Manchester City

mrbojangles

Some of the tripe these people come out with is unbelievable. I hope they don't get paid for stating the bladdy obvious

Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs insists Pep Guardiola's Manchester City must win multiple titles before they can be considered the best team in Premier League history.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11269900/ryan-giggs-man-city-need-multiple-titles-to-be-considered-best-in-history

• Like 1

...and "considered the best team in Premier League history" is a highly contentious subject and open to one's own opinion anyway.

Ryan's never struck me as particularly bright, but I was surprised to read a report the other day about how well Wayne Rooney performed as a studio pundit. I don't mind listening to RedNev and now im struggling to recall another pundit I will stop and listen to. The majority have nothing to say or contribute.

Ryan Giggs punditry is nothing short of tragic. 

While working away I get some channel called Star select and he is part of the half time review team. 

All his comments are stereotypical sound bites and obvious statements. He actually never analyses anything, just talks shit. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Ryan Giggs punditry is nothing short of tragic. 

While working away I get some channel called Star select and he is part of the half time review team. 

All his comments are stereotypical sound bites and obvious statements. He actually never analyses anything, just talks shit. 

Yeah I've seem him. "Tragic" pretty much sums up his style. I don't have a better alternative word to offer up

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

IF he was asked that question, he could have said to the interviewer "don't be daft asking stupid questions"

Far too polite for that, Giggsy.

I'll always be interested in what he has to say, just because of who he is. He's no worse than Shearer, Owen etc as a pundit, but obviously not on a Souness / Keane / Gary Neville level.

Shame there aren't many ex-City pundits isn't it :wink:  that's probably because nobody would know who the hell David White or Mike Sheron is. 

Edited by RickG16
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I'll always be interested in what he has to say, just because of who he is. He's no worse than Shearer, Owen etc as a pundit, but obviously not on a Souness / Keane / Gary Neville level.

Shame there aren't many ex-City pundits isn't it :wink:  that's probably because nobody would know who the hell David White or Mike Sheron is. 

I reckon Andy Hinchcliffe is decent. Paul Walsh ok. Trevor Sinclair. But best is Noel :smile:

4 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Do you really find him interesting, I always find Giggs actually doesn’t say anything. 

Roy Keane just says everyone is embarrassingly <deleted> and they should all be ashamed of themselves ?

G.Neville is one the best around. I like listening to Souness also, sometimes I wonder but generally is worth a listen. 

Owen is defo  a <deleted> ejit, masquerading as ambassador for LFC while loving United and talking mega <deleted>.

Phil Neville talks <deleted> also. 

Notice you didn’t mention Carra...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Do you really find him interesting, I always find Giggs actually doesn’t say anything. 

Roy Keane just says everyone is embarrassingly <deleted> and they should all be ashamed of themselves ?

G.Neville is one the best around. I like listening to Souness also, sometimes I wonder but generally is worth a listen. 

Owen is defo  a <deleted> ejit, masquerading as ambassador for LFC while loving United and talking mega <deleted>.

I find it interesting cos it's Giggs, and he gives pretty good insight into his era at United, quite often he compares what is going on in a match to what he experienced at United. I agree he is not exactly insightful in terms of analysis. 

Keane I like for the shock / comedy factor. There is nobody better at ripping somebody.

Souness / G Neville obviously two of the best, and Carra isn't bad, I think he has got better working with Neville.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Carragher. Think alot of people, northeners included, can't get past his horrible whingy voice - he doesn't have a good scouse accent for me.

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carragher. Think alot of people, northeners included, can't get past his horrible whingy voice - he doesn't have a good scouse accent for me.

No worse than the Rockport, white sock tucked in to tracksuit scallies on Middleton Rd, eeeeeeyaaaaa yaaalllriiiight 

On 2/28/2018 at 12:59 PM, Rc2702 said:

Just giggs own interpretation of brotherly love 

If you cannot do a "good turn" for your only brother its a sad situation.............:sorry:

p.s. his brother Rhodri is something else believe me, and Giggsy,s dalliance  with his missus although morally wrong was probably the only pleasure she got :whistling:

Well its fortress Library and with Franz Ferdinandinho out and Mickey  Hardman back for the goons.

With only a zillion point lead you must be sheeting bricks.

Its a piss taking pub almost open snowball fighting morning here in Blighty.

24 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well its fortress Library and with Franz Ferdinandinho out and Mickey  Hardman back for the goons.

LOL - who is Mickey Hardman?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Don't forget to panic buy the special brew. 48 cans for 2 days may be ok for ya.

54 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Don't forget to panic buy the special brew. 48 cans for 2 days may be ok for ya.

Thanks for the advice R2D2 but I have already bought a bottle of Margaux and one of Bunnahabein 25 year old.

Should last me until tomorrow.