Manchester City

mrbojangles

45minutes of utter rubbish,and that was not all,the first 25 listing to the commentary about the history of every player who came into contact with play,had me switching the sound off,then after 45 the game aswell.listening to kevin keegan summing up i thought for a minute i was talking to myself.

as for the result i dont want to know. and that is coming from a neutral.

you poor fans that had to pay to watch that lot.

Must admit, my brother in-law and me are in constant verbals over Sterling

Sterlings a very good player. Problem for him is people judging on the back of an artificially high transfer fee. If he'd sold for 20m i doubt he'd get half the stick he does.

45minutes of utter rubbish,and that was not all,the first 25 listing to the commentary about the history of every player who came into contact with play,had me switching the sound off,then after 45 the game aswell.listening to kevin keegan summing up i thought for a minute i was talking to myself.

as for the result i dont want to know. and that is coming from a neutral.

you poor fans that had to pay to watch that lot.

Yeah it wasn't good but onwards we go

Sterlings a very good player. Problem for him is people judging on the back of an artificially high transfer fee. If he'd sold for 20m i doubt he'd get half the stick he does.

Apart from the scousers. They'd have given him grief no matter what

well the agitating for a move and having his gobsh*te agent badmouthing the club in the press were a bit of a factor like boj.

Can't say i blame them. We had to put up with similar antics from Modric and Bale and it leaves a bitter taste

I think that is probably a fair player for most players tranferred: everybody considers performance vs cost = value.

I landed in Barcelona last week and didn't have the game offered on my cable set up here. Lucky again. Any report yet on Otamendi ?

But I did have Atletico Madrid vs. PSV available. The most entertaining back and forth 0-0 I've ever seen followed by an incredible PK shoot out.

I think that is probably a fair player for most players tranferred: everybody considers performance vs cost = value.

Note to self, wear glasses when typing.

What I was trying to say was, I think that is probably a fair comment for most players tranferred: everybody considers performance vs cost = value.

Pleased to see we played with not conceding being primary importance and as opposed to winning the leg. Bit of a bore draw. Seemed to be lots of players going down injured. I've never heard such a loud groan as when Kompany pulled up lame after 4 minutes. Pleased with the performances of Zaba, Demi (looked assured), Fernandinho, Fernando (seems a better player in europe), Clichy (seems our form player of late) and I really enjoyed watching Yaya last night on the ball bullying again.

Let's hope for Kompany and Otamendi to recover quickly (lucky ManU) and a decent draw.

Let's hope for Kompany and Otamendi to recover quickly (lucky ManU) and a decent draw.

Apparently Otamendi's injury was a knock and he should be ok for the weekend. It doesn't look good for the rest of the season for Kompany though. I reckon Pep won't trust his fitness levels and will be buying at least 2 or 3 defenders.

Well, I have given myself time to dwell on the matter of last night.

It was pure unadulterated sh!te.

I saw absolutely nothing to be pleased or proud about. Accepted we are in the next round, but I hate seeing us play like this.

I have no doubt we are going steadily backwards under Pellegrini.

I dread us playing Barca or Bayern in the next round. It will be an embarrassment.

Come to think of it Wolfsburg or Benfica would embarrass us.

Again no kids on the park, I think only one on the bench. 3-1 up after the first leg...maybe I am expecting too much, but surely it would have made sense to play a couple of youngsters. Hold Aguero and Silva back for the weekend, and play Nacho and Manu.

I am actually getting bored watching the same cr@p week in and week out. Not even slightly entertaining.

Pleased to see we played with not conceding being primary importance and as opposed to winning the leg. Bit of a bore draw. Seemed to be lots of players going down injured. I've never heard such a loud groan as when Kompany pulled up lame after 4 minutes. Pleased with the performances of Zaba, Demi (looked assured), Fernandinho, Fernando (seems a better player in europe), Clichy (seems our form player of late) and I really enjoyed watching Yaya last night on the ball bullying again.

