, Phil Neville and Darren Fletcher had their children at City would seem to suggest that the club is viewed as offering a more attractive option. biggrin.png

Both United and City declined to comment on the matter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3230745/Manchester-clubs-loggerheads-youth-policy-United-concerned-City-s-recruitment-drive-overly-aggressive.html

• Like 2

Apparently United aren't happy about our academy. The RAG's have had it their own way for too long and aren't used to competition

Coaches at Manchester United considered boycotting youth level matches against Manchester City, as their relationship with their neighbours sours.

Sportsmail understands staff at Old Trafford are concerned over what they believe as an overly aggressive recruitment drive from their counterparts across the city.

While they have not submitted an official complaint to the Premier League, they are thought to have discussed the option of refusing to play against City's youth teams with a number of other clubs in the region.

Earlier this month, when the Manchester clubs' youth sections faced each other, City won every fixture apart from one, which was drawn.

In the Under 14s clash, City's youngsters triumphed 9-0, while their Under 15s began the season with a 6-0 victory over Liverpool.

United, who initially made their concerns known to City a year ago, are also thought to be unhappy with their rival's interest in a number of their own players.

Their attitude, however, is understood to have caused bemusement at City, who privately see the complaints as churlish.

They believe that the package they offer is unrivalled and are confident that they have done nothing wrong.

Since the Abu Dhabi takeover seven years ago, vast resources have been poured into ensuring their City Football Academy is one of the best in the world.

In 2014, City opened the £200m sprawling training complex where 185 youngsters are put through their paces.

Parents of children the club wish to sign are often given tours of the facility which includes classrooms, parents rooms and playrooms and activities for the brothers and sisters to use while their siblings are training.

While they are yet to see the fruits of their labour with a number of homegrown youngsters making the breakthrough to the first team, City believe they can show parents a clear pathway to the top.

They also promote a commitment to the attacking football played by Manuel Pellegrini's side at all age levels.

Another key factor in attracting youngsters is thought to be City's partnership with top Manchester school St Bede's. According to the club's last annual report they had 68 pupils at the Whalley Range school.

In 2014 the first batch of City scholars sat their GCSEs at St Bede's and the pass rate for the group was 10 points above the national average at 79%.

If youngsters are released by City they remain at the school to complete their education.

That a number of ex-United players including Robin van Persie, Phil Neville and Darren Fletcher had their children at City would seem to suggest that the club is viewed as offering a more attractive option. biggrin.png

Both United and City declined to comment on the matter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3230745/Manchester-clubs-loggerheads-youth-policy-United-concerned-City-s-recruitment-drive-overly-aggressive.html

Think ManU are forgetting how they poached Bryan Giggs. In the words of Lance-corporal Jones: "They don't like it up ' em, Mr Mainwaring."

Ps. The Daily Mail is still sat on Thailand's naughty step (can't be read).

Big big blow Silva being out. I reckon he's THE most important player in our team. Hopefully Sterling and/or Nasri and/or KdB can cover.

Couldn't make that up!!!! biggrin.png We'll all keep are fingers crossed they'll be good enough to cover!!

I am sure I remember Bury taking City to court to get the balance of the transfer fee for Colin Bell.

Wow, where did that come from. You've got to tell us more. Why post this particular comment on City, Bury and King Colin? You've got me hooked.

It has always been at the back of my mind for some reason. It was never a big deal, there were no banner headlines "City's Shame" or anything like that, it was just a mundane commercial debt collecting transaction. People were generally aware of City's financial status at the time.

I had not looked on this thread for a while and I think the post was a reaction to a slew of megabucks posts a few pages previous.

And, er, I had been out for a few pints earlier, though I am sure this had no bearing on anything.

No way rott. Glad to see the back of em. Think it was in 1982 with Swales as Chairman that we were so skint visiting teams had to buy their own drinks after matches. Bandages had to be reused and the scouts couldn't make telephone calls until the cheap rate began. Nah, you can keep the good ol days were they belong. In the past.

That was when your club had soul boj.

Ref Swales, from memory he had a TV shop (just the one?) but surely there was more substance to him than that.

That was when your club had soul boj.

Blimey rott. When was the last time you went to City?

Yep you'll have to hope the 150m worth of cover can do a job in the absence of Silva. Must be truly worrying for you all.cheesy.gif

What has money got to do with it?

I don't think there is a player in England who does or could do what Silva does. Without him we are a lesser team. I'm therefore always VERY worried when he's unavailable for us.

Couldn't make that up!!!! biggrin.png We'll all keep are fingers crossed they'll be good enough to cover!!

I posted the comment to City fans on here, not to numpties who like to come on here whose opinions I don't care about!!

Manchester City: Hart, Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Kolarov, Toure, Fernandinho, Nasri, Navas, Bony, Aguero

Subs: Caballero, Demichelis, Garcia, Otamendi, Roberts, Iheanacho

Sterling has a hammy. Looks like Pelle has changed to 442 from the 4231 which has been working so well for us. No KdB!

Just seen Mourinho saying not a fair result today and Smeichel rightly saying what game was Mourinho watching. Naismith 3 v Chelsea looked a fair result to me.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

I posted the comment to City fans on here, not to numpties who like to come on here whose opinions I don't care about!!

Bad day? Someone dogknapped your whippet?

Well that wasn't easy; fair play to Palace.

In the 4 previous games I thought every player played well but today a few didn't and nobody really stood out. Sagna, Kompany and Mangala were solid, Kolorov not so. Nasri kept going and provided the guile. Most of all I was really impressed with what I saw from KdB...great control, rarely losses the ball or misplaces a pass, he and Silva are going to have their own party.

But what about Navas' shocking opengoal miss...unbelievable.

Enjoyed seeing Pelle losing it with their manager (though not quite as good as Bobby Manc having a go at Rednose).

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Not the best of performances but overall we deserved the win. More possession, shots etc and chuffed for Iheanacho. Don't know why there was a last minute change for Sterling but coupled with missing Silva and Aguero going off, I'll take those 3 points.

If Palace continue like that, they'll be hard to beat

Well that wasn't easy; fair play to Palace.

In the 4 previous games I thought every player played well but today a few didn't and nobody really stood out. Sagna, Kompany and Mangala were solid, Kolorov not so. Nasri kept going and provided the guile. Most of all I was really impressed with what I saw from KdB...great control, rarely losses the ball or misplaces a pass, he and Silva are going to have their own party.

But what about Navas' shocking opengoal miss...unbelievable.

Enjoyed seeing Pelle losing it with their manager (though not quite as good as Bobby Manc having a go at Rednose).im a couple of seasons ago.

Agree with all of that BB. Well happy with KDB. Looks class.

I really wanted Pelle to smack Pardew, especially after what he called h

Just got electricity back after five days without to see the second half. Tough win away and happy to see those three points !

Blimey Jelly, takes me back to the late 70's early 80's in England. What are all the power cuts in Argentina about?

Hey MrB. Chronic lack of spending on infrastructure and slipshod response from underfunded utility companies. The government is all about populism and handouts but ignores problems with electricity, gas etc. In a previous apartment here I was without cooking gas for four months. And, these problems are happening in the more well to do areas of town not just in poor areas.

No matter, I'll be back in BKK the first week of November.smile.png

• Like 1

Having a VERY good day and thank you for asking. Chelsea lost and were poor again. City won again. If Liverpool win it will be a VERY VERY good day.

Aguero was scythed down just below his knee, no wonder he was injured again.

So in the end yesterday was only a VERY good day (as the very tame scousers didn't put a performance in).