Manchester City

mrbojangles

27 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

And HOPEFULLY it will be the match that gets us the PL title. Wonder what Pep will do. I think he will sacrifice the derby match to put out his best 11 against your lot I would think

Sacrifice a United derby ?

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

What would you do Bob? It's a difficult one. Of course if we beat you 0-5 at your gaff in the first leg it will make it easier :tongue:

Everton are <deleted>, our kids could beat them so it’s not an issue. 

You want to win that league at OT there’s nothing better than that daft guard of honour at OT. 

They better switch our derby to Saturday though. 

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Everton are <deleted>, our kids could beat them so it’s not an issue. 

You want to win that league at OT there’s nothing better than that daft guard of honour at OT. 

They better switch our derby to Saturday though. 

I think it's at city the derby.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

What would you know about a guard of honour at OT? Or in fact, winning the PL at all?

27 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

the slow-Mo car crash that is Jose Mourinho. 

AKA a manager who has perfected the art of deflecting the attention away from his players. And it works! You are all talking about him. 

Yeah we had a dip after probably the greatest manager in English football history - are you honestly surprised? 

In his first season of the repair job, Mourinho managed to pick up two trophies - how many have you won recently? We now look set to finish second in the PL. I would say that is improvement. 

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

AKA a manager who has perfected the art of deflecting the attention away from his players. And it works! You are all talking about him. 

Yeah we had a dip after probably the greatest manager in English football history - are you honestly surprised? 

In his first season of the repair job, Mourinho managed to pick up two trophies - how many have you won recently? We now look set to finish second in the PL. I would say that is improvement. 

A fair post, but a dip? It was a full on crisis for the first two years then the dutch guy steadied the ship and Maureen has now turned it's direction up the table.

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Rerun of Utd Sevilla match on now Rick.  Channel 36.

• Haha 1

Just now, Rc2702 said:

Rerun of Utd Sevilla match on now Rick.  Channel 36.

LOL. Extended highlights was enough for me.

Sevilla wasn't good enough, everybody knows that. But you can't say Mourinho's track record with us so far is a bad one. 

Just now, RickG16 said:

LOL. Extended highlights was enough for me.

Sevilla wasn't good enough, everybody knows that. But you can't say Mourinho's track record with us so far is a bad one. 

Last season was very good cup wise and it looked good at the beginning this year but it tailed off and I'm surprised you are in top 4. He is doing well with a squad not looking very together on the pitch. 

46 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Last season was very good cup wise and it looked good at the beginning this year but it tailed off and I'm surprised you are in top 4. He is doing well with a squad not looking very together on the pitch. 

David de Gea says Hello:post-4641-1156694083:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I think this one of the major canards regarding Mourinho's behavior. His asinine behaviors and comments are a reflection of his pathological character and have next to nothing to do with deflecting attention away from his players.

Same can be said about Trump. Two narcissistic <deleted>.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jellydog said:

I think this one of the major canards regarding Mourinho's behavior. His asinine behaviors and comments are a reflection of his pathological character and have next to nothing to do with deflecting attention away from his players.

Same can be said about Trump. Two narcissistic <deleted>.

I'm afraid you're naive if you don't think PR is micro managed at an organisation like United. Everything he said yesterday, while a little bizarre, was pre planned. And it has served its purpose of hogging the headlines. A manager with balls isn't afraid to shift the focus on to his own track record in order to take the heat off individual players. 

The difference  between Mourinho and Trump is that Mourinho was appointed by the board to represent a world leading organisation (finance wise, support etc), and unlike Trump can be fired at any moment if the board aren't happy with him.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I'm afraid you're naive if you don't think PR is micro managed at an organisation like United. Everything he said yesterday, while a little bizarre, was pre planned. And it has served its purpose of hogging the headlines. A manager with balls isn't afraid to shift the focus on to his own track record in order to take the heat off individual players. 

The difference  between Mourinho and Trump is that Mourinho was appointed by the board to represent a world leading organisation (finance wise, support etc), and unlike Trump can be fired at any moment if the board aren't happy with him.

Naivety is not one of my prime traits, and certainly not at my age. It does, however, seem to be a trait shared by many who suffer from the delusion that Mourinho's embarrassing rants have anything to do with deflecting attention from his players. If anything, his behavior is intended to deflect criticism from himself, though paradoxically enough, it usually only increases the criticism and negative attention.

• Like 1

having been admirer of mou for yonks .it appears for the very first time in his mgr career.he has met his match m/ city and skull .close to 2 years in charge a open cheque book to purchase his players who he wants.and is clearly behind the eight ball .liverpool under clipperty have made more progress then mou.s m/u. the golden midas touch has disappeared..hence his shi*t coming out of his trap.just my view

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Ricky lad, come on, the man took the piss out your CL and PL finishing as far back Ferguson's reign to justify his results as manager.

650M+ spent in the years since Ferguson, of which Mourinho spent half over 2 seasons and he is complaining about inheriting shiite footballers. 

He virtually devoted a whole press conference to himself, the United Manager.

No I'm not surprised you've had a dip after arguably the greatest manager in the history of Football. What is surprising is you and many other United fans seem to think it is actually a dip. 

You've finished 5th, 6th and 7th out of the 4 seasons since Ferguson left, spent millions trying to correct it and that's the sum of it. 

If you are happy winning a league cup and beating Ajax to win the Europa then that's great but my mind set as a Liverpool fan is the European Cup and League. I'm not arsed about winning anything else, and picking up a couple of sub-trophies along the way is not progress for me. No we haven't won anything for a while, but it's not as easy as it once was, but we are moving forward and that is progress. 

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Watching Salah at the moment and we are gonna need someone quick and defensively on their toes to take care of him 

Indeed. Our defense has performed well, but Liverpool and Salah are a cut above.

Bullshat no.1
More nonsense messing around with fixtures and not caring about fans who have to travel!
So "City are laying on free coach travel for fans left high and dry after their visit to Tottenham was moved for TