Manchester City

mrbojangles

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

3v1. Well deserved. That's how you do it. City out Barca'd Barca. Great performance. ..great game for the neutral also.

Right 2hrs kip then work.

But after the Lord Mayor's show comes the dust cart. I can see a boring 0-0 against Middlesbrough!

3 hours ago, balo said:

It was a great game , one of the best I have seen for a while , I hope we can repeat that tonight (I'm a Spurs fan ) .

I watch as many games of other clubs as poss cos I love the game but for any neutral out there who hasn't seen this game I strongly recommend watching it. Barca for 30ish minutes where a pure pleasure to watch and then Pep changed it and we become a pleasure to watch.

Overall it was........well........a...........pleasure to watch :smile:

• Like 1

On 02/11/2016 at 11:45 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

...or was it Arteta?

According to the report, Arteta told Messi: ‘What are you waiting for? Go and get changed, <deleted>.’

Real class that....a no-mark taking a cheap shot at one of football,s all time greats.

I can forsee retribution on the horizon and the smug Arteta (what the hell has he ever achieved in football) bitterly regretting it.

I can remember a certain Alf Inge Haaland making a similar snide comment about a fellow professional many years ago.......oops :sad:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Real class that....a no-mark taking a cheap shot at one of football,s all time greats.

I can forsee retribution on the horizon and the smug Arteta (what the hell has he ever achieved in football) bitterly regretting it.

I can remember a certain Alf Inge Haaland making a similar snide comment about a fellow professional many years ago.......oops :sad:

Brave coming from Arteta now that he's no longer on the pitch. Asst. coaches should be seen and not heard.

1 hour ago, petermik said:

You hang on to that memory miklaaa, the immediate future looks like a bag o' limp wristed gorps, being led by a bloke who got lucky throwing enough dollars at a wall for a fews years. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

You hang on to that memory miklaaa, the immediate future looks like a bag o' limp wristed gorps, being led by a bloke who got lucky throwing enough dollars at a wall for a fews years. 

To some extent I can understand Artetas euphoria at City,s performance,but to take the pish out of a guy of Messi,s standing and laid back demeanor beggars belief,what an absolute p   rick.

There will be a payback coming in the near future without a doubt

Be magnanimous in victory and gracious in defeat.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chicog said:

So the logical deduction from that is that Middlesbrough are better than Barcelona.

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Lord's major parade as predicted. Decent first half. Flat tired performance 2nd half. You could see that goal coming all 2nd half, the only surprise was it wasn't Negredo. Seen that game so many times before.

Euphoria after wednesdays game-world beaters,brought down to earth by a workman like team today :saai:

Note to the "bitters" do not celebrate until silverware is on the table :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smokie36 said:

Hahaha silence from the Citeh tonight!

Smokes

I have a tremendous respect for Manchester City as a football club...living in the shadows of the worlds best supported football club and Englands most decorated cannot be easy,good luck in their quest for glories I say and I,ll be the first to congratulate them when their first Champions League trophy is on the table.

And god willing I hope that I will still be alive to see it :jap:

• Like 1

Walking it in, walking it in and walking it in.....SHOOT PLEASE.

And Clichy. I've seen that before from him in critical situations. He cannot be trusted to mark his man on high balls late.

Edited by jellydog

^You beat me to the Clichy comment, he's always 2nd favourite.

1stt half 89% possession at one point but didn't look great. 2nd half when they had a go City looked poor (tired?). Gundogan and Aguero disappeared. Constant mistakes in possession. I thought the ever reliable Fernandinho summed up our performance by giving it away or being caught in possession.