Manchester City

mrbojangles

15 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Sounds like it's a 5 year done deal mate ?

Hell of a footballer, though I would be more impressed with news that City signed two fullbacks, a central defender and a goalkeeper.:thumbsup:

We are loaded with attacking talent. Can't help but think that one of those, or more, may be on the market. Two names nearly forgotten, Nolito and Gundogan, though Gundogan would be a tough sell given his recent injury. Just thinking out loud here, but the surplus of attacking attacking talent would lead one to think that some culling might be on the way.

I'd be tempted to keep Aguero and sell Sterling.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jellydog said:

Hell of a footballer, though I would be more impressed with news that City signed two fullbacks, a central defender and a goalkeeper.:thumbsup:

We are loaded with attacking talent. Can't help but think that one of those, or more, may be on the market. Two names nearly forgotten, Nolito and Gundogan, though Gundogan would be a tough sell given his recent injury. Just thinking out loud here, but the surplus of attacking attacking talent would lead one to think that some culling might be on the way.

I'd be tempted to keep Aguero and sell Sterling.

You don't need defenders.

Just buy all the best attacking players in the world.

The fans love high scoring games.

Don't do it the Mourinho way!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

As we thought, City are going to try and buy The Title next season !

Yes they've really hit the ground running haven't they!  I wonder how much this league title will cost them?  

Have to say, i've seen this guy play a few times now and he's a very handy player.

He's described as a midfielder so perhaps you could explain to Trig what that is!  :sad:

^"Apparently Silva gave your boys the run around"

It was Danny Rose I was thinking of:
Tottenham Hotspur defender Danny Rose says Manchester City new boy Bernardo Silva is the best player he faced this season. Rose admits he could not get near the Portuguese and talked up his talent. 

7 hours ago, alfieconn said:

As we thought, City are going to try and buy The Title next season !

7 hours ago, carmine said:

Yes they've really hit the ground running haven't they!  I wonder how much this league title will cost them?  

Funny how when one of our guys go on your thread you accuse him of trolling and yet.........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I was watching Berni Silva's first City interview earlier. Very fluent english speaker, just needs to work on a Manc accent.

Looking forward to seeing this lad.

Along with Jesus and KDB you just need another ten disciples now! :biggrin:

17 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Funny how when one of our guys go on your thread you accuse him of trolling and yet.........

Trolling or cynicism....i meant every word of it.  So what, Pep's going spend upwards of 200m putting together a side of multi talented players and go on to be hailed a genius.  Too right i'm cynical, but trolling, not in the least.  Same goes for Mourinho.

The premier league is now akin to a grand prix with three drivers behind the wheel of  BMW's and the rest in Vauxhall Astras.  Call it trolling if you like but i'm just saying it as it is.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

^We're looking at getting a Series 4 Cabriolet this Summer.........Problem is it will be a rental only. After three months we'll be back to Astras again for a few years!:saai:

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wilai said:

^We're looking at getting a Series 4 Cabriolet this Summer.........Problem is it will be a rental only. After three months we'll be back to Astras again for a few years!:saai:

Forgot to add, they also have a spare car, another BMW, but the rest get a three wheeler......

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Forgot to add, they also have a spare car, another BMW, but the rest get a three wheeler......

Yeah, but they are picking them up from that dodgy 2nd hand Raiola/Mendes Dealership. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Carmine
"Trolling or cynicism....i meant every word of it

Too right i'm cynical, but trolling, not in the least. 

Call it trolling if you like but i'm just saying it as it is.

That's all fine with me. You like to give your opinion, so think about it, others like to do that also, so accept it and stop with the aggression and being fiercely defensive when other fans dare go on the spurs thread. It's a football forum for opinions. Ok.

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Trolling or cynicism....i meant every word of it.  So what, Pep's going spend upwards of 200m putting together a side of multi talented players and go on to be hailed a genius.  Too right i'm cynical, but trolling, not in the least.  Same goes for Mourinho.

