Manchester City

mrbojangles

27 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Bloody Arsenal let us down..was expecting ManU to drop at least 2 points. We just don't seem to get away from that lot from Trafford. We need to win tonight to get back to 8 points again in case they beat us next week away at their place..which is a definite possibility.

Just one of those days!

Have you seen the stats on the game BB. De Gea had the best game by a goalie in the EPL since the the stats programme started.

Arsenal:

76% posession

36 goal attempts

15 on target

12 corners (Man U 1)

An average performance by the gk and it would have been a comfortable Arsenal 5-3 win.

I'm no great lover of Arsenal after what the club did to my friend and Rooney's uncalled for celebration turned me off Man U for 20 years. But this was a remarkable, renegade result. A real odd-ball of a game (reminded me of Greece winning the Euro Cup).

As for next week's game. The best Utd can hope for is a 0-0.

I reckon that City will be 20 points ahead of Utd at the end of the season.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

Joleon Lescott reveals he is back at Manchester City in a new role.

Lescott revealed that he is helping out youngsters who are dispatched on loan across Europe, and is now playing his part in the development of young players at Manchester City, the club where he contributed to so much success.

“Yeah, that’s an exciting role. I’m working with the lads who are on loan, currently there’s around 30 players,” Lescott said.“They’re between the ages of 18 and 23. Well, with the exception of Joe Hart – he’s not 23 (laughs).”

It's just like Huddersfield and Southampton game...11man defence..frustrating. think all the lower teams will do this now. City have done nothing. Hammers exploited City's weakness and scored a good goal: corners. That 11 is poor..we've been poor for the last 3 games..We're officially struggling.

10 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It's just like Huddersfield and Southampton game...11man defence..frustrating. think all the lower teams will do this now. City have done nothing. Hammers exploited City's weakness and scored a good goal: corners. That 11 is poor..we've been poor for the last 3 games..We're officially struggling.

I'm enjoying this one. :clap2:

Phew.
Amazing come back .
Didn't see that happening..I'm very impressed...again. Déjà vu weekly.
Brilliant 2nd goal..kdb to silva.
I think when you win you do get a bit of luck..but we changed it in the 2nd half with the substitutions and had more intensity and balance.
We needed to go in to next week 8 points ahead and if we lose we still have a big 5 point lead and better goal difference.
Screaming for Pep to take off sterling who was bobbins. Delph excellent again in 2 positions. Sane was good as was Ederson..the rest below par. We found a way.
Will Maureen go for it?

48 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Breaking down those gutless <deleted> was tough going, but Mr. Silva pulls one out of the fire !:clap2:

You mean your threadbare opponents who can't afford a decent manager?

You should be lending them a striker! :post-4641-1156693976:

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Phew.
Amazing come back .
Didn't see that happening..I'm very impressed...again. Déjà vu weekly.
Brilliant 2nd goal..kdb to silva.
I think when you win you do get a bit of luck..but we changed it in the 2nd half with the substitutions and had more intensity and balance.
We needed to go in to next week 8 points ahead and if we lose we still have a big 5 point lead and better goal difference.
Screaming for Pep to take off sterling who was bobbins. Delph excellent again in 2 positions. Sane was good as was Ederson..the rest below par. We found a way.
Will Maureen go for it?

You don't sub a player who scores that many winning goals in the last few mins of games.

8 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Delph made a horrific dive for the free kick on the edge of the area that was quickly followed by the goal. 

You're sounding like Andy Gray Bob. If a defender goes in like that, any opponent will go down.

Funny how nobody is mentioning that dirty git who put his studs down the back of Ederson's leg

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You're sounding like Andy Gray Bob. If a defender goes in like that, any opponent will go down.

Funny how nobody is mentioning that dirty git who put his studs down the back of Ederson's leg

Yeah, a bit of nasty business that was !

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Who’s Andy Gray Bob? ?

He never touched him, I could have driven a bus between them...

Ederson, Danilo, Mangala, Adarabioyo, Fernandinho (c), Foden, Yaya Toure, Gundogan, Bernardo, Sane, G Jesus

Subs: Bravo, Walker, Sterling, Aguero, Otamendi, Duhaney, Diaz

Fernandinho playing a delph role on the right with Danilo left? Yaya anchoring midfield flanked by Gundogan and Banana Silva? Foden in Sterling's position?

Adarabioyo, Foden, Duhaney and Diaz!

10 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Bossed the 2nd half but it wouldn't go in until Aguero's extra time penalty. Horrible 1st half, decent 2nd half but left ourselves too much to do. Keep your eyes on 18yr old Brahim Diaz, he looks very good.

Will he be playing for Watford next season then?