Manchester City

mrbojangles

Think Pep has to take a lot the blame for 1st half 'performance', and yes I know it was a dead rubber for us with the eye on the derby.

Ederson - Good 1st goal or his positioning fault. What was he doing for the 2nd? Worst City performance.
Danilo (RWB) - When is his season going to start?
Tosin (CB) - Good and bad. Club rate him but I've seen him a few times and I'm on the fence.
Fernandinho (CB) - Never let's us down but wasted at CB and our midfield lacked legs without him.
Mangala (CB) - Get rid.
Foden (LWB) - Asked to do a Delph. Are you serious Pep? Foden might be talented but it was liking asking Silva to play there. Felt sorry for Foden.
Yaya (CM) - Love the man but his legs have gone and alongside a not so mobile Gundogan was asking to too much. Lost 1st half midfield battle.
Gundogan (CM) - Talented on the ball but weak off it. Alongside a not so mobile Yaya was asking to too much. Lost 1st half midfield battle.
Sane - Not much came off for him. A real mixed bag of excellent and crap.
Jesus - Never hid in that poor 1st half. Decent 2nd.
B Silva - Beginning of the season on here I said of all the new signings I was looking forward to him the most. Now he is really annoying me with his overcomplication and constant slowing down. Someone give him an Ali Bernabia cd to show him the simplicity of passing long and short!

Subs
Diaz - He was excellent. Had a real go. Made things happen. Great close dribbling skills.
Aguero - Camped in their half by the time he came on. Pen but notall ggoing his way at the moment.

Delph ..ill
Kompany..not feeling well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

With that line up Pep is obviously taking the derby match seriously. First loss of the season, so at least that Monkey is off his back now

I don't think the monkey is off the back just yet, a lot of pressure in this derby match, more pressure on City now.

After battering so many teams for so long in the EPL, the weight of expectation is getting heavier. 

One things for absolute certain. Mourinho is licking his lips and will go all out (in his own nick it way) to stifle his opposition and then steal it late, in a controversial manner. The iron is hot on this one make no mistake. First loss, any loss is deflating and that invincible tag was surrendered by the B team and the A team will be miffed. This derby and the weather is gonna turn the tables, maybe not enough but I think for interests sake we need it. 

Just to allay any fears, my intent is not to be doom monger I just see an opportunity and you can bet your last escudo JM sees it too.

^I see it too for ManU.

We've been struggling of late to breakdown park-the-bus teams and nearly lost in our last 3 premier games. Pep will play to win it as he always does - he only knows one way - so if Maureen is smart, and especially if Silva and Kompany are out as rumoured, the odds must fancy a home win (if mangala and Otamendi are paired I'll be watching from behind the couch).

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Wow, wow, wow!!! What a w/e of footy. The most exciting match-ups so far this season. There are two stonkers and two nearly stonkers. The rest; just great fayre.

Last week not bad (6) with one perfect. Let's try for 10 from 10. Last done by me in Leicester's year. Another full-house is well overdue.

1-1 WHU v Chelsea
David Moyes will be secretely dreading this one. He will definately make the irons more difficult to beat. Chelski are on a roll. The form says Chelski all day long. But I've a feeling this could be evenstevens.

1-1 Burnley v Watford
Two fantastic teams going at it. Both have cemented their places in the EPL. Tricky one this; I'm on the fence.

2-0 Crystal Palace v Bournemouth
Palace gradually climbing out of trouble. Only 10k at Bournemouth's last home game so their way of getting dosh will be to finish as high up the table as possible. Palace to win with something to spare.

2-1 Huddersfield v Brighton
Two newbies meet up. Huddersfield have been awful recently. Brighton seem to settle for a respectable result away from home. Meaning if they don't get thrashed they are happy. Slim Hudders' win.

1-0 Swansea v WBA
I fancy both these two to be in the relegation mix at the death. Both are notorious 'coupon busters'. Swans to just edge it.