The premier league is now akin to a grand prix with three drivers behind the wheel of  BMW's and the rest in Vauxhall Astras.  Call it trolling if you like but i'm just saying it as it is.

But when you had circa 100m to spend you ploughed into a load of Kias. 

City's Academy is much maligned on here, particularly from Spurs fans who are rightly proud of having ONE player in their first 11 from their academy, Kane.

This article explains the problems for academy youngsters in transitting from youth to first team in a top Premier club.

Extract from the article:

However much the biggest clubs throw at their academy programmes, the picture is always the same: the scale of their investment is huge when it comes to the summer transfer market. City, for instance, came second in the Premier League under 23s competition, largely with a team made up of their exceptional under 18s group who reached the FA Youth Cup final, and yet Silva and others who follow him into the club this summer will come in ahead of them.The question for English players trying to build professional careers at the elite level of the game is how they establish themselves in first-team squads under the pressure from these annual spending sprees. It is notable that the 28 players named in Aidy Boothroyd's provisional England squad for the under 21 European championships next month, relatively few are from the leading clubs in the Premier League.There are none from United, Liverpool or Tottenham, although Harry Winks would have been included had he not been injured. There are only two from Arsenal, both of whom, Calum Chambers and Rob Holding, were signed as first-team professionals. The exception is the five-strong homegrown Chelsea contingent, although of the 50 first-team appearances they have between them, 32 of those belong to Ruben Loftus-Cheek.Boothroyd has opted for many players who have played regularly at senior level, like Dominic Iorfa and Kortney Hause, who have accumulated a decent number of games at Wolves in the Championship. So too Cauley Woodrow, the Fulham striker who has been on loan at Burton Albion. City have two in the under 21 squad, Patrick Roberts, the winger signed from Fulham currently on loan at Celtic, and goalkeeper Angus Gunn. Southampton have five representatives, and there are two from Derby County, as well as players from Norwich City, Reading and Aston Villa.If they were to look back at the last England under 21 championships squad who performed poorly in the Czech Republic two summers ago, they would have grounds for encouragement. Since then Kane, John Stones, Jack Butland, Jesse Lingard, Benik Afobe, Ben Gibson, Tom Carroll and Michael Keane have built good careers in the Premier League, and some have had big moves, too.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

City's Academy is much maligned on here, particularly from Spurs fans who are rightly proud of having ONE player in their first 11 from their academy, Kane.

This article explains the problems for academy youngsters in transitting from youth to first team in a top Premier club.

However much the biggest clubs throw at their academy programmes, the picture is always the same: the scale of their investment is huge when it comes to the summer transfer market. City, for instance, came second in the Premier League under 23s competition, largely with a team made up of their exceptional under 18s group who reached the FA Youth Cup final, and yet Silva and others who follow him into the club this summer will come in ahead of them.The question for English players trying to build professional careers at the elite level of the game is how they establish themselves in first-team squads under the pressure from these annual spending sprees. It is notable that the 28 players named in Aidy Boothroyd's provisional England squad for the under 21 European championships next month, relatively few are from the leading clubs in the Premier League.There are none from United, Liverpool or Tottenham, although Harry Winks would have been included had he not been injured. There are only two from Arsenal, both of whom, Calum Chambers and Rob Holding, were signed as first-team professionals. The exception is the five-strong homegrown Chelsea contingent, although of the 50 first-team appearances they have between them, 32 of those belong to Ruben Loftus-Cheek.Boothroyd has opted for many players who have played regularly at senior level, like Dominic Iorfa and Kortney Hause, who have accumulated a decent number of games at Wolves in the Championship. So too Cauley Woodrow, the Fulham striker who has been on loan at Burton Albion. City have two in the under 21 squad, Patrick Roberts, the winger signed from Fulham currently on loan at Celtic, and goalkeeper Angus Gunn. Southampton have five representatives, and there are two from Derby County, as well as players from Norwich City, Reading and Aston Villa.If they were to look back at the last England under 21 championships squad who performed poorly in the Czech Republic two summers ago, they would have grounds for encouragement. Since then Kane, John Stones, Jack Butland, Jesse Lingard, Benik Afobe, Ben Gibson, Tom Carroll and Michael Keane have built good careers in the Premier League, and some have had big moves, too.

