Manchester City

mrbojangles

The reality of youth football. Where are they now

Dedryck Boyata, doing alright with Celtic

Vladimir Weiss and Robert Mak Slovakian internationals but more was expected of Weiss

Ben Mee a Burnley stalwart expected to be bought by bigger club in the summer

Keiran Trippier Spurs

Daniel Sturridge sadly retired from football

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/05/jp-man-citys-2008-fa-youth-cup-winners-where-are-they-now/

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Vladimir Weiss and Robert Mak Slovakian internationals but more was expected of Weiss

Keiran Trippier Spurs

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/05/jp-man-citys-2008-fa-youth-cup-winners-where-are-they-now/

Should have kept Trippier and said no to Navas.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Keiran Trippier Spurs

Schmeikel is playing Champions League football this week. 

We're a bit short for options up front with all our diddymen and lack a route 1 option (anybody on here remember that tv football quiz show from the 60s or 70s), so how's about taking a punt on this fella who's knocking them in for fun in supposedly the hardest league for scoring goals in...

Edin Dzeko scored his 34th goal of the season as Roma beat Bologna to maintain their slim Serie A title hopes.

MrBj give this homesick Blue your daytrip to the Etihad report. ..I'm well jealous. Hope the wee one enjoyed the experience.

Great day thanks BB and the weather was superb which made the Mrs and daughter happy.

As you can see from the piccie we were very near the pitch so the view wasn't to my liking. I like to be much higher up so I can see everything. Sat here it was quite a bit of action first half but not much second half. You end up watching the screen behind you to see what's going on.
1491805486581.jpg

1491806026868.jpg
  • Like 1

That in the North Stand (on top of our old street)? Brother always gets us tickets at the top of the Colin Bell Stand, good view but suffer nosebleeds up there...sure I can see Bredbury from the back row ;-)
After the game the wife actually likes to hang around to see the VIPs. Made me laugh last game we went to as first out was Kiddo still in his tracky probably off to do his mum's shopping.

"Sergio Aguero has now scored the same number of goals for Man City (164) as Drogba did for Chelsea.…he’s played 135 games less."

I've always been a big fan of Kun in and around the box, great goalscorer, but I've always criticised him for: a bit lazy (though maybe he was instructed to conserve energy until he had the ball), and I'm sure he used to pass to only certain players (tevez, yaya, silva and nasri). Pep and the arrival of Jesus has worked wonders on Kun who now works and links better than ever.

I don't get all the fuss that Aguero has to leave cause Jesus has arrived as we are threadbare with options upfront - don't recall Aguero being automatic first choice always either, Tevez I'm sure often shared top billing. 

Daniel Taylor - Guardian

Why no voting surge for Agüero?

Sergio Agüero has spent so long this season trying to earn the full approval of Pep Guardiola, at one point being dropped from Manchester City’s team to accommodate Gabriel Jesus, nobody was too worked up by the fact that, once again, he missed out on the Professional Footballers’ Association player‑of‑the‑year shortlist.This is Agüero’s sixth season at City and there is a remarkable statistic that by scoring at Southampton on Saturday he has 165 goals, one more than Didier Drogba managed for Chelsea – and has played 134 fewer games than the Ivorian. Agüero is one away from joining Tommy Johnson as the second highest scorer in City’s history and 12 short of the club record, set by Eric Brook from 1927 to 1940.Yet there has been only one occasion, in 2012, when the PFA has deemed Agüero worthy of a place on its shortlist and, even more surprisingly, he has never made it on to the team of the year despite scoring, on average, 27 times every season.Agüero also made it on to the shortlist for young player of the year in 2012 but the vote was held so ludicrously early he finished behind Kyle Walker of Tottenham before, three weeks later, scoring the 94th-minute winner against QPR that won the championship – with his 30th goal of the season.Even this season, when Guardiola’s occasional dissatisfaction has placed Agüero’s future in doubt, the Argentinian had scored more goals in all competitions, 28, at the time the shortlist was announced than three of the forwards who did make it – Romelu Lukaku (24), Harry Kane (24) and Alexis Sánchez (22) – and the same number as Zlatan Ibrahimovic, despite playing five fewer games.True, Agüero has not always looked as lethal as in previous seasons but it isn’t easy to understand how a player with his record is overlooked so often and it does leave the impression that some of his fellow pros simply take his expertise for granted.

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Played really well. Brilliant goals. Clean sheet. Kompany got full game and a goal. Navas decent again.

Check out City's 2nd goal...brilliant team counterattack. 3rd was also decent.

Yep, a clean sheet achieved with Calamity Butterfingers in goal must surely be a source of particular celebration for you Man City fans! :partytime2:

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

After watching Kompany's performance last night can't help but wondering what if he'd been ever present this season and Pep hadn't had a brainfart and banished Harty...

Totally agree. We've missed him for almost 2 years now and yesterday he showed us what we've missed. He also showed in his goal celebration that he's missed playing. He would also have been a great mentor for Stones, instead of Stones having to carry all the pressure.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm amazed Sergio never gets picked for PoY or ToY and equally amazed that Silva doesn't either

Don't get me wrong, i think they're both top top players,

but when you look at their stats there not as impressive as other players 

in similar positions.

This season Aguero played 26, goals 17, assists 0.

Silva played 30, goals 2, assists 7

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

After watching Kompany's performance last night can't help but wondering what if he'd been ever present this season and Pep hadn't had a brainfart and banished Harty...

Yep agreed So much for super pep! nothing has changed at man city you still look a totally diferent team with kompany playing  as you did under the prev manager and his stance on goalkeeping , for the prem is just wrong  it may work in spain but it aint EVER gonna totally work in the prem,, and we wont say anything bout  his choise of match day coat,,

^"Yep, a clean sheet achieved with Calamity Butterfingers in goal must surely be a source of particular celebration for you Man City fans!"

You're not wrong. Nervous as hell when he's in goals. Apparently he made a save, first he's made for many games, and the City fans were celebrating like we'd won the game. Cruel, but he's brought it upon himself. Came with a big buildup from Pep, replaced a favourite player in Hart, and to be honest I can't remember one game where he's made a spectacular save, played a blinder or saved us. He's been poor. Get Willy back next weekend for wombly. New goalie or goalies in the summer.

^Sotsira "but when you look at their stats there not as impressive as other players in similar positions."

Not sure if you read the post a few above yours from the Guardian about Aguero but his record is on par or better this season and for the past 6 seasons with anybodies.  The only modern day player of the Premier era who betters him I'm sure is Shearer.

Aguero is 29gl in 38gm this season and a few players have slightly better ratio this season but over 6 seasons he's 164gl in 246gm; anybody in the Premier better?

I'm not sure who'd you compare Silva with but the fact that he's being recognised as City's greatest ever player (him or Colin Bell) and without him in the side for the past 7 seasons we're clueless, says it all. Great player; a joy to watch (needs to improve his goalscoring though I think he's Spains 6th top scorer of all time in his 111 internationals).

Edited by Bredbury Blue