1-1 Spurs v Stoke
The Wembley wizards just have to win this or they will find their way back into the top 4 very difficult. Loss of form for both Alli and Ericksen; it's a mystery! Usual Shakiri goal will mean points shared.

0-2 Newcastle United v Leicester
The geordies are on their way back to the Championship I fear. Never mind! Bristol City will be another southern team in the EPL next season. Leicester getting back some confidence.

0-3 Southampton v Arsenal
What a game this should be at St Marys. Arsenal; very impressive in defeat at home last week. Comfortable win.

4-1 Liverpool v Everton
Not quite the game of the w/e; unless you are a Merseasider. Watch out for the penalty to penalty box pass for Rooney to run on to.

Liverpool averaging 4 goals a game recently should win this comfortably. I can see Everton snatching a consolation goal.

1-3 Manchester United v Manchester City
Game of the season. How times have changed in Manchester!? It would have been unthinkable a few years back when Utd and Arsenal were monopolising the League that this fixture would have the home team quaking in their boots.

I think Utd will go at it all-guns-blazing. City on the back foot early on. City dominating second quarter and scoring. Same story in second half for 10 minutes or so then City take control. Another couple of City goals. Mou sends on Felaini on to rough up the defenders. City sit back on three goal lead. Utd pressure tells in injury time for a goal. No rediculous, over-the-top goal celebration this time.

Hope I'm wrong; like to see 0-6.

+++

Biggest game outside the Prem'; Luton Town v Notts County. Two top-flight clubs of yesteryear now trying to get promotion from 4th level.

I can recall Luton ending Norwich's famous FA Cup run years ago (think Norwich beat Spurs in one round). They were then third division and looked all set for a Wembley final. But Luton ended their dream.

• Like 1

I see Maureen is starting the mind games again.

Saying that City players go down with a gust of wind and that he wouldn't be able to get away with what Pep does (referring to Pep wearing a yellow ribbon)

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11162551/jose-mourinho-claims-manchester-city-players-blown-over-too-easily

On 12/7/2017 at 11:18 AM, mrbojangles said:

With that line up Pep is obviously taking the derby match seriously. First loss of the season, so at least that Monkey is off his back now

With all due respect is there any eventually went he wouldn't take the derby seriously?  In terms of building a greater gap it couldn't be more important could it.  

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I see Maureen is starting the mind games again.

Saying that City players go down with a gust of wind and that he wouldn't be able to get away with what Pep does (referring to Pep wearing a yellow ribbon)

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11162551/jose-mourinho-claims-manchester-city-players-blown-over-too-easily

In the context of the crap he normally comes out with its quite savvy here.  Trying to get in the refs head, creating a few bookable let offs.  We all know City are not a dirty side but i'm sure he's going to get some of his players to stick the boot in on De Bruyne so he's trying to buy some free ones.  

On 7/12/2560 at 12:22 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Ederson - Good 1st goal or his positioning fault. What was he doing for the 2nd? Worst City performance.
Danilo (RWB) - When is his season going to start?
Tosin (CB) - Good and bad. Club rate him but I've seen him a few times and I'm on the fence.
Fernandinho (CB) - Never let's us down but wasted at CB and our midfield lacked legs without him.
Mangala (CB) - Get rid.
Foden (LWB) - Asked to do a Delph. Are you serious Pep? Foden might be talented but it was liking asking Silva to play there. Felt sorry for Foden.
Yaya (CM) - Love the man but his legs have gone and alongside a not so mobile Gundogan was asking to too much. Lost 1st half midfield battle.
Gundogan (CM) - Talented on the ball but weak off it. Alongside a not so mobile Yaya was asking to too much. Lost 1st half midfield battle.
Sane - Not much came off for him. A real mixed bag of excellent and crap.
Jesus - Never hid in that poor 1st half. Decent 2nd.
B Silva - Beginning of the season on here I said of all the new signings I was looking forward to him the most. Now he is really annoying me with his overcomplication and constant slowing down. Someone give him an Ali Bernabia cd to show him the simplicity of passing long and short!

Subs
Diaz - He was excellent. Had a real go. Made things happen. Great close dribbling skills.
Aguero - Camped in their half by the time he came on. Pen but notall ggoing his way at the moment.

Delph ..ill
Kompany..not feeling well

Really good post this. Thought provoking. Not the usual banter like on the other footy threads.

I'd like to press you further on  Fernandinho. Do you want him in midfield?

Do you think Diaz is ready for a EPL start or even a bench?

On 12/7/2017 at 5:45 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

Its hard to decide if I want you lot or Utd or the mickeys to get Madrid.

What do ya reckon carms?

I would be City.  But in current form Liverpool could do them too.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I'd like to press you further on  Fernandinho. Do you want him in midfield?

Do you think Diaz is ready for a EPL start or even a bench?

Fernadinho in midfield all day long. He plays him in various positions depending on injuries but that is where he excels.

Diaz is ready for a start IMO. Not tomorrow obviously with the magnitude of the game but maybe against Swansea next Wednesday. 

35 minutes ago, carmine said:

With all due respect is there any eventually went he wouldn't take the derby seriously?  In terms of building a greater gap it couldn't be more important could it.  

I didn't mean he wouldn't take the derby seriously but he usually takes all games seriously and plays each game at a time. But on Wednesday he played a team that was totally to protect the players who will be playing tomorrow.

35 minutes ago, carmine said:

In the context of the crap he normally comes out with its quite savvy here.  Trying to get in the refs head, creating a few bookable let offs.  We all know City are not a dirty side but i'm sure he's going to get some of his players to stick the boot in on De Bruyne so he's trying to buy some free ones.  

Totally agree. Hopefully Michael Oliver doesn't read the tabloids or Mourinho's interviews

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Totally agree. Hopefully Michael Oliver doesn't read the tabloids or Mourinho's interviews

He probably won't be effected but Mourinho will be thinking its worth a chance. It probably is too. Especially in a game he really can't afford to lose.  

"...Guardiola’s squad is the shortest in the Premier League at an average of 179.4cm (5ft 8in). United’s squad averages 184.5cm (6ft 0in)...", however "despite having the league’s smallest squad, City have won more of their aerial duels than any other Premier League side, claiming the ball 58.1 per cent of the time. United have the next best record (55.4 per cent), but remain some way off being as effective as City in the air..."

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Oh there we have it....thinks its won already....

Alrighty Kevin Keegan but you really should give up those fags. :clap2:

Not won yet Ronaldinho but a nice gap. Looks like Spurs were the only contender to pick up 3 points. Nice to see your lads back to playing good football.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Not won yet Ronaldinho but a nice gap. Looks like Spurs were the only contender to pick up 3 points. Nice to see your lads back to playing good football.

Hopefully a springboard towards the game against you.

I'm still looking forward to that one massively as I see us as certainly one of the top two sides in this league right now.

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Oh there we have it....thinks its won already....

M/City are  a lay down misere to win the EPL Title  by  at least10 to 15 points, they are great/strong squad, leaving Aquero  out surely confirms  my  view

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm still looking forward to that one massively as I see us as certainly one of the top two sides in this league right now.

honestly Pick The  Dick  in a very short time on the Footy Forum, you are hands down the Numpty of all Numptys posting ,the above comments backs my view ,only last week ,you Spuds were crying like little babys  ,  (recent form) one win(against Stoke mind you) and your crazy acessment that you are second best side to M/city ,until you get rid of The Bottle  and that 4BY2 Dog of a Chairmen (2 league cups in his approx 15 yr tenure) and we are going to do THIS and THAT  theme,,(its worn out you Numpty),  win something then you can crow, its  a  nice win M/city,good morning to all

Very happy with that. More possession, more shots and although that wasn't our best performance we fully deserved the win.

Maureen is a real sore loser. Putting it all down to not getting a penalty (which I don't think it was anyway) but clearly forgetting about the 2 penalties that we should have had.

I also hear he had an altercation with the City players in the tunnel because they where celebrating too loudly. Apparently Milk and water was thrown