Manchester City

mrbojangles

So who are these 2??

I am pretty certain, but wanted to see if any of our older Blues recognise them?

31E31DF300000578-3478151-image-m-65_1457

Peter Barnes (he's 57 and startiing to look like his Dad), and Big Joe (he's 67; saw him at the players entrance of the Etihad last season and he's really not that big).

I liked this on wiki about Joe's last coaching position - bet he twatted the annoying Bullard:

"Corrigan left his coaching role at Hull City in August 2011 after being involved in an unspecified incident with Jimmy Bullard on a pre season trip to Slovenia, the latter being sacked as a result".

I mentioned the other day Tommy Booth (age 66). Have you seen him recently? Looks amazing for his age; must be something to do with running so slowly all those years ;-)

]

Peter Barnes nice bloke

He certainly sounds it when I hear him most weeks on Blue Tuesday.

Played at the time when wingers were going out of fashion. Watched him as a teenager destroy Ray Wilkins brother (Graham) for Chelsea. Wilkins was sent off, is probably still dizzy from trying to guess Barnes shimmies, and City won 6 something (Tuert hat trick? ).

So what about the Aguero-Silva-Aguero 3rd goal on Saturday, sheer class.

If only we'd had them both fit for the majority of the season
So true, plus Kompany.

I thought Aguero was a lot like his old self Saturday. Silva seemed to have more time than anybody and back to making things happen. Vital save from Harty at 0v0. Clichy impressed me; lots of energy, couple of brilliant crosses (one 'cleared' by Bony..prat) but he's lost pace. Nacho confirmed why he should always start ahead of Bony: Nacho makes things happen and scores; Bony (after 15 seconds I couldn't think of anything positive to say about him, and there hasn't been one game where you've seen him do anything particularly decent)...but no doubt Pellegrini will persevere with Bony. Yaya showed we're always better with him than without him.Can't say I was impressed with our performance Saturday but you've got to beat what's in front of you and we were helped by Villa's 2nd half self-destruction. Impressed with the Villa fans; we know they're feeling, been there several times ourselves - big club like Villa should bounce back though (thought Pellegrini was emotionless but Garde takes it to another level).

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/best-individual-performance.318825/

Take a trip down memory lane.

Surprised how many of those performances and was at a lot of the early ones, pre-expat days.

Ali B, what a player...oh how I wish he'd joined us in his prime. Never seen a player before or since who passed the ball with such perfect pace on it.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/best-individual-performance.318825/

Take a trip down memory lane.

Surprised how many of those performances and was at a lot of the early ones, pre-expat days.

Ali B, what a player...oh how I wish he'd joined us in his prime. Never seen a player before or since who passed the ball with such perfect pace on it.

You know when you think of the cr@p players we have had in the past, there really are some who I wished could have played with players like we have now.

Benarbia

Kinkladze

Barnes/Owen

White/Lake

How many goals would the likes of Rosler scored?

So what about the Aguero-Silva-Aguero 3rd goal on Saturday, sheer class.

If only we'd had them both fit for the majority of the season
So true, plus Kompany.

I thought Aguero was a lot like his old self Saturday. Silva seemed to have more time than anybody and back to making things happen. Vital save from Harty at 0v0. Clichy impressed me; lots of energy, couple of brilliant crosses (one 'cleared' by Bony..prat) but he's lost pace. Nacho confirmed why he should always start ahead of Bony: Nacho makes things happen and scores; Bony (after 15 seconds I couldn't think of anything positive to say about him, and there hasn't been one game where you've seen him do anything particularly decent)...but no doubt Pellegrini will persevere with Bony. Yaya showed we're always better with him than without him.Can't say I was impressed with our performance Saturday but you've got to beat what's in front of you and we were helped by Villa's 2nd half self-destruction. Impressed with the Villa fans; we know they're feeling, been there several times ourselves - big club like Villa should bounce back though (thought Pellegrini was emotionless but Garde takes it to another level).

Teams that are slow and sit back are tailor made for Yaya. But I am under no illusions that against a fast pressing team, he is past it.

