Manchester City

mrbojangles

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

• Yes a strikers main job is to score goals and both Aguero and Kane do that.
  • Winning the golden boot; Joe Hart won golden glove award 4 times in 5 seasons so would you use golden glove or golden boot as vindication of being better than another player?
  • Kane better all-rounder, maybe. I don't see enough of Kane (but i see every game with Aguero) to know the answer to that. But if you watch every game Kane and Aguero respectively play in and that's your opinion then i'll note that.
  • English, yes that's a plus factor.
  • Their respective records are similar except Aguero has been doing it for a long time, season after season. Will Kane? Time will tell. Aguero is consistent and had his best season last season it was supposed to be a difficult season for him and for City. Kane had a remarkable season last season.

Goals         Goals  
  Aguero         Kane    
  48 30 0.625       6 1
  40 17 0.425       1 0
  34 28 0.824     19 4 0.211
  42 32 0.762     51 31 0.608
  44 29 0.659     50 28 0.560
  45 33 0.733     38 35 0.921
City 253 169 0.668   Spurs 165 99 0.600
Career 543 293 0.540   Career 230 115 0.500

Agreed time will be the teller but so far he's on 99 goals in his first 3 seasons so already ahead and began it at a younger age so the best is yet to come.  Hard to find a fault in him other than he is a spud.

Nice piece of writing this which explains it a bit more in detail.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/19/nine-stats-prove-harry-kane-has-best-striker-premier-league/

Assists, shot on target 65%, awareness and lets not forget he was out for 3 months too.

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I disagree. You watch Spurs and love Alli. I watch City and love KdB. I'm happy to stick with KdB

Of course you would, your Man city and bias, Rc is  neutral  and probably don't give a monkey's :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ibra 35, Messi 30 in a few weeks, so we'll see if Aguero's on a downhill; he's just had his best goal-scoring season for us so the downhill hasn't started yet.

I think Pep considered Jesus as first choice ahead of Aguero within weeks of arriving based upon Jesus play suiting Pep's style more, but Aguero surprised City fans by adapting his style and upping his workrate (he was a bit of a lazy prima donna at times in my opinion).

Based on his goal record last season and his willingness to adapt and participate as Pep wanted, I don't think the time to let Aguero is now or will be for quite a few seasons yet.

Kane has had 3 good seasons and he's played in a team on the up the past 2 seasons. Aguero has had 10 good seasons and has been playing in a team in decline / transition for the past 3 seasons. Happy to stick with Aguero (and from what i saw in Jesus cameo last season he looks a very decent player).

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: so i suppose this will be the 4th season in transition, fark me are they ever going to come out of transition ?

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Of course you would, your Man city and bias, Rc is  neutral  and probably don't give a monkey's :biggrin:

And of course you would agree that Alli is better cos your Spurs and bias. Read my post again Alfie. I said I watch KdB every week and love him. Why would I want us to swap him for ANYBODY else?

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And of course you would agree that Alli is better cos your Spurs and bias. Read my post again Alfie. I said I watch KdB every week and love him. Why would I want us to swap him for ANYBODY else?

How do you know that i agree that Ali is better ?  marvelous, we have a mind reader on the forum now  :biggrin:

Anyway,  you seem to conveniently missed off where you also said "I disagree" , in response to RC saying  

Alli's better than kdb. to be fair

So you watch KDB every week but obviously don't watch Ali every week so how can you say who is the better out of the two ?

Crikey this is as bad as responding to BB must be a trait of all City supporter's. i.e. the bias and sensitivity you get when anyone mention's their player's   :biggrin: 

Edited by alfieconn

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Oy! Just typed this and realised you are on my 'ignore list 'so how have you beat the TV system you sneaky bugger.! TV website gone haywire again?

BB........problem being you have that many on "ignore" TV sensibly has overridden it otherwise you would have no-one to communicate with (outside your feathered friends of course) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

How do you know that i agree that Ali is better ?  marvelous, we have a mind reader on the forum now  :biggrin:

Anyway,  you seem to conveniently missed off where you also said "I disagree" , in response to RC saying  

So you watch KDB every week but obviously don't watch Ali every week so how can you say who is the better out of the two ?

Crikey this is as bad as responding to BB must be a trait of all City supporter's. i.e. the bias and sensitivity you get when anyone mention's their player's   :biggrin: 

I'm wondering if there's a tension building amongst the city fans. I mean telling caballero to do1 and keeping Bravo and then buying or apparently buying this Moraes who still has some question marks with footwork no less and yet the real job of a GK is to be a shot stopper first more than anything and they got Hart hanging like that in no man's land. A keeper who would have given them at least 9 pts more last season gone. That's the good thing about Chelsea in some ways. There is no time for a transition for the bosses and 6 titles in 13 years is damning evidence that when you have loads a cash you can sprint towards titles faster than without and yet city are not really doing that and are in acceptable transition/decline mode yet their expenditures are in sprint to title mode. 

