Manchester City

mrbojangles

I'm kind of lost what point you are labouring to make Carmine. City, like Spurs and others will look to strengthen the team/squad during the 2 annual windows. City, like Spurs and others are limited in buying players/players salary limits by FFP. FFP is UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations (FFP) established to prevent professional football clubs spending more than they earn. The Premier League and the Championship also have ffp. Failure to meet ffp, as City know well, is punishable by fines, Squad reduced, Transfer spending restrictions and squad salary restrictions. City's owners may be richer than Spurs and others but we have budgets to work within to comply with ffp. We have no debt. We've made profit for the past 3 seasons I believe. But we can't go out and spend whatever we want juat because we have wealthy owners. It's simple to understand carmine..rules and regulations that Spurs and City MUST comply with.

City to sign Jack Harrison from New York City before immediately loaning him to Middlesbrough. The England Under-21 international was released by Manchester United at the age of 14. The deal bears some similarities to the transfer of Aaron Mooy, who City bought from another sister club, Melbourne City, in 2016. They immediately sent the Australian international on loan to Huddersfield, where he was named player of the season as they were promoted to the Premier League. Huddersfield bought Mooy for £8m last summer without him ever playing a game for Manchester City.

City recently (and quietly) completed the expected transfer of USA under-20 captain Erik Palmer-Brown after he left Sporting Kansas City – and he’s heading to Belgium on loan...heading to K.V Kortrijk in Belgium’s top flight for the remainder of the season...young centre-back. [Heard about this one months ago from a kansas work colleague who knows the lad].

City receive €1.25m sell-on fee as Argentine midfielder returns home...River Plate have announced the signing of former Argentina under-20 midfielder Bruno Zuculini from Serie A side Hellas Verona in a deal that sees Manchester City make some money. [Big things were expected from him by City but he failed to meet expectations]

PEC Zwolle centre-back Philippe Sandler is set to sign for Manchester City...20-year-old...deal will see Sandler remain at PEC Zwolle until the end of the season on loan...Sandler joined PEC Zwolle from Ajax in 2016 and has made 20 appearances for the club.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

I know it was only his first game last night and so I won'tget too giddy but I was very impressed with Laporte last night. Very calm passing and playing out from the back, confident and very accurate passing when playing a longer ball.

That dirty geezer who tried to break Diaz's leg, is another one who won't face retrospective action because the ref gave him a yellow.

Zinchenko is looking better every game he plays.

So much for Pep not giving the one's a go eh!!

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I was most impressed last night with the camera shots of the City fan eating his pie for about 20 seconds; thank you tv editor (idiot).

I know it was during an injury but it was rather pathetic wasn't it. Besides, I really miss pie and gravy, so my mouth was watering :licklips:

Is it my imagination or are we losing a player per game through bad tackles / injuries. There were quite a few last night. Rondon was a bit naughty on laporte. The knee high tackle on Diaz was crude. Etc . Looks like merlin is out for the weekend after going off last night. Bobby Madeley rubbish as usual.

^Guardiola right to complain as City's rough treatment becoming a joke

"...In the last month-and-a-half, Harry Kane and Dele Alli of Tottenham, Jacob Murphy of Newcastle, Jason Puncheon of Crystal Palace, Joe Bennett of Cardiff, and James McClean and Matt Phillips of West Brom could all have been sent off for nasty tackles on City players.Only one of them was -- though that was because Bennett was shown two yellow cards for two reckless challenges, both of which should have earned him a straight red instead..."

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/manchester-city/382/blog/post/3368106/guardiola-right-to-complain-as-citys-rough-treatment-becoming-a-joke

downloadfile.jpeg

Caught the replay. Entertaining again, and maybe the best part was Walker putting three good balls in the box. If he could get to the point where he could do that regularly City will take another step towards being extra ruthless.:biggrin:

^Re foul above on Diaz

Dermot says: If the referee [Robert Madley] has the view we have here, he will send him off every day of the week because it is high, late, at speed and likely to endanger the safety of an opponent. But if you go back to the original shot, what you will see is that the only justification for not giving that is Gareth Barry is immediately between the referee and the incident and he does not have a clear view of it. All he sees is the outcome of it, rather than the actual occurrence itself.