Bonyrolleyes.gif should be nowhere near our first team. Nacho should be playing in that formation with 2 attackers.

I thought we were very average Saturday apart from a couple of classy moves. But Villa are just dreadful.

Micah has always been a big lad, but it looks like he has been doing some Bonyrolleyes.gif like exerciseslaugh.png

If we wernt playing so bad, I would say we still had a chance of the title. We are in a better position than we were in 2012. Arsenal and Spurs tend to bottle it and Leicester, who have been the best team, are in unknown territory. All is not lost

So as summer approaches the question on everyones lips is how much oil money are Pep and City going to spend to buy another league title since doing off your own home grown players is clearly a hopeless exercise.

BB; Any idea? smile.png

Carms, ask bb a straight question and your never get an answer as his get out of answering is that your trolling biggrin.png

To be fair, he should know all about trolling.

For an Arsenal fan, he knows a fair bit of pointless trivia about Citeh

Fit-again Silva and Agüero offer reminder of Citys potency

David Silva and Sergio Agüero were back to full fitness and something like their best form against Aston Villa, which is why Manchester City won so easily. Vincent Kompany also seems to have made a full recovery, though Kevin de Bruyne was absent through injury. City have gone to some trouble and no little expense to assemble the Premier Leagues strongest squad, only to be frustrated by key players going missing at various times throughout the season. We have spent a lot of time without our most important players, Manuel Pellegrini said. When we had our best team available we won five games in a row at the start of the season. It is possible that had City not been so unlucky with injuries they would be higher in the table by now, perhaps even ahead of Leicester. That is not to take anything away from the fairytale taking place at the King Power, much less to suggest that moneybags City deserve greater success than they achieve. But it would be as well to remember, even while marvelling at the resilience being shown by Claudio Ranieri and his players, that Leicesters smallish squad has been comparatively lucky to stay injury-free for most of the season.

Paul Wilson

David Silva and Sergio Agüero were back to full fitness

That journo isn't right about Silva BB.

Silva is still having pains with his ankle and playing through it. That's why he's a bit hit and miss

Revealed: The reason behind David Silva's worrying loss of form

Manchester City Pellegrini has lifted the lid on Silva's struggles after he returned to form in the 4-0 win against Aston Villa

Manuel Pellegrini has lifted the lid on David Silva’s worrying loss of form - revealing the Spanish international has been playing through the pain barrier in a bid to keep Manchester City’s title bid alive.

The Chilean confirmed Silva is still struggling with the ankle injury that ruled him out for nine weeks before Christmas.

Full story:-http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-david-silva-struggles-form-10996841

• Like 1

Silva is still having pains with his ankle and playing through it. That's why he's a bit hit and miss

Manchester City Pellegrini has lifted the lid on Silva's struggles after he returned to form in the 4-0 win against Aston Villa

Manuel Pellegrini has lifted the lid on David Silva’s worrying loss of form - revealing the Spanish international has been playing through the pain barrier in a bid to keep Manchester City’s title bid alive.

The Chilean confirmed Silva is still struggling with the ankle injury that ruled him out for nine weeks before Christmas.

Full story:-http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-david-silva-struggles-form-10996841

Fark me ! another excuse biggrin.png

Correct.

Which is why I was astounded he played midweek against Liverpool.

His ankle was in ice after the cup final. He should never have played midweek. He wasnt even close to the pace of the game and his passing was all over the place. This is why Pelle frustrates me so much!!

Nothing is won or lost yet Mystic Jack but overconfidence after beating that lot at the weekend is rather amusing to us. wink.png

Do me a favour..... Read my post again

Then read your post again.

Then tell me what you are going on about?????????//blink.png

In fact smokes I cant hold myself back................... This is what I said

I thought we were very average Saturday apart from a couple of classy moves. But Villa are just dreadful.

And I also said

If we wernt playing so bad, I would say we still had a chance of the title.

So how does that translate into

Nothing is won or lost yet Mystic Jack but overconfidence after beating that lot at the weekend is rather amusing to us

So please give me a clue??

Edited by JacknDanny