Admittedly I was continually falling asleep, so maybe I shouldnt comment. But from what I saw it was nothing like that.(maybe I missed something)

Demichelis and Mangala is like keystone cops.

Decent draw?? In all honesty I have seen nothing in recent weeks (maybe all season bar a couple of games) that gives me even a tiny bit of confidence against ANY of the teams left.

Maybe hope for Benfica or Wolfsburg and get away with a 2-0 loss.

Can you imagine playing like we did last night V Barcelona??? It would have been double digits and that is no exaggeration!!

Not enjoying this City team play one little bit.

Bobby Manc was hounded out of town. His team, although not performing, were playing a million times better than this lot.

And all I see is an immobile Pellegrini on the sidelines, with the same old faces on the bench, trying nothing new.

I saw absolutely nothing to be pleased or proud about. Accepted we are in the next round, but I hate seeing us play like this.

I dread us playing Barca or Bayern in the next round. It will be an embarrassment.

Again no kids on the park, I think only one on the bench. 3-1 up after the first leg...maybe I am expecting too much, but surely it would have made sense to play a couple of youngsters. Hold Aguero and Silva back for the weekend, and play Nacho and Manu.

I am actually getting bored watching the same cr@p week in and week out. Not even slightly entertaining.

I can't remember watching you play any great football ever I must say.

I nearly bit there, but then remembered......... 1) Its smokie

2) Its after midnight

3)Bladdered

I've said several times this season were going backwards and also that this current team doesn't compare with the 2012 team. Break it down in to compartments (forwards..midfield..defence) and see for yourself. Fullbacks are basically the same (Sagna for Richards) but are older and injured more. Kompany and Lescott were better than the current knackered Kompany and A.N.Other. Barry has never been replaced, Yaya has lost of his mojo, Silva seems permanently injured, DeJong better than Fernando. KdB IS an improvement on Johnson but Aguero, Bony and Nacho compared to Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli and Dzeko.

2) Its after midnight

3)Bladdered

But BB...I'm in the UK right now.

OK I admit to three or four bottles of Punk IPA. :P

2) Its after midnight

3)Bladdered

But BB...I'm in the UK right now.

OK I admit to three or four bottles of Punk IPA. :P

Edit: Oops it was Mystic Jack. I'm away to count sheep on the Arsenal Forum....

Question for you City fans,reading the doom and gloom on this page about going backwards...............this time next year with your new manager in place what will be acceptable progress?

Are you prepared to give him time to adjust to Premiership football or will you be expecting almost instant results?

What would constitute failure in your opinion(s) under Guardiola,s management?

You have appointed what many to believe is the best coach in the business so it will be interesting to read your replies.

Serious question thumbsup.gif

Question for you City fans,reading the doom and gloom on this page about going backwards...............this time next year with your new manager in place what will be acceptable progress?

Are you prepared to give him time to adjust to Premiership football or will you be expecting almost instant results?

You have appointed what many to believe is the best coach in the business so it will be interesting to read your replies.

i think you will have to see who he signs before you can get a sensible answer to that.

Example, Pogba's name still being mooted with City. He would instantly transform the midfield. I also don't believe Pep will be prepared to rely on the fitness of Kompany, Silva, or Aguero and will bring in better than existing back ups.

its also unlikely he'll be wanting to bake a cake and sing happy birthday to Yaya next season

i think you will have to see who he signs before you can get a sensible answer to that.

Example, Pogba's name still being mooted with City. He would instantly transform the midfield. I also don't believe Pep will be prepared to rely on the fitness of Kompany, Silva, or Aguero and will bring in better than existing back ups.

its also unlikely he'll be wanting to bake a cake and sing happy birthday to Yaya next season

Serious answer. I would expect no less from Pep as has been expected from Pellegrini last and this season, which is, win the Premier, maybe a domestic cup and progression in the CL (I do not expect us to win it with our current squad).