Decline mode with 200m to spend a season is shocking. 

"Crikey this is as bad as responding to BB must be a trait of all City supporter's. i.e. the bias and sensitivity you get when anyone mention's their player's"

Aw...you beat me to it. Alfi the 'answer a question with a question' man'. You've got a larf!

50 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

OMG, the pedant is back. Go on then Alfie, who do you think is better?

Pedant !!!! about what ? still i suppose you have to say something being as you obviously haven't got a response to the post !

I honestly don't know who is better, unlike yourself i have to see a fair amount of a player to make a comparison !

Edited by alfieconn

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

Pedant !!!! about what ? still i suppose you have to say something being as you obviously haven't got a response to the post !

And you haven't responded to my question either. Suppose we're peas in a pod eh!!

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And you haven't responded to my question either. Suppose we're peas in a pod eh!!

I honestly don't know who is better  being as i haven't seen De Bruyne play too many games  !

Edited by alfieconn

Just now, alfieconn said:

I honestly don't know who is better, unlike yourself i have to see a fair amount of a player to make a comparison !

What is it with you Alfie? Has her in doors gone out and you have nobody to nit pick with?

I've seen Alli loads of times both in a Spurs shirt and England shirt. Now, comparing players is all about opinions. My opinion is that he is a really good player but isn't better than KdB. I repeat, I wouldn't swap KdB for Alli. Happy with what we have thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm wondering if there's a tension building amongst the city fans. I mean telling caballero to do1 and keeping Bravo and then buying or apparently buying this Moraes who still has some question marks with footwork no less and yet the real job of a GK is to be a shot stopper first more than anything and they got Hart hanging like that in no man's land. A keeper who would have given them at least 9 pts more last season gone. That's the good thing about Chelsea in some ways. There is no time for a transition for the bosses and 6 titles in 13 years is damning evidence that when you have loads a cash you can sprint towards titles faster than without and yet city are not really doing that and are in acceptable transition/decline mode yet their expenditures are in sprint to title mode. 

Decline mode with 200m to spend a season is shocking. 

You seem to be in baiting mode with City at the moment, but go on, you had me at "i'm wondering..."  [popular thread these days isn't it]

Tension about what? I didn't understand.

Willy came with a big reputation from Pellegrini and wasn't good enough to replace Hart as he threatened to do. It's fair to say he wasn't considered one of ours until he won the cup for us against your lot and in doing so he turned our opinion of him, did wonders for his confidence since, Pep improved his distribution and he's been quite decent of late, but it seems it's time to move.

Bravo has been a disaster.

Ederson (Moraes) i haven't seen so i can't pass comment other than he's highly rated and Pep obviously fancies him.

Don't know about "A keeper who would have given them at least 9 pts more last season gone" but clearly we would have been a better team and lost fewer points if we'd had a decent goalkeeper. If we'd also had Kompany available all season  then  we wouldn't have been a powderpuff defence.

I'm VERY optimistic about next season and can't wait. Decent goalkeeper, 2 fullbacks, pray kompany stays fit and we'll be alright. 

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

What is it with you Alfie? Has her in doors gone out and you have nobody to nit pick with?

I've seen Alli loads of times both in a Spurs shirt and England shirt. Now, comparing players is all about opinions. My opinion is that he is a really good player but isn't better than KdB. I repeat, I wouldn't swap KdB for Alli. Happy with what we have thanks

Nit pit,   sorry i picked you up on your bias opinion, why don't you just make this thread for City supporters only then you can be as bias as you want without anyone responding ! 

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Nit pit,   sorry i picked you up on your bias opinion, why don't you just make this thread for City supporters only then you can be as bias as you want without anyone responding ! 

No Alfie. You didn't pick me up on my bias opinion. I stated what I think about KdB. If you think that's bias then sobeit but even you stated that you don't know who is better, so how am I wrong to disagree with someone who makes a statement saying Alli is better. I didn't even say KdB was better than Alli, I just said Alli isn't better than KdB and I'm happy with him. Now, if you ask me about Bravo compared to Lloris I'll tell you what I think about them also. RC made a statement, which is welcome and to which I replied my opinion. Simples. 

31 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You seem to be in baiting mode with City at the moment, but go on, you had me at "i'm wondering..."  [popular thread these days isn't it]

Tension about what? I didn't understand.

Willy came with a big reputation from Pellegrini and wasn't good enough to replace Hart as he threatened to do. It's fair to say he wasn't considered one of ours until he won the cup for us against your lot and in doing so he turned our opinion of him, did wonders for his confidence since, Pep improved his distribution and he's been quite decent of late, but it seems it's time to move.

Bravo has been a disaster.

