Manchester City

mrbojangles

Sterling was never 50 million good was he!

Liverpool did very well out of the deal, not worth 30 mil in my eyes.

Hark at how the profligate do calleth the kettle overspent!

• Like 1

I think Liverpool did very well out of the deal so I don't know why there's the bitterness (I do actually). Sterling for me is overvalued and over rated. He doesn't look a natural footballer to me; doesn't do the basics well, can't kill a ball first time, can't strike a ball cleanly. KdB looks like good value to me. Nacho is a potential diamond to be polished.

^Nev, I meant bitterness from Liverpool fans to Sterling leaving, not bitterness from you. I also agree with you.

We've done this one before BB; agent, the lad's engineering of the move and yada yada yada. We've moved on from this, the booing is largely to put him off his game, it seems to work every time.

I said he was one dimensional. If you could imagine him without pace, would he still be playing at this level?

^Nev, I meant bitterness from Liverpool fans to Sterling leaving, not bitterness from you. I also agree with you.

We've done this one before BB; agent, the lad's engineering of the move and yada yada yada. We've moved on from this, the booing is largely to put him off his game, it seems to work every time.

I said he was one dimensional. If you could imagine him without pace, would he still be playing at this level?

And he doesn't use that blinding pace as often as he should. Still a young, tentative footballer, despite his talent, who needs a lotta work.

• Like 1

Pleased to hear you guys have moved on.

Without pace, Sterling (and Navas) have nothing.

• Like 1

Sterling is way better than Navas right now.

And he is also only 21.

Did we overpay for him? Of course we did, because he is young and English.

We absolutely havent seen the best of him and I think he will be a star in the years to come.

So you think Sterling only has pace??

He cant cross the ball? He cant pass? He doesnt score goals??

You must be watching a different guy. There was a few games when he and Kolarov got a very good understanding until Kolarov suddenly started believing in himself as the new Messi and got dropped.

He hasnt played particularly well, but to compare him like to like with Navas is just plain daft.

I should bookmark those comments and remind you in a year or two BB!!

Sterling is way better than Navas right now.

And he is also only 21.

Did we overpay for him? Of course we did, because he is young and English.

We absolutely havent seen the best of him and I think he will be a star in the years to come.

Agreed.

Correct.

We did.

I'm very much 50/50 on that one.

So you think Sterling only has pace??

He cant cross the ball? He cant pass? He doesnt score goals??

You must be watching a different guy. There was a few games when he and Kolarov got a very good understanding until Kolarov suddenly started believing in himself as the new Messi and got dropped.

He hasnt played particularly well, but to compare him like to like with Navas is just plain daft.

I should bookmark those comments and remind you in a year or two BB!!

He has mainly pace. I don't see him as a no.10 only as a wide player cutting in..

Average at crossing - both Clichy and definitely Kolorov cross better from the left.

Average at passing. His first touch is poor, often looks like he hasn't got it undrr control, he's not good with a defender at his back and needs to be attacking defenders, the fact that he's so lightweight means he gets knocked off the ball, his finishing can be erratic (he seriously needs to improve those things)

Scored goals: 23 in 129 for Liverpool, 11 in 39 for City, 34 in 168 career games.

He has his good games (Sevilla away on fire; Liverpool v City game he put Kompany and hart on their bums), he has games when doesn't contribute.

I compared his PACE to Navas - you don't agree?

He has a lot to prove.

Personally I'd rather start Nacho than Sterling; one looks a natural footballer.

Please bookmark my comments by all means, after all I would LOVE IT if I'm wrong on sterling.

Ps. I try to be big enough to state what i see, tell it as it is with honesty, there's no point looking at it through 'rose tinted glasses'.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

BB, I am not getting into an arguement with you, we all have our opinions, but I have to pull you up................

You did not "compare his pace to Navas"

You said...........

"Without pace, Sterling (and Navas) have nothing"

Thats not the same thing.

And if you think that Clichys and Kolarovs delivery from the left is better than Sterlings, then we are singing from a completely different hymn sheet, or you are seeing different things I am

Not through rose tinted specs. I didnt really want us to buy Sterling, but I do think he has huge potential

And you cannot play Nacho instead of Sterling, they are totally different players.

Edited by JacknDanny

Er, sounds like you're trying to pull me up (Alfie-like) on making a 'short brief as possible' response to BangrakBob, where it wasn't necessary to write as much of my opinion as I did in my response to you, and yes we are stating our opinions, and opinions between fans of the same club or in the same family do not always agree and often differ, which is my main reason for coming on here: state my opinions and read those of others.

Pull you up? Alfie-like?

Behave BB.

If you come on and make a dumb comment ( whether you meant it or not), then I will defend my views.

I objected to your comment that.............." Without pace, Sterling offers nothing else" (paraphrased)

That is simply not true.

He may not have been at his best, but that comment beggars belief.

So much truth in this I spat out some froth...COYS!

Pull you up? Alfie-like?

Behave BB.

If you come on and make a dumb comment ( whether you meant it or not), then I will defend my views.

I objected to your comment that.............." Without pace, Sterling offers nothing else" (paraphrased)

That is simply not true.

He may not have been at his best, but that comment beggars belief.

"Behave". "Dumb comment". Why? Because I don't view something as you do. Each to their own is fair enough, isn't it.

Must admit, my brother in-law and me are in constant verbals over Sterling

Which one you rates him?

For me, though he blows hot and cold he's worth persevering with, and we'll have to see what Pep makes of him and how he uses him. While he's got his pace he has a chance of making it, once he gets to that age when he staets to lose his pace he will tail off. He has a lot to learn so I remain 50/50 on whether he make it with City or anybody else to be a really top player or whether he'll remain a decent player on his day.

Must admit, my brother in-law and me are in constant verbals over Sterling

Which one you rates him?

For me, though he blows hot and cold he's worth persevering with, and we'll have to see what Pep makes of him and how he uses him. While he's got his pace he has a chance of making it, once he gets to that age when he staets to lose his pace he will tail off. He has a lot to learn so I remain 50/50 on whether he make it with City or anybody else to be a really top player or whether he'll remain a decent player on his day.

My BiL doesn't give him any credit at all. He didn't like him before he came and he doesn't now. It would take Sterling to score a hat trick every game from now till the end of the season before he'd warm to him.

Do I think we over paid for him....yep by a mile but I reckon, nay hope, he'll turn out to be a great player with a bit more maturity.

Another late night tomorrow.

Pleased to see Yaya back - badly missed vs Liverpool and more so vs Norwich - Delph, for his energy, and Mangala.

Blues now have just two injury absentees Kevin De Bruyne and Samir Nasri.

Manu Garcia and Kelechi Iheanacho who have both become regular first-team squad members in any case were the only two youngsters who trained with the group this morning.

Please don't start with Bony again - though he just might. Pellegrini will no doubt try to win on the night, a more canny manager would make sure first we don't concede.

So much truth in this I spat out some froth...COYS!

Who is 50 mill good for ny furker in the prem never mind united??

santi do you think Martial is shiters?

Another late night tomorrow.

Pleased to see Yaya back - badly missed vs Liverpool and more so vs Norwich - Delph, for his energy, and Mangala.

Blues now have just two injury absentees Kevin De Bruyne and Samir Nasri.

Manu Garcia and Kelechi Iheanacho who have both become regular first-team squad members in any case were the only two youngsters who trained with the group this morning.

Please don't start with Bony again - though he just might. Pellegrini will no doubt try to win on the night, a more canny manager would make sure first we don't concede.

late night? whats going on matey?