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^Re foul above on Diaz

Dermot says: If the referee [Robert Madley] has the view we have here, he will send him off every day of the week because it is high, late, at speed and likely to endanger the safety of an opponent. But if you go back to the original shot, what you will see is that the only justification for not giving that is Gareth Barry is immediately between the referee and the incident and he does not have a clear view of it. All he sees is the outcome of it, rather than the actual occurrence itself.

So how could he have given a yellow for something he "perceived" happened? He shouldn't have given anything if he didn't see it and then retrospective action could be taken. Now it's too late

Mourinho is a Clown from the biggest billy smarts  big top. From todays press conference, he says City have  won etc but there is still 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th to play for. So good so far Moureen and then he adds this:

"I cannot say, we Tottenham or Chelsea are doing bad because the points we have are very reasonable but Manchester City started strong and kept doing strong and managed to win matches they didn’t deserve

Which games is he referring to, we didn't deserve to win? Clutz

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Mourinho is a Clown from the biggest billy smarts  big top. From todays press conference, he says City have  won etc but there is still 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th to play for. So good so far Moureen and then he adds this:

Which games is he referring to, we didn't deserve to win? Clutz

He's a little, little man.:thumbsup: What amazes me is despite his getting older his personality disorder remains fully intact with no signs of improving. A poor prognosis.

Loved this from the Guardian's report on ManU from the Spurs game:

"Images tell a powerful story and it will be hard to resist the obvious story here, a tale of wondrously well-resourced midfield and attack let down by the pumpkins at the back; of a manager who has recarpeted the stairs in sequinned yak-thread weave but forgotten to spend a few hundred quid fixing the roof."

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^I had a quick think about that, and while we have scored late in several games to win it, I can't think of one game we've won we didn't deserve to win. Maybe one of the other posters has a theory which games Maureen is referring to?

bournemouth??

7 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

bournemouth??

It was a last minute win back in August but I still think we deserved to win it. It was at their gaff and we had 70% possession, 19 shots to their 9 etc. We were pretty relentless but the ball just wouldn't go in for the winner until the death.

Unless you are on about when they played at ours and we spanked them 4-0 :tongue:

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

It was a last minute win back in August but I still think we deserved to win it. It was at their gaff and we had 70% possession, 19 shots to their 9 etc. We were pretty relentless but the ball just wouldn't go in for the winner until the death.

Unless you are on about when they played at ours and we spanked them 4-0 :tongue:

Hahaha, yes I meant the match in August. 

You scored about 20 mins after the game should have finished, injury time was a piss take. 

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We're City fans. We haven't got used to not worrying. We have a lifetime of always worrying

Please mr boj what exactly are you worried about?

Burnley are on a very bad run with only 2pts from the last 5 games.

Anyway, your 15pts ahead of Utd with 13 games to go, for me that means the title 

is already City's, unless you think Utd can gain 16pts on City in those last 13 games.

That means City would have to lose 5 games and draw one and Utd win all their remaining 

13 games, never gonna happen.

The title is City's since December.

14 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Please mr boj what exactly are you worried about?

Burnley are on a very bad run with only 2pts from the last 5 games.

Anyway, your 15pts ahead of Utd with 13 games to go, for me that means the title 

is already City's, unless you think Utd can gain 16pts on City in those last 13 games.

That means City would have to lose 5 games and draw one and Utd win all their remaining 

13 games, never gonna happen.

The title is City's since December.

All of that is true Sots but I ain't counting any chickens until the fat chicken sings :tongue:

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

You scored about 20 mins after the game should have finished, injury time was a piss take. 

I accept your exaggeration for effect Bob but I'd still dispute anybody who could say we didn't deserve the win. Especially from Moureen, who's team have scraped so many lucky wins this season....which they didn't deserve.

Ederson,
Walker, Kompany, Otamendi, Danilo,
De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Gundogan,
Bernardo Silva, Aguero, Sterlin.

Subs: Bravo, Laporte, Adarabioyo, Zinchenko, Toure, Diaz.

Merlin hasn't made it from Wednesday's knock. Stones, who was reported sick on Wednesday, not in the squad today but no mention why. Pep picking a more physical defense.

Sagna finally has a club

Serie A’s basement boys Benevento today announcing that they have acquired Sagna on a contract until June 30, with an option to extend it until 2019. After 22 matches, Benevento are nine points behind second-from-bottom Hellas Verona in Serie A, so even with the experience of Sagna, it will take a minor miracle for them to avoid dropping down to Italy’s second tier.