Ederson (Moraes) i haven't seen so i can't pass comment other than he's highly rated and Pep obviously fancies him.

Don't know about "A keeper who would have given them at least 9 pts more last season gone" but clearly we would have been a better team and lost fewer points if we'd had a decent goalkeeper. If we'd also had Kompany available all season  then  we wouldn't have been a powderpuff defence.

I'm VERY optimistic about next season and can't wait. Decent goalkeeper, 2 fullbacks, pray kompany stays fit and we'll be alright. 

By baiting I'll see that as to meaning; debating.

Not seen much of Moraes too. Tbh until this week I never heard of him. Strikes me as odd that pep regards a GK highly for his footwork as a primary.

Shocked you still think that your forward line is not in need.

Caballero was much better than bravo so that's a strange decision but given it would be akin to putting egg on his own face instead of thinking and doing the best for MC. I understand his predicament.

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Caballero was much better than bravo so that's a strange decision but given it would be akin to putting egg on his own face instead of thinking and doing the best for MC. I understand his predicament.

Caballero was out of contract, so I think the decision was an easy one. He wasn't very good, he was ok but made me freakin nervous all the time. Pep obviously wants a top keeper and he (or his scouts) must have seen something in Ederson. We'll see. Personally, I was shocked with Hart and thought he should have stayed to fight for his place. I reckon he would have won Pep over in the end

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Caballero was out of contract, so I think the decision was an easy one. He wasn't very good, he was ok but made me freakin nervous all the time. Pep obviously wants a top keeper and he (or his scouts) must have seen something in Ederson. We'll see. Personally, I was shocked with Hart and thought he should have stayed to fight for his place. I reckon he would have won Pep over in the end

That's a fair point sorry for overlooking that obvious matter. I still think if Pep wants to be the respected coach we all had him down for.  He will bring hart back. I'm sure it bothers him it must and the press will feed on that his whole man city career if he dont right that wrong.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

On the other areas you think your ok up front I reckon your 2 short if we think nolito is off and inheacho is off.  Even with them your 1 short I think.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

No Alfie. You didn't pick me up on my bias opinion. I stated what I think about KdB. If you think that's bias then sobeit but even you stated that you don't know who is better, so how am I wrong to disagree with someone who makes a statement saying Alli is better. I didn't even say KdB was better than Alli, I just said Alli isn't better than KdB and I'm happy with him. Now, if you ask me about Bravo compared to Lloris I'll tell you what I think about them also. RC made a statement, which is welcome and to which I replied my opinion. Simples. 

Just out of interest has anyone read kevin de bruyne autobiography. Written in 2015?

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

On the other areas you think your ok up front I reckon your 2 short if we think nolito is off and inheacho is off.  Even with them your 1 short I think.

It's always a difficult one to answer that. IF, we don't have injuries, then I'd say yes. But with so many games you are bound to get some injuries. So the problem then lies with getting a player who is either top class and keeping everyone happy rotating or getting someone who is high enough quality and ok with sitting on the bench for long periods. Nolitto is obviously not happy with the latter

57 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It's always a difficult one to answer that. IF, we don't have injuries, then I'd say yes. But with so many games you are bound to get some injuries. So the problem then lies with getting a player who is either top class and keeping everyone happy rotating or getting someone who is high enough quality and ok with sitting on the bench for long periods. Nolitto is obviously not happy with the latter

Difficult not many solskjaers about these days but that 4 man fwd line you had was tops. No doubt all were hungry for game time too. 

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

By baiting I'll see that as to meaning; debating.

Not seen much of Moraes too. Tbh until this week I never heard of him. Strikes me as odd that pep regards a GK highly for his footwork as a primary.

Shocked you still think that your forward line is not in need.

Bloody  spell checker! Yeah i meant debate, really.

If Iheanacho stays then i think between Aguero, Jesus and him plus supported by Sterling, Sane, etc, we are well covered. Pep doesn't play 442, likes one up front supported by 2 wide men, plus there is a squad limit you know :wink: It does sound like Nacho will be sold on or loaned so if that's the case then i'm sure there will be a newbie.

It is a strange decision about Willy and Bravo, maybe as simple as Willy out of contract and  Bravo just started a big contract so harder to shift. 

"Just out of interest has anyone read kevin de bruyne autobiography. Written in 2015?"

Always seems strange people so young having an autobiography. Remember Looney has a book deal for "minimum of five books to be published over a 12-year period", he's done 3 so far, latest one he's working on is apparently titled "The Rise and Fall of Wayne Rooney'. Maybe kdb has a several books deal. 

A cracking book, is:

'Blue Moon: Down Among the Dead Men with Manchester City' by Mark Hodkinson about City's season in the 3rd tier. A seriously brilliant football book.

When i'm home next i'd like to get his book:

'Spotland: The Sun Also Rises (and other football stories)'