Manchester City

mrbojangles

43 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

That interview we discussed previously. I mean he is right there is better formats but how does it impact the lads that are trying to burst through at city now. I never heard anyone curse there own youth players like that and blame the system.  Surely he knew the deal before coming in. It is what it is you can't really go saying stuff like that when your neighbours have a few youngsters coming through.  Kind of puts a dampener on your youth set up.

Trying to cast my mind back to the interview/comments he made. I think he was just saying it's difficult for the young uns to get a chance because they aren't being exposed to quality teams/competition and playing in empty stadiums. He was merely comparing it to what happens at Barcelona B etc. Don't think there was anything contentious there or anything we didn't know already. Getting enough quality English players coming through the system (due mainly to foreigners) has been much discussed subject for the FA for years.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Trying to cast my mind back to the interview/comments he made. I think he was just saying it's difficult for the young uns to get a chance because they aren't being exposed to quality teams/competition and playing in empty stadiums. He was merely comparing it to what happens at Barcelona B etc. Don't think there was anything contentious there or anything we didn't know already. Getting enough quality English players coming through the system (due mainly to foreigners) has been much discussed subject for the FA for years.

I think the lad needs a few lessons in how to deal with journalists and not for the first time can his comments be used to underline his lack of experience with the press. The gloves are off for your lad next season with the press, hopefully for the fans sake the same with the management but let's not kid ourselves a lot of your management are ex barca and the cull needed should he fail next season is a big one.  On paper it looked good but too many gaffes and laffs are being served up at city.

Edited by Rc2702
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I think the lad needs a few lessons in how to deal with journalists and not for the first time can his comments be used to underline his lack of experience with the press. The gloves are off for your lad next season with the press, hopefully for the fans sake the same with the management but let's not kid ourselves a lot of your management are ex barca and the cull needed should he fail next season is a big one.  On paper it looked good but too many gaffes and laffs are being served up at city.

I think our press are unfair with foreign managers and players. Even though some are quite fluent, every word spoken is analysed to the enth degree and I reckon the press purposely try and trip them. Pep's English is very good but you've heard him speak, it's a bit broken and although he'd get by in any normal conversational situation, under the pressure of the press and interviewers whose sole reason for living is to get a story, it's difficult. I've been trying to learn Thai for years and I would never try to do an interview in Thai.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

No different for youngster's at other teams but but that doesn't stop them coming through !!!

Don't know why he doesn't just come out it straight,  why does he need to persevere  with  youngster's when he can go out and buy the finished product, cos that's the crux of it !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

No different for youngster's at other teams but but that doesn't stop them coming through !!!

Don't know why he doesn't just come out it straight,  why does he need to persevere  with  youngster's when he can go out and buy the finished product, cos that's the crux of it !

We've had this before alfie. I'm talking about top quality youth and the quantity. Yes, of course some come through but as we saw last night against Scotland, not enough quality are coming through. Southgate should really have an abundance of talent to pick from but it's clear he hasn't.

I think Pep was just trying to give some sort of reasoning as to why the youth find it difficult in England but make no mistake, after the money pumped into the academy he is under pressure from our owners, as they will want to start to see some results before too long.

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think our press are unfair with foreign managers and players. Even though some are quite fluent, every word spoken is analysed to the enth degree and I reckon the press purposely try and trip them. Pep's English is very good but you've heard him speak, it's a bit broken and although he'd get by in any normal conversational situation, under the pressure of the press and interviewers whose sole reason for living is to get a story, it's difficult. I've been trying to learn Thai for years and I would never try to do an interview in Thai.

He's certainly not diplomatic and leagues away from his predecessor. I don't get the guy he should simply be focussed on spending at present to build the team back up. His position is dreamland for most managers. His remit should start and end with the first team and seriously lads if your boy fluffs up once more with the keepers position the press will murder him. That's where it starts and ends for me. What was thE time line at when hart got shifted out the 1st team? I'm guessing the 5th or 6th game last season?

15 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We've had this before alfie. I'm talking about top quality youth and the quantity. Yes, of course some come through but as we saw last night against Scotland, not enough quality are coming through. Southgate should really have an abundance of talent to pick from but it's clear he hasn't.

I think Pep was just trying to give some sort of reasoning as to why the youth find it difficult in England but make no mistake, after the money pumped into the academy he is under pressure from our owners, as they will want to start to see some results before too long.

Your going off topic again, the question Pep was asked was in regard to youngster's at City and that's what Rc made the remark about, it was nothing to do with youngster's in English football in general !  for some reason you seem to shy away from commenting  on Pep's reply to the journalist !

Edited by alfieconn

20 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Performances of the <20 squad back this up. Not doing too badly with a World Cup Final in an hour or so. All top clubs represented except City...even tho the coach is an ex MC player!:wink:

39 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

100% the press try and trip every interviewee but that's no secret. PeP needs a pep talk about what to say and what not to say. I think he was referring to his youngsters in that interview I mean what other first hand experience has he got to comment on a matter like that and if it was generally speaking he'd be wrong in some respects given the other teams who are delivering youth players notably liverpool Everton Southampton, Chelsea and Arsenal.

