Manchester City

mrbojangles

Maybe you answer and ask reciprocally PeterMik as a ManU fan what will be acceptable progress for them next season regardless of who their manager is.

Acceptable is simply this, just play attractive entertaining football and the rewards will follow thumbsup.gif

Thanks for answering but playing attractive entertaining football doesnot mean trophies will follow.

Guys, dress it up how you like, but Pellegrini's services have been terminated several months before the end of the season which is most unusual and the one year extension beyond this season has effectively been terminated. Sorry but I don't see why you're getting all bothered about Chicogs comment and I repeat im pretty sure we all know what his comment meant: if any of you in your jobs are told you won't be around next year and you'll be replaced in the summer, unless you're not normal, your performance level and attitude is going to be affected...that seems to be the case with City (Pellegrini and players combined). Ok.

City fans considering protests.

Manchester City are increasing their match ticket prices for the forthcoming Champions League game V PSG.

For a club used as a toy by an oil rich Sheik it seems loyalty to the supporters is non existent thumbsup.gif

I don't think you can continually use the ownership here. City is a business to make profits. I don't agree with them putting the prices up but the fans can't have it both ways as the club discount tickets for certain games (sure the kiev home game had reduced prices and a fiver for a kid).

Manchester City are increasing their match ticket prices for the forthcoming Champions League game V PSG.

For a club used as a toy by an oil rich Sheik it seems loyalty to the supporters is non existent thumbsup.gif

I don't think you can continually use the ownership here. City is a business to make profits. I don't agree with them putting the prices up but the fans can't have it both ways as the club discount tickets for certain games (sure the kiev home game had reduced prices and a fiver for a kid).

Plus the oil price is in the toilet and Shaikh Yerbooty has bills to pay you know.

• Like 2

Didn't think the ManU fans covered themselves in glory after the game. Their forum has been virtually deserted this season and up they all pop on here. In victory enjoy it but be humble. Like City fans, they shouldn't get too carried away, as both teams are currently poor.

just done a little bit of sick in my mouth here.

• Like 1

Putting prices up really,, and actually fans could and arguably should have it 'both ways' one report. BBC think it was reckoned that with the extra money coming to the.prem clubs could give free entry next season and still be in virtually The same financial position as they are now. :angry:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I cant work you out BB!!

I see you on here continually complaining about how much it costs you and you family to go and watch City, yet you come on saying "City is a business to make profits"!! Its like your opinions flip flop from day to day, week to week!!

I will go on record as saying I am extremely proud of our owners who have done tremendous things for our club and the area. This price increase is not one of them!!

Lets say its 55000 capacity X 20 quid increase ( in reality the figures are a LOT lower than that), thats just over a million quid. Or in more subtle terms, Yayas wages for a month!!!!

Its ridiculous. The club dont need the money, they didnt need to increase the prices. Huge faux pas. If anything they could have given the fans something back,ts a midweek game...reduce the prices and have the ground rocking.

Yes City are a business, but making an extra mill out of the fans is not what I expect when we are doing billion dollar sponsor deals and the like world-wide. Its ridiculous.

Probably the fault of some pen pushing jobsworth!!

• Like 2

Maybe you answer and ask reciprocally PeterMik as a ManU fan what will be acceptable progress for them next season regardless of who their manager is.

Acceptable is simply this, just play attractive entertaining football and the rewards will follow thumbsup.gif

Thanks for answering but playing attractive entertaining football doesnot mean trophies will follow.

Never said anything about winning trophies sad.png

you presume too much whistling.gif

Interesting Stat fernandino at 30 in may was the 3 rd youngest player city fielded at the weekend. Dread to think how much the incoming

manager is gonna have to spend to introduce the pacy Intense pressing game he likes.

^JnD post:

Don't bother trying work me out mate, and keep try to find fault with my posts if you like (you seem to like), but you seem to have stopped reading my post at "City is a business to make profits". And no my opinions no more flip flop from week to week than yours, and I'm very happy and pleased with our owners and City's progress since 2008. Your beginning to remind me of 1 Liverpool and 2 Spurs fans on here trying pick me up continually on what I post, we won't always agree but how about leaving the constant digs will ya. Cheers.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

He isnt getting a pay off cheque. He is completing his original contract and will be available to get employ elsewhere

So why does your club's website say his contract was extended to 2017?

Not to 2016 "with an option". From AUGUST 2015:

Manuel Pellegrini signed a one-year contract extension with Manchester City on Friday and insisted if the club wanted Pep Guardiola they would have told him.

Pellegrini’s new deal ties him to the club until 2017, with his previous contract having been due to expire at the end of this season.

cheesy.gif

Is reading too difficult for you? Or can you just not be bothered. The contract extension was signed in August 2015, but was to run from end of 2016 to 2017.

"We extended the contract one year more but with the clause that one of the club or me may not use that extended contract. So, I will finish here on the original date, June 30.

"There has been a lot of speculation about things, but they [the club] are not doing anything behind me. I knew this one month ago.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/manuel-pellegrini-confirms-he-will-leave-manchester-city-end-season-160201183381#046KQYVYIxzqrc4Y.99

Once Pep agreed to come, then his contract extension was cancelled . Not sacked, but as per the terms of the contract extension described above by Pellegrini.

Interesting. Are you saying as a fan of the mighty ManU that you are only interested in playing attractive football and not winning trophies, or both playing attractive football and winning trophies?

^JnD post:

Don't bother trying work me out mate, and keep try to find fault with my posts if you like (you seem to like), but you seem to have stopped reading my post at "City is a business to make profits". And no my opinions no more flip flop from week to week than yours, and I'm very happy and pleased with our owners and City's progress since 2008. Your beginning to remind me of 1 Liverpool and 2 Spurs fans on here trying pick me up continually on what I post, we won't always agree but how about leaving the constant digs will ya. Cheers.

Stop being so sensitive you soft ars.

Edited by JacknDanny
  • Like 1

Interesting Stat fernandino at 30 in may was the 3 rd youngest player city fielded at the weekend. Dread to think how much the incoming

manager is gonna have to spend to introduce the pacy Intense pressing game he likes.

As City in the years since 2008 have rarely played a pressing game but a possession/passing, we may well indeed have to change a bit to move to a pressing game. I wouldn't worry yourself at all about how much we may have to spend, don't think that's a major concern, we will no doubt continue to spend similar to the ManUs and Chelseas.

I cant work you out BB!!

I see you on here continually complaining about how much it costs you and you family to go and watch City, yet you come on saying "City is a business to make profits"!! Its like your opinions flip flop from day to day, week to week!!

I will go on record as saying I am extremely proud of our owners who have done tremendous things for our club and the area. This price increase is not one of them!!

Lets say its 55000 capacity X 20 quid increase ( in reality the figures are a LOT lower than that), thats just over a million quid. Or in more subtle terms, Yayas wages for a month!!!!

Its ridiculous. The club dont need the money, they didnt need to increase the prices. Huge faux pas. If anything they could have given the fans something back,ts a midweek game...reduce the prices and have the ground rocking.

Yes City are a business, but making an extra mill out of the fans is not what I expect when we are doing billion dollar sponsor deals and the like world-wide. Its ridiculous.

Garry Cook returned by any chance cheesy.gif

I cant work you out BB!!

Garry Cook returned by any chance cheesy.gif

Not unless someone has owned up to hacking his email

• Like 1

. Are you saying as a fan of the mighty ManU

Your admission of United,s standing is much appreciated,an honest assessment from a Manchester City fan,a rarity indeed..............keep up the good work there,s hope for you yet cheesy.gif

FROM THE MANU FORUM...rijit comments if anyone wants to bite:

"the irresponsible way your owners have lashed money around"

"yeah yeah yeah just as bb says up the value of sponsorship and other deals and turn the debts into interest free loans,and get a sart arsed team of accountants in to balance the books. my gut r tells me your sugar daddies have probably subliminally helped <deleted> the status quo at fifa and consequently its fair play, they can pay exactly what they want, when they want and have no one to answer to. but really its just semantics your just a boorish vanity project for a very unpleasant regime. and if you believe that your making money and didnt sack your manager well your more uckin stupid than your border line trollish posts lead me to believe"

As City in the years since 2008 have rarely played a pressing game but a possession/passing, we may well indeed have to change a bit to move to a pressing game. I wouldn't worry yourself at all about how much we may have to spend, don't think that's a major concern, we will no doubt continue to spend similar to the ManUs and Chelseas.

I think it's a bit more than a bit ! anyway how many new players do you think he will have to introduce to the team to implement a change of tactics ?

"We extended the contract one year more but with the clause that one of the club or me may not use that extended contract. So, I will finish here on the original date, June 30.

"There has been a lot of speculation about things, but they [the club] are not doing anything behind me. I knew this one month ago.

Yeah right, more like they said "shut up and read this and we'll pay you up to 2017".

cheesy.gif

I think it's a bit more than a bit ! anyway how many new players do you think he will have to introduce to the team to implement a change of tactics ?

I've not much interest in speculating what Pep might or might not do. If you want my opinion on who City should get rid of I can answer that if you like.

I've not much interest in speculating what Pep might or might not do. If you want my opinion on who City should get rid of I can answer that if you like.

Who asked you to speculate about Pep ? i just asked a straight forward question, well i thought it was straight forward laugh.png

Who asked you to speculate about Pep ? i just asked a straight forward question, well i thought it was straight forward laugh.png

Straight forward question, straight forward answer. I and nobody but Pep have any idea how many new players Pep will have to introduce to the team to implement a change of tactics, if indeed he implements a change of tactics.

Personally, i reckon hart and then navas sterling agguero and maybe Silva will be able to step up the pace,, the rest imo will need changing,, who knows pep may surprise everyone and bring on the rabidly expensive youth,,but don't hold your breath:p but with the 'disappearance ' of ffp and history having a habit of repeating itself though the amounts involved have taken a significant step up

A stupidly irresponsible open cheque book will be the council tenants answer to the arguement. :P