Yes Winks and our central defender Carter-Vickers was conveniently left out I notice.

And yes BB both will be playing in the 1st team next season. That would make 3 first team home grown players which will be 3 more than your sorry lot!  :biggrin:

Edit: Apologies since I see you are talking about the England team....still a valid point however for you both.

Edited by RonniePickering22

47 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes Winks and our central defender Carter-Vickers was conveniently left out I notice.

And yes BB both will be playing in the 1st team next season. That would make 3 first team home grown players which will be 3 more than your sorry lot!  :biggrin:

Edit: Apologies since I see you are talking about the England team....still a valid point however for you both.

Interested to know which 2 players you think will lose their places to the two youth players you mention as i'd like to keep my eye on this situation to see if it pans out as you think it will. I left them out of my post incidentally as they are NOT first 11 players from Spurs youth, that's just Kane as we established recently when we were discussing ALL THE MANY first 11 players from Spurs youth; that turned out to be a myth didn't it.

I was not just referring to England team, the article was. I was just reinforcing the point that it is difficult for kids to come through unless they are better than a player in the first 11, and some clubs have the money to buy established talent worldwide (City, Chelsea, etc) whereas don't have the money or do have the money and won't spend it and they have to really on their youth filling the first team 11; not sure which category Spurs fit in to as they only have one youth player in the filling a first team 11 place.

At some point on here Spurs fans will realise that some clubs in Europe have the money to buy established players and therefore do not have to really on youth players coming through and will stop trying to beat City up about it, and might instead wonder why  Spurs are not able to compete with other clubs in the transfer market; maybe you need wealthier owners which will spend  money on the club :whistling: . Maybe your move to new WHL might generate you enough money so you can compete in the transfer market. What's fair to say is if Spurs were able to compete in the transfer market we wouldn't be having these ridiculous posts about youth team players. Different clubs, different means, different approach. 

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

That's strange as Bj always give the reason being that City don't bring any through is that it is a new Academy, strange that that is not mentioned in this article :biggrin:

Why are you fixated on 'First 11'?

Our first team changes every week like all the other top sides.

We have a number of home grown players in our FIRST TEAM SQUAD.

They will all play a part in the coming season and the two I mentioned will play more as the get older and gain more experience and ability.

Fact remains even widened to the squad level you still have a fat zero.

Perhaps you will next want to discuss why we don't have 2 international homegrown goalkeepers in our first team squad as a way of deflecting the issue?

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Interested to know which 2 players you think will lose their places to the two youth players you mention as i'd like to keep my eye on this situation to see if it pans out as you think it will. I left them out of my post incidentally as they are NOT first 11 players from Spurs youth, that's just Kane as we established recently when we were discussing ALL THE MANY first 11 players from Spurs youth; that turned out to be a myth didn't it.

I was not just referring to England team, the article was. I was just reinforcing the point that it is difficult for kids to come through unless they are better than a player in the first 11, and some clubs have the money to buy established talent worldwide (City, Chelsea, etc) whereas don't have the money or do have the money and won't spend it and they have to really on their youth filling the first team 11; not sure which category Spurs fit in to as they only have one youth player in the filling a first team 11 place.

At some point on here Spurs fans will realise that some clubs in Europe have the money to buy established players and therefore do not have to really on youth players coming through and will stop trying to beat City up about it, and might instead wonder why  Spurs are not able to compete with other clubs in the transfer market; maybe you need wealthier owners which will spend  money on the club :whistling: . Maybe your move to new WHL might generate you enough money so you can compete in the transfer market. What's fair to say is if Spurs were able to compete in the transfer market we wouldn't be having these ridiculous posts about youth team players. Different clubs, different means, different approach. 

So did  Iheanacho come through your academy or not ?  not that you will answer :cheesy:

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Basically it's saying your Academy player's are not good enough to get into your first team which we all already know,  crikey did you need to read that article to understand that !

Edited by alfieconn

30 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Why are you fixated on 'First 11'?

Our first team changes every week like all the other top sides.

We have a number of home grown players in our FIRST TEAM SQUAD.

They will all play a part in the coming season and the two I mentioned will play more as the get older and gain more experience and ability.

Fact remains even widened to the squad level you still have a fat zero.

Perhaps you will next want to discuss why we don't have 2 international homegrown goalkeepers in our first team squad as a way of deflecting the issue?

1. Why are your lot fixated on City’s academy and our transfer dealings? It clearly works for us as evidenced by the fact we’ve won a few things. After 9 years you should have gotten used to City by now as you clearly have gotten used to Chelsea following Abromovic’s purchase only 5 years earlier…maybe after 13 years or in 2023 the same attitude on hear to Chelsea will apply to City (but I doubt it).

2. I am not fixated on 'First 11'. I referred to first 11 meaning players who are considered first team selection players as I believe that is what your buddies are always trying to beat City up about; isn’t that the criteria and the answer in City’s case is Micah Richards. We do have kids coming through since 2008 who get the occasional appearance but they haven’t/don’t hold a first 11 place down so in answer to your question that is the criteria you beat us with when currently Spurs have ONE player who fits that criteria.

3. As squad players this season we had Pablo Maffeo (RB; 3 appearances), Tosin" Adarabioyo (CB; 3 appearances), Angus Gunn (GK; no appearances, only bench), Angelino (LB; 3 appearances), Aleix García (CM; 8 appearances) – I will leave out Iheanacho – so yes you are correct, City have no youth players coming through or getting in the first 11.

4. No I will not want to discuss “why Spurs don't have 2 international homegrown goalkeepers in our first team squad” as I realize and keep trying to make the point that clubs buy players; incidentally City’s homegrown and England’s u21 goalkeeper Angus Gunn (son of Bryan) makes our bench.

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. Why are your lot fixated on City’s academy and our transfer dealings? It clearly works for us as evidenced by the fact we’ve won a few things. After 9 years you should have gotten used to City by now as you clearly have gotten used to Chelsea following Abromovic’s purchase only 5 years earlier…maybe after 13 years or in 2023 the same attitude on hear to Chelsea will apply to City (but I doubt it).:cheesy:

2. I am not fixated on 'First 11'. I referred to first 11 meaning players who are considered first team selection players as I believe that is what your buddies are always trying to beat City up about; isn’t that the criteria and the answer in City’s case is Micah Richards. We do have kids coming through since 2008 who get the occasional appearance but they haven’t/don’t hold a first 11 place down so in answer to your question that is the criteria you beat us with when currently Spurs have ONE player who fits that criteria.

3. As squad players this season we had Pablo Maffeo (RB; 3 appearances), Tosin" Adarabioyo (CB; 3 appearances), Angus Gunn (GK; no appearances, only bench), Angelino (LB; 3 appearances), Aleix García (CM; 8 appearances) – I will leave out Iheanacho – so yes you are correct, City have no youth players coming through or getting in the first 11.

4. No I will not want to discuss “why Spurs don't have 2 international homegrown goalkeepers in our first team squad” as I realize and keep trying to make the point that clubs buy players; incidentally City’s homegrown and England’s u21 goalkeeper Angus Gunn (son of Bryan) makes our bench.

But you've been telling us for approx the last 2 year's that he came through your Academy and now you've decided that he hasn't, oh Trigg :cheesy: :cheesy:

Edited by alfieconn

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

On 25 July 2007, Tottenham Hotspur signed Rose for a transfer fee in the region of £1 million.[6][7] A regular for both the Tottenham Hotspur Academy and Reserves, Rose was named as an unused substitute for the league fixture against Sunderland in January 2008. 

At the age of 16 ! 

So i think that makes it 2 players  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if your going to come out with facts at least get them right.

Edited by alfieconn