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Your trying to debate something which hasn't happened "Let's say your in 6th 11 games in 9 points from 3rd and you have lost your CL opener against much lesser opposition"...mischief making, and we all know it! Away with ya and come back with your question IF that situation occurs THEN I'll take you seriously.

Your stable mate has said it Sonny. The pressure is definitely on now more so than ever and is Pep gonna arrive at the party and if not how you gonna feel. It's gotta be a European crown or the title for your boy next season no excuses so how confident are you that he can deliver at least 1 of 3 trophies. He has the cash he apparently has the nous but can he mix this potion in the toughest league in the world as a manager?

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Performances of the <20 squad back this up. Not doing too badly with a World Cup Final in an hour or so. All top clubs represented except City...even tho the coach is an ex MC player!:wink:

Patrick Roberts was called up but has had to pull out through injury.

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Your going off topic again, the question Pep was asked was in regard to youngster's at City and that's what Rc made the remark about, it was nothing to do with youngster's in English football in general !  for some reason you seem to shy away from commenting  on Pep's reply to the journalist !

You twist my head in circles Alfie. Sometimes it really hurts

R2D2 "It's a fair question BB..."

It's not a fair question as you should know if you weren't so intent on getting a reaction. Say we find ourselves in the position you are so keen to see happen, then Pep's situation would need to take in to account many factors, including, are we playing ok but in that position, are we playing poorly so in that position, are we suffering with injuries to many players or key players, have we been unlucky, are the fans / the players / management with or against him, etc. Ok?

Now as your team are a 'big team', have a 'big manager', have owner's with money, your performance last season in the competitions and end of season position was very similar to ours, you should be able to put your Liverpool self in to my man city shoes.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't think he was in the squad mate as he decided to play in the Scottish Cup Final for Celtic. And anyway, at 12 million quid, I would hope he had a chance of selection:wink:

26 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It's not a fair question as you should know if you weren't so intent on getting a reaction. Say we find ourselves in the position you are so keen to see happen, the Peps situation would need to take in to account many factors, including, are we playing ok but in a position, are we playing poorly so in a bad position, are we suffering with injuries to many players or key players, have we been unlucky, are the fans / the players / management with or against him, etc. Ok?

Now as your team are a 'big team', have a 'big manager', have owner's with money, your performance last season in the competitions and end of season position was very similar to ours, you should be able to put your Liverpool feet in my man city shoes.

Absolutely but our owners need to flash the cash a bit more before we can safely say to JK - Over to you. So we're not in the same boat financially and I don't subscribe to the idea that we need to be in order to compete because we do compete and on a fraction of what you lads have at your disposal. Truth is you stick allardyce or even sherwood in as boss of your lot and I reckon he would be on par with Guardiola at this point. When you wait 2 years for a boss he needs to be special as you and most believed he was. He us looking ordinary and out of his depth where interviews are concerned and that lack of positivity about the club's youth could impact his actual job and teams performance.  If I was am agent listening to him in that interview kerching pal kerching ££££ I'd be straight on the blower looking for a 50% increase in wages and a 5 year contract for bravo 

Edited by Rc2702

18 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Thanks. So whilst your up. How long has Pep got a guaranteed seat at the table for before die hards start asking questions? Let's say your in 6th 11 games in 9 points from 3rd and you have lost your CL opener against much lesser opposition. How blue has a blue gotta go before they realise peps gotta go?

So why exactly in your opinion has "pep's gotta go"?

22 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Really, well stop going off topic !!!

Journalist: How realistic it is for players from the academy to get a chance in your team

Pep "They don't compete"

You come out with "The youth in England do play in almost empty stadiums and they don't really compete like they do in Spain etc. I don't know how we in England fix it though, so that English youth can come through"

Now can you tell what your response has to do with the question that the Journo asked Pep being as the question was specifically about City and  not about England youth in general ?

17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So why exactly in your opinion has "pep's gotta go"?

That was a question which was linked to the hypothetical scenario I proposed to you for next season bredbin. So no one's pointing the finger just yet I'm  asking you in the position described where does a real sky blue sit?

Edited by Rc2702

16 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

This is a forum sonny it's the place for debate and lets be honest about your teams position. I know its keep you awake at night I mean all we can do now is analyse the season gone and I can feel the pent up frustrations city fans are feeling. The words he said about the academy are shocking. How much you blew on that youth setup and your main man your mouth your voice is absolutely demolishing the hopes and dreams of the youth and yet over the road we got his nemesis breaking in a fair few youngsters. You tell me son. How bad has he made you look and how would you feel if you were in the youth coaching set up at citeh eh?

As i  stated earlier, you’re a 'big club', have loads of history and far more trophies than us, a top manager, wealthy owners, but you did no better no worse than us last season so does it keep you awake at night - if it does get a life!

