Manchester City

mrbojangles

Just watched Arsenal v City Youth Cup Semi Final at Emirates 2-2 - so City progress 3-4

Good game of football, I like that 16 year old City player Diaz, very slick.

I believe they paid 200K for him from Malaga when he was 14.

Seems to have a bright future if he continues like this.

Would have loved to watch that.

Emerging victorious and 4-3 on aggregate, the young Blues are now unbeaten in 13 games a run that stretches back to early December. They will now face a two-leg final against the winners of this weeks other semi-final tie, between Chelsea and Blackburn Rovers.

Manchester City: 1 Daniel Grimshaw; 5 Charles Oliver, 2 Cameron Humphreys, 3 Tosin Adarabioyo (captain), 4 Ahogrenashime Kigbu; 6 Jacob Davenport, 8 Rodney Kongolo; 11 Brahim Diaz, 10 Manuel Garcia Alonso, 9 Lukas Nmecha; 7 Aaron Nemane.Subs: 16 Javairo Dilrosun for Alonso 65, 12 Joel Latibeaudiere for Kigbu (65), 14 Marcus Wood for Davenport (85)Subs not used: 13 Christian Kjetil Haug, 15 Paolo Fernandes Cantin.Goals: Diaz (17), Kongolo (32)Manager: Jason Wilcox

That's an exotic name, Grimshaw ;-)

Man City's 40,000 season ticket holders will not be asked to pay extra next season. City will freeze season ticket prices for 2016/2017 campaign.

Good to hear BB

And anyone buying a season ticket before the end of April can do so online on Ebay UK with a 10% discount........ PLUS if paying with Paypal you will get a signed photo of the two Premiership trophies that you have won thumbsup.gif

BJ

He,s never been the same lad since you forgot his birthday cake a couple of seasons back...........oops cheesy.gif

p.s.wishing you good luck against PSG thumbsup.gif

you,ll bloody well need it.

The goals...kdb at 1.20min

https://youtu.be/lh2i_mPgCmc

All 4 were good

Not as good as Kane's goal. biggrin.png

I think football fans breakdown in to categories when judging best goals, properly why I rarely agree with goal of the month; some love a blaster, some love a piece of skill. Kane's was a good goal, a typical Kane maybe, but the teamwork and execution for KdBs goal made it a bit special.

All 4 were good

I think football fans breakdown in to categories when judging best goals, properly why I rarely agree with goal of the month; some love a blaster, some love a piece of skill. Kane's was a good goal, a typical Kane maybe, but the teamwork and execution for KdBs goal made it a bit special.

Take off your blue tinted glasses and view it objectively thumbsup.gif

All 4 were good

Take off your blue tinted glasses and view it objectively thumbsup.gif

That's exactly how I viewed, objectively. From your comment you didn't rate it as a goal or have you got your red-tinted glasses on?

Fantastic resilience, 2 away goals , get in City.

Mates of mine at the match, been posting on this new Facebook live thingy, been getting snippets on the plane, in the pubs singing away and now in the ground, mint that is. thumbsup.gif

You'd take a Desmond here!

Edited by BangrakBob

Very good result for City given they were awful most of the game. I'll leave my rant about how poor we looked for another time. Its all been said before. I'll be happy tomorrow that we're heading home with a draw and two away goals.smile.png

Great result that but Hart needs to sort his head out starting to make regular mistakes should never of give that pass to the defender.

Still i think you deserved coming away with the goals.

+1 thumbsup.gif good result...........lets hope though you take your eyes off the boil and United sneak in for that 4th place clap2.gif

The boil?

blink.png

But yes, I wouldn't mind facing Manchester Dhabi after a gruelling semi final second leg with extra time and penalties.

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog

Enjoyed the game...great game for the neutral.

Excellent KdB goal...if you want anybody to receive the ball in the position, it's KbB. Stupid goal to give away by Fernando...shame as I thought he and Fernandinho were excellent. I thought PSGs 2nd goal was offside...the swede was in an offside position with his foot up very close to Hart, most likely affected Hart but awful punch by Hart. At that point I thought were going to be swamped but we fought back well and finished the game very well. Decent penalty save. Shame for us David Luis was booked (2 PSG players were suspended for the 2nd leg) and out of the 2nd leg.

Both teams look better attacking than defending. Actually I didn't think we played badly, I was happy with our performance, as we seem to be doing in europe this season we seem happy to concede possession and play on the counter.

Love seeing KdB back, a footballer, the first signing since Silva, Tevez and Ageuro to excite me.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

If you'd have asked me before the game what I wanted, a draw would have been the most I could have hoped for. So, yeah good game for the neutral but I feel we threw it and could have gotten more out of that.

Hart at fault for the penalty, as he should have caught the ball instead of punching it a few seconds earlier but excellent penalty save. I don't remember Hart punching the ball this much in the past but he needs to stop it and catch when it when he can. Both Hart and Fernando at fault for their first goal. Their second was a deffo off-side but the linesman was missing off-sides all night. And what those officials do on the goal line I have no clue.

Enjoyed the game...great game for the neutral.

Excellent KdB goal...if you want anybody to receive the ball in the position, it's KbB. Stupid goal to give away by Fernando...shame as I thought he and Fernandinho were excellent. I thought PSGs 2nd goal was offside...the swede was in an offside position with his foot up very close to Hart, most likely affected Hart but awful punch by Hart. At that point I thought were going to be swamped but we fought back well and finished the game very well. Decent penalty save. Shame for us David Luis was booked (2 PSG players were suspended for the 2nd leg) and out of the 2nd leg.

Both teams look better attacking than defending. Actually I didn't think we played badly, I was happy with our performance, as we seem to be doing in europe this season we seem happy to concede possession and play on the counter.

Love seeing KdB back, a footballer, the first signing since Silva, Tevez and Ageuro to excite me.

I'm happy with the result but here's my Jack&Danny like take on the game:

We conceded possession because we couldn't string more than two consecutive passes together. We struggled with PSG's pressure on the ball. I was thrilled whenever we got the ball out of our own half. Our Arsenal throwaway fullbacks were mediocre as usual. I'm convinced that Mangala and Bony were somehow separated at birth. How can Fernando fall asleep like that in a CL match ? Save for one fortunate break away that we capitalized on with KDB's great goal we rarely threatened. Aguero got poor service and precious few touches. We were essentially overrun in midfield. Navas was shit as usual.

Matudi and Luiz suspended for the return leg. I'm not so sure but that Luiz's absence helps PSG, though he remains an excellent diver.

I'd rather not be so critical but that was the game I saw.

Holders Chelsea saw off Blackburn to reach the final of the FA Youth Cup for the fifth consecutive season. They stormed to a 3-1 second-leg victory at Stamford Bridge, winning the semi-final 4-1 on aggregate.

Chelsea will now face Manchester City over two legs in a REPEAT of last seasons final (Chelsea won 5v2 agg). They will be away in the first leg.

Never has a song been more apt than bluemoon, bluemoon you saw me standing alone, of course we did they stand out between the empty blue seats, and apparently Manchester is blue 5555

Edited by nev

Never has a song been more apt than bluemoon, bluemoon you saw me standing alone, of course we did they stand out between the empty blue seats, and apparently Manchester is blue 5555

Whats up with you nev? Just realised your season is done. 4th is a distant dream .

We had almost 54000 there. The capacity is 55k.

It was absolutely p!ssing it down all game, terrible weather. Kicked off same time as Grand National. I dont think that falling a thousand short of full capacity is enough to allow you to poke your head above the parapet. Its akin to you throwing stones at a group of marksmen lining you up with red dotslaugh.png

Lets see what mood you are in later tonightwhistling.gifwhistling.gif