Manchester City

mrbojangles

0v3 and Arsenal's worst 1st half result in the Premier!

They haven't been that bad, at times better than City - Ederson having a great 1st half - but 4 times City have ripped Arsenal open with brilliant team moves, Bernardo, Merlin and Sane finishing but Aguero failing with the easiest of the chances. Check out the brilliant 2nd goal by Merlin.

14 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Well that’s Wenger and Arsenal done, 

can City finish 2 top teams and managers in a week? Next up Conte and Chelsea 

they're going to have to fire wenger unceremoniously, he doesn't seem like he's prepared to quit. looks like he's lost the players though doesn't it?

4 minutes ago, StevieH said:

they're going to have to fire wenger unceremoniously, he doesn't seem like he's prepared to quit. looks like he's lost the players though doesn't it?

Yes and It’s sad and embarrassing 

I've been disappointed at times with Bernardo Silva, but he's been looking more comfortable and confident lately. Nice to see. Possibly we could see some competition for that position on the right between Bernardo and Sterling.

15 minutes ago, StevieH said:

You would think Wenger is done but nothing Arsenal management does, or doesn't do, surprises me. Precious few clues from management as to their thinking.

49 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Just caught the replay of the first period. Lovely, lovely football.:clap2:

For anyone thinking of watching a rerun, the 2nd half was pretty dull..Ederson penalty save and keep ball. 1st half was very enjoyable. .brilliant counter attacks from City.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

57 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

For anyone thinking of watching a rerun, the 2nd half was pretty dull..Ederson penalty save and keep ball. 1st half was very enjoyable. .brilliant counter attacks from City.

It was like Pep's plan was for Arsenal to keep Wenger by not giving them a routing.

Seriously  though, a game of totally different halves. Job was very  well done in the first half and I think they just wanted to get through the second with no injuries having an eye on Sunday's game

City have scored nine goals from just 13 shots on target against Arsenal this season.

City have now scored more Premier League goals this season (82) than they scored in the entirety of last season (80).

City's biggest away win at Arsenal in any competition since a 4-0 triumph in November 1912.

City have saved 11 of the past 19 penalties they have faced in all competitions (excluding penalty shootouts), with Ederson saving three of the five he has faced this season, including both in the Premier League (also against Crystal Palace).

Aguero failed to make it 6 in 6 vs Arsenal..damn.

9 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

0v3 and Arsenal's worst 1st half result in the Premier!

CORRECTION - It was the first time Wenger’s Arsenal had conceded three goals by half-time in a Premier League HOME game...Wenger side was 4-0 down at half-time to Manchester United in 2001 to lose 6-1; 4-0 down to Liverpool at half-time in 2014 to lose 5-1; 4-0 down to Chelsea at half-time a few weeks later to again lose 6-1.

Independent gave 

"Sane – 10

Made an outstanding contribution to City’s first two goals before getting on the scoresheet himself with the visitors’ third. Out of this world." That must have been based on his first half which was brilliant in short bursts; second half he tended to play it very safe. 

"

Silva – 9

The Spaniard is the conductor of Pep Guardiola’s orchestra and his feint past Hector Bellerin before he scored City’s second goal was worth the admission fee alone."

Edited by Bredbury Blue

30 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Silva – 9

The Spaniard is the conductor of Pep Guardiola’s orchestra and his feint past Hector Bellerin before he scored City’s second goal was worth the admission fee alone."

I worry for when he hangs his boots up. Not irreplaceable but not far off

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"

Silva – 9

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I worry for when he hangs his boots up. Not irreplaceable but not far off

Outstanding player who would walk into any prem.side......I for one will be happy to see him move on/retire :thumbsup:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

OMG. This is hilarious. Sky pundit George Boateng says 4 Arsenal players would get in the City team.

He says Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Ozil and Wellbeck would get in but that would mean they would have to replace Aguero, KdB, Sane and David Silva. Yeah stroll on you numpty. Can't believe these pundits actually get paid.

Intensive psychiatric eval for that loon.

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

OMG. This is hilarious. Sky pundit George Boateng says 4 Arsenal players would get in the City team.

He says Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Ozil and Wellbeck would get in but that would mean they would have to replace Aguero, KdB, Sane and David Silva. Yeah stroll on you numpty. Can't believe these pundits actually get paid.

You could make an arguement for Ozil, possibly Aubameyang.. but Miki is nowhere near that level in the PL. And Wellbeck... I'm speechless. 

20 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You could make an arguement for Ozil, possibly Aubameyang.. but Miki is nowhere near that level in the PL. And Wellbeck... I'm speechless. 

I honestly can't see any of them in the starting eleven. Pep would laugh at the thought of zero work rate Ozil. Aubameyang would get some time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Who are you going to take out of the current team for Ozil and Aubameyang?

24 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I wouldn't take anyone out of City's first IX for either of Ozil or Aubameyang but they would be excellent squad additions and could of course do a decent job.

From what I have seen of Ozil, I wouldn't have him in the canteen serving the pies

• Haha 2

Manchester City XI:
Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Laporte, Zinchenko, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Silva, Bernardo Silva, Aguero, Sane.
Subs: Bravo, Danilo, Kompany, Stones, Gabriel Jesus, Toure, Foden.

Chelsea XI:
Courtois, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger, Moses, Fabregas, Drinkwater, Alonso, Willian, Hazard, Pedro.
Subs: Chalobah, Caballero, Morata, Giroud, Zappacosta, Cahill, Emerson.Referee: Michael Oliver

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I must admit I'm shocked as that was absolutely pathetic from Chelsea. I'm sure the Chelsea fans on here will be furious at that game plan (if you can call it that). That was not what I expected

Gary Neville was slagging them off, but when Jose did it at OT against City its tactical acumen