Manchester City

mrbojangles

Very happy with that performance last night. Nervy at times but carried out the game plan extremely well. Let PSG have possession in their own half and pressed them hard when they got into our half. Shame Sergio missed the penalty as that would have taken the heat off a bit but KdB's goal was class and typical of him. Boy did we miss him for 10 weeks and our position in the league could have been much better if we'd had him playing for those 10 weeks.

Not getting too giddy though and both feet are firmly on the ground. Whoever we get in the next round will be extremely tough.

Probably the end of the road but to hear the CL tune in the semis and have a go is awesome enough.

Enjoy it!

as a neutral what do i watch tomorrow morning, MC V PSG,OR RM V WOLV.

man.c has got to TRY and put that bloke whats his name zlatan ibo.out of the game. he is not goner miss as many chances as he had in the first leg.

RM to turn it on so hopefully we might see a MC VS RM FINAL.

you know there's 4 other teams still left in it right? including barcelona and bayern munich and atletico madrid?

ATM VS RM AND BENF VS MANC. SEMI'S.

3 out of 4 not bad.i thought atm.played well,but if it had been the old fifa mob they would want 2 spanish teams in the final.

so its [hope] MAN C V BAYERN.and RM V ATM that would be one hell of a scrap. but there's no COSTA.

I think your best chance of progression would be against RM.

Tough call, but I know who I don't want and that's Atletico Madrid. I fear their pressure defense all over the pitch would eat City alive.

City's global network widens.

Dutch second-tier club NAC Breda have announced a link-up with Manchester City.The partnership will run for five seasons and the agreement has been reached after initial contact was made in January 2015 by NAC's former coach Robert Maaskant.

As a result of the deal NAC, who are coached by former Brentford boss Marinus Dijkhuizen, will now have the opportunity to take players on loan from Manchester City and share scouting and coaching knowledge.

City V Real Madrid

First leg at the Etihad

My favorite club versus one of my most hated. Ah the glory if we can knock them out !!

At this stage it doesn't matter who you get as they are all really tough but would have liked the away leg to be first

• Like 1

City V Real Madrid

First leg at the Etihad

Ronaldooooooo!!! tongue.png

You need to let it go red so you can get some closure.

Now say this 10 times:- "Ronaldo doesn't play for United anymore, he left us years ago" biggrin.png

Bale can have a look around before his move to Manchester in the summer.

• Like 1

Man City and Liverpool have helped tighten Premier League's grip on fourth Champions League spot

Manchester City and Liverpool's success in Europe means England have a tighter grip on the fourth Champions League spot for the 2018/19 campaign.

Their fourth-place spot, based on UEFA association coefficients, was in danger of being lost for the 2017/18 season before Juventus' Champions League round-of-16 exit at the hands of Bayern Munich last month, but that has been secured. A poor performance in Europe next season could still be detrimental for the 2018/19 season if Italian sides are successful, but the gap over Italy has been stretched in recent months.

In December, after Manchester United's exit from the Champions League at the group stage, England's overall lead over Italy was just 3.054.

But that lead has now been stretched to 4.845 following Manchester City and Liverpool's progress in Europe, as well as Juventus and Lazio's exit at the round of 16 stage of the Champions League and Europa League respectively.

Manchester City reached the last four of the Champions League with a 3-2 aggregate victory over Paris St-Germain while Liverpool beat Borussia Dortmund 5-4 in a thrilling Europa League quarter-final.

The coefficient is calculated by working out an average score for the country, which is gained by dividing the number of 'points' obtained by the total number of clubs representing a country. England have eight clubs this season; Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Southampton and West Ham.

That resulting number is then added to the results of the previous four seasons to calculate the coefficient, making a five-year run. The total of those five years is the decisive number, with England's currently standing at 75.284 and Italy's at 70.439 (4.845 difference).

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11945/10242555/premier-league-tighten-grip-on-fourth-champions-league-spot-with-success-of-man-city-and-liverpool

City V Real Madrid

First leg at the Etihad

Now say this 10 times:- "Ronaldo doesn't play for United anymore, he left us years ago" biggrin.png

Jeez i was just saying Ronaldo will be back in town and would really love to turn you lot over biggrin.png Madrid final i think tongue.png

City V Real Madrid

First leg at the Etihad

He'll fit in well at Old Trafford. Pink speedos and hair bun sporting poofter.gigglem.gif

"Why BT Sports Coverage Of Manchester City Is A Spiteful Disgrace"

"...I am 41 year old so barring our post-Heysel ban in the eighties I can recall watching British sides in Europe on the box for over three decades. I am therefore attuned to how these games are covered. Bags of patriotism and positivity and celebration with the television network assuming that the majority of viewers will be urging on the domestic side. We see this partisanship in every other sport too: the British boxer, the British Olympian, the British anyone unashamedly lauded to the rafters in their efforts against foreign opposition.

So watching my club [MCFC] take on the best of Europe on television these past few seasons has been a very strange experience indeed. It feels like youve arrived late to a fantastic party youve heard others witter excitedly about only to find a bunch of hungover middle-aged men glaring at you for trailing dogshit through the house..."

http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2016/04/why-bt-sports-coverage-of-manchester-city-is-a-spiteful-disgrace/

More like it.

Best we have played for some time!!

I think Nasri has been excellent since his return, pity he got injured again!!

KDB is something else and I thought Yaya actually played very well yesterday.

Funniest thing was Zaba throwing a strop after being rescued from a red by being subbedlaugh.png

Still think our 2 CBs can be too rash in challenges, though to be fair they coped well yesterday.

Excellent all round performance against Chelsea. Pressed hard and with some wonderful defence splitting passes by Yaya and DeBruyne on the counter attack. What a difference the team looks with some of those players back from injury.

Yeah massive difference isnt it what injuries does to the team over a season smile.png

Manuel Pellegrini

P160 W100 D23 L37

Win percentage 62.50%.

Aguero's hat-trick takes him up to eighth in the list of City's all-time top scorers with 133 goals in al competitions, above 1930s hero Fred Tilson and Billy Gillspie, who starred in the Blues' first trophy-winning team over a century ago. In double-quick time Kun has logged 99 Premier League goals in 145 appearances.

After slow starts in both halves, I enjoyed our performance. Early doors I was convinced our skittish defence would concede to Chelsea but the longer it went on the better we got. Lethal on the counter. Thought everybody again put in a performance though I wasn't too happy with otamendi always going to ground and Zaba struggled.

I have never ever seen any player out with a serious injury for several months come back in with minimum 8/10 performances and be so good: KdB, footballer. He's been better in this short period than at any time this season. A joy to watch.

Also very pleasing to see Nasri come back from a serious injury and a long poor period of form to look like a player he was in the Mancini championship season.

Mangala's been in good form in the past few weeks: no silliness, just simple strong defending.

Been a good week!

Sergio Aguero a victim of parochialism and timing when it comes to voting for PFA Player of the Year

http://m.thenational.ae/sport/english-premier-league/sergio-aguero-a-victim-of-parochialism-and-timing-when-it-comes-to-voting-for-pfa-player-of-the-year

Every year he misses out on getting voted through one reason or another and yet most if not all teams would choose to have him at their club above anyone else

Sergio Aguero a victim of parochialism and timing when it comes to voting for PFA Player of the Year

http://m.thenational.ae/sport/english-premier-league/sergio-aguero-a-victim-of-parochialism-and-timing-when-it-comes-to-voting-for-pfa-player-of-the-year

Every year he misses out on getting voted through one reason or another and yet most if not all teams would choose to have him at their club above anyone else

It really is a strange one isn't it.