What frustrations are we suffering? Any different to yours?

I watch virtually every Pep interview and I’m pretty sure Pep did not “absolutely demolish the hopes and dreams of the youth”. If they are good enough to break in to the team they will, they know that, but the better the first team/squad individuals the harder it is to break through - obvious isn't it. Pep was merely commenting on that when asked and how we have to send players out on loan for them to get the big-time/physical experience, whereas in Spain he was saying they would break through in the B team and play against older/experienced players to get the stepping stone up to the first team. As for players breaking through at ManU well they have a couple of decent players (Rashford and the right back with the double-barrel name) so good luck to them, but it’s also far to say that since Rednose left they have been struggling to find a settled side, and there are probably more opportunities there than say City; maybe, I don’t know as I don’t follow that lot.

How bad has Pep made us look? Not at all, in fact MrBj and I are struggling to understand what it is you are on about.

“How would you feel if you were in the youth coaching set up at citeh eh?” As I’ve said repeatedly on here, youth set-up is all about trying to bring through the best talent and if you get a good one bring him through but if not sell on and make a profit - football is a business after all. It's no surprise that both City and Chelsea repeatedly make the youth final but not many players come through but we both have loads out on loan and we sell on - it's called a business model.

You are talking nonsense mate, just for a 'debate'!

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

It's a fair question BB and doing the rounds with it now may save you the shock next season. Just go through the motions with us will ya and next season you will be better prepared for such outcomes. 

"Just go through the motions with us will ya and next season you will be better prepared for such outcomes." Oh my buddha! 

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Where are you getting this from? What are these gaffs? He gets interviewed pre-game and it's very interesting and cordial. He gets interviewed postmatch and he's no different all the other managers, and occasionally puts his foot in it when he doesn't appreciate the question/intent. Dear oh dear!

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

He's certainly not diplomatic and leagues away from his predecessor. I don't get the guy he should simply be focussed on spending at present to build the team back up. His position is dreamland for most managers. His remit should start and end with the first team and seriously lads if your boy fluffs up once more with the keepers position the press will murder him. That's where it starts and ends for me. What was thE time line at when hart got shifted out the 1st team? I'm guessing the 5th or 6th game last season?

Come on, nobody was like Pellegrine for talking without saying anything, he was a master.

Your struggling  R2D2. :wink:

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Where are you getting this from? What are these gaffs? He gets interviewed pre-game and it's very interesting and cordial. He gets interviewed postmatch and he's no different all the other managers, and occasionally puts his foot in it when he doesn't appreciate the question/intent. Dear oh dear!

A gaffe my old son and one lingering on the lips is Bravo. What an absolutely ludicrous decision that was eh? Your comfortable with that analysis?  Forgive me Bredbin but whose decision ultimately do you think it was to bring in Jonny Bravo?

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Your stable mate has said it Sonny. The pressure is definitely on now more so than ever and is Pep gonna arrive at the party and if not how you gonna feel. It's gotta be a European crown or the title for your boy next season no excuses so how confident are you that he can deliver at least 1 of 3 trophies. He has the cash he apparently has the nous but can he mix this potion in the toughest league in the world as a manager?

Are you for real? Of course the pressure is on for Pep...and all of the other top managers who expect to win things (pressure on Poch?). I can tell you now, City's management DO NOT EXPECT us to win the Champions League this coming season but they do expect to see progress and they expect to see a Premier challenge but not necessarily the title. Go an watch the 3 interviews of our top man, it's very informative and then you won't have to resort to all of this sensationalism. 

Do you read The Sun?

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Pep has a translator on hand for every interview (beardy guy) as there are times when he doesn't understand; he isn't fluent.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Are you for real? Of course the pressure is on for Pep...and all of the other top managers who expect to win things (pressure on Poch?). I can tell you now, City's management DO NOT EXPECT us to win the Champions League this coming season but they do expect to see progress and they expect to see a Premier challenge but not necessarily the title. Go an watch the 3 interviews of our top man, it's very informative and then you won't have to resort to all of this sensationalism. 

Do you read The Sun?

No mate I do not read the sun.

Look I'm just posing some hypothetical situations to you and your dodging em or selecting content to rifle back. Bit like a journalist! So stay on point and lets get to the bare bones shall we?

59 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

"All top clubs represented except City...even tho the coach is an ex MC player!"

Paul Simpson well liked at City for his +100 appearances or so back in the 80's. Think his son is a footballer as well.

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Pep has a translator on hand for every interview (beardy guy) as there are times when he doesn't understand; he isn't fluent.

Robson had a translator at barca some unknown lad called Jose. You might get lucky get your sights on the bearded fella you never know.

59 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You didn't notice Bob's words, to applied liberally to any Alfie intrusion "this will go on and on and on and eventually come back to money and our academy" ;-)

Or do yourself a favour and put him on ignore :wink: