Manchester City

mrbojangles

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'll have to put an hour aside later :smile:

pass........................:clap2:

Bladdy booring in Katesiree now BoJ with no footie,taking my dominoes in with me next week :cheesy:

7 hours ago, carmine said:

Alright alright i'll ignore his posts and just let him get on with it.  :smile:

With the greatest respect that is THE most useful comment you have EVER posted on here...........congratulations :clap2:

:sorry::cheesy:

17 minutes ago, petermik said:

pass........................:clap2:

Bladdy booring in Katesiree now BoJ with no footie,taking my dominoes in with me next week :cheesy:

I know what you mean. When the Mrs and daughter go back to Thailand for 10 weeks (bladdy long summer hols this year) I'm gonna dust off my golf clubs and go and wreck a few fairways.

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I know what you mean. When the Mrs and daughter go back to Thailand for 10 weeks (bladdy long summer hols this year) I'm gonna dust off my golf clubs and go and wreck a few fairways.

Golf? spoiling a good walk BoJ,get yourself a dog instead,plenty here in LOS :thumbsup:

Carmine "Not if you've had the opportunity to read a post on the Arsenal thread."

I assume your post is related to my post that I hope we're not in for Kane and Delli? If it is, the only Spurs players I'd like to us go for are lloris (rate him highly) and your two fullbacks (as we only have Kolorov at the moment who I'd like to move on). I don't feel we need Kane or Delli currently.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Was very calm when i posted and very much loving the banter with Ronny.

Ireland and Delph and not very similar are they. Ireland had one great season for us (2008/09) when he was City's player of the season, he was a decent player in that team (which included players of a standard of Michael Ball, Vassell, etc), but currently he'd be competing for a central midfield playmaker slot against the likes of SilvaD, SilvaB, Yaya and KDB, so no way would he get in. Delph hasn't played much and is there to give us effort/legs, a totally different player than Ireland; the opinion of most City fans is Delph isn't good enough but we're optomistic that he could be turned in to a high-energy left wingback, if he could just stay fit - can see him being sold in the next 12 months if he doesn't improve.

Richards was axed in favour of Zabalata; Zaba was hardly a mercenary, was he!

I luv what BB come's out with, must be great in his world :cheesy:

8 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

:cheesy: for a world record  fee :cheesy:

:drunk:

Sori, but worlds highest rated coach signs young 'highly rated ' brazilain goal keeper for a  world record fee !!  its got  'comedic catastrophe'   written all over it !!!

And thats  without even  thinking about peps already 'damaged' judgement  when it comes to all things goal keeping,,

oh wots the odds  he'll be getting a scots keeper in as bac up !!:clap2:

5 hours ago, petermik said:

Golf? spoiling a good walk BoJ,get yourself a dog instead,plenty here in LOS :thumbsup:

Got 4 dogs in the boonies already mate. They have one simple job, which is to bark and scare off potential intruders. Unfortunately, they like their sleep too much!!

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine "Not if you've had the opportunity to read a post on the Arsenal thread."

I assume your post is related to my post that I hope we're not in for Kane and Delli? If it is, the only Spurs players I'd like to us go for are lloris (rate him highly) and your two fullbacks (as we only have Kolorov at the moment who I'd like to move on). I don't feel we need Kane or Delli currently.

Please elaborate on this as this is the most bizarre post I've seen in a while.

I believe your Bobby Mancini squad is your most coveted BB. I'm pretty sure that forward line included balotelli at his peak perhaps, Dzeko, Tevez and Aguero and you think your all good with Jesus, Aguero and Nacho and Nacho is looking like a goner? Your two world class forwards short even with Nacho. Nolito don't look like he's hanging about either so whilst your defence is in need your strike force is also an area I'd be very surprised they do not beef up with some proven goalscorers. Just surprised you do not see that.

Edited by Rc2702

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Forever contradicting yourself, your memory must be terrible  :biggrin:

Not sure I want Walker, never been impressed with him defensively

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Best striker in the Premiership proven by his tally and three months he didn't even play.

Not good enough for one Citeh fan.:laugh::laugh::goof: 

He is not going nowhere no matter who comes in. He has set his stall out. He wants to break all records for goals at spurs and in the prem. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Don't believe I said Kane or Alli WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH I said I hope we don't go for them...there's a considerable difference.

Fair enough then I am satisfied. :biggrin:

32 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

He is not going nowhere no matter who comes in. He has set his stall out. He wants to break all records for goals at spurs and in the prem. 

Well he is Spurs thru an thru so no surprise there.

17 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well he is Spurs thru an thru so no surprise there.

Plenty of spurs blood sought pastures new previously to earn more and better their careers so I suspect the only difference here is the behind the scenes set and infield set up is favourable at present.

34 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Don't believe I said Kane or Alli WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH I said I hope we don't go for them...there's a considerable difference.

Why not kane then if he was looking elsewhere I do believe virtually any club who could land him would be on high alert. If your in for aubeyemang over an option on kane surely 9.999 whoever fans go with kane.

57 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Why not kane then if he was looking elsewhere I do believe virtually any club who could land him would be on high alert. If your in for aubeyemang over an option on kane surely 9.999 whoever fans go with kane.

If they were looking for a move then I’m sure Pep might be interested. For me Kane might be interesting, a decent back-up to Aguero, but Alli, nah I’m happy with what we’ve got.

45 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If they were looking for a move then I’m sure Pep might be interested. For me Kane might be interesting, a decent back-up to Aguero, but Alli, nah I’m happy with what we’ve got.

Alli's better than kdb. to be fair I'd take kane over aguero even without the last few hat tricks as Kane I think is more durable, younger and already much more proven at the age he is than aguero was at the same age. If I were you I'd be hoping city don't hold onto players too long so as to avoid the rut you got yourself in over the last two seasons.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^
"Alli's better than kdb, kane over aguero" - don't agree.

"If I were you I'd be hoping city don't hold onto players too long" - good advice. Aguero is 28.

Aguero turns 29yrs in a couple of days, as a footballer it's all down hill from there.

I think Pep will be considering Jesus as his 1st choice striker next season.

Maybe the time has come to let him go already. :biggrin:

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

Aguero turns 29yrs in a couple of days, as a footballer it's all down hill from there.

I think Pep will be considering Jesus as his 1st choice striker next season.

Maybe the time has come to let him go already. :biggrin:

Ibra 35, Messi 30 in a few weeks, so we'll see if Aguero's on a downhill; he's just had his best goal-scoring season for us so the downhill hasn't started yet.

I think Pep considered Jesus as first choice ahead of Aguero within weeks of arriving based upon Jesus play suiting Pep's style more, but Aguero surprised City fans by adapting his style and upping his workrate (he was a bit of a lazy prima donna at times in my opinion).

Based on his goal record last season and his willingness to adapt and participate as Pep wanted, I don't think the time to let Aguero is now or will be for quite a few seasons yet.

Kane has had 3 good seasons and he's played in a team on the up the past 2 seasons. Aguero has had 10 good seasons and has been playing in a team in decline / transition for the past 3 seasons. Happy to stick with Aguero (and from what i saw in Jesus cameo last season he looks a very decent player).

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ibra 35, Messi 30 in a few weeks, so we'll see if Aguero's on a downhill; he's just had his best goal-scoring season for us so the downhill hasn't started yet.

I think Pep considered Jesus as first choice ahead of Aguero within weeks of arriving based upon Jesus play suiting Pep's style more, but Aguero surprised City fans by adapting his style and upping his workrate (he was a bit of a lazy prima donna at times in my opinion).

Based on his goal record last season and his willingness to adapt and participate as Pep wanted, I don't think the time to let Aguero is now or will be for quite a few seasons yet.

Kane has had 3 good seasons and he's played in a team on the up the past 2 seasons. Aguero has had 10 good seasons and has been playing in a team in decline / transition for the past 3 seasons. Happy to stick with Aguero (and from what i saw in Jesus cameo last season he looks a very decent player).

Strikers main job is to score goals.

2/3 seasons as a golden boot winner for Kane. 

1 in 7 seasons? for Aguero.

So yes I agree somewhat lazy during his peak years versus a younger player who is better all round already and he's english too. Ibrahimovich better striker at 35 than aguero is at 28 and younger.

Edited by Rc2702

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Aguero has had 10 good seasons and has been playing in a team in decline / transition for the past 3 seasons. Happy to stick with Aguero (and from what i saw in Jesus cameo last season he looks a very decent player).

Sorry to butt in here BB but your comment  "has been playing in a team in decline/transition for the past 3 seasons" surely that is worth you starting a new topic :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Strikers main job is to score goals.

2/3 seasons as a golden boot winner for Kane. 

1 in 7 seasons? for Aguero.

So yes I agree somewhat lazy during his peak years versus a younger player who is better all round already and he's english too. Ibrahimovich better striker at 35 than aguero is at 28 and younger.

• Yes a strikers main job is to score goals and both Aguero and Kane do that.
  • Winning the golden boot; Joe Hart won golden glove award 4 times in 5 seasons so would you use golden glove or golden boot as vindication of being better than another player?
  • Kane better all-rounder, maybe. I don't see enough of Kane (but i see every game with Aguero) to know the answer to that. But if you watch every game Kane and Aguero respectively play in and that's your opinion then i'll note that.
  • English, yes that's a plus factor.
  • Their respective records are similar except Aguero has been doing it for a long time, season after season. Will Kane? Time will tell. Aguero is consistent and had his best season last season it was supposed to be a difficult season for him and for City. Kane had a remarkable season last season.

Goals         Goals  
  Aguero         Kane    
  48 30 0.625       6 1
  40 17 0.425       1 0
  34 28 0.824     19 4 0.211
  42 32 0.762     51 31 0.608
  44 29 0.659     50 28 0.560
  45 33 0.733     38 35 0.921
City 253 169 0.668   Spurs 165 99 0.600
Career 543 293 0.540   Career 230 115 0.500

3 minutes ago, petermik said:

Sorry to butt in here BB but your comment  "has been playing in a team in decline/transition for the past 3 seasons" surely that is worth you starting a new topic :thumbsup:

YOU go for it our kid...

Difference between the ManU in decline thread i started 11 years ago (and admit it, that thread hurt didn't it :whistling: )and a possible City one, is that ManU fans refused to accept it, whereas i accept City have been in decline these past season (and hopefully we are in transition upwards). :wink:

Oy! Just typed this and realised you are on my 'ignore list 'so how have you beat the TV system you sneaky bugger.! TV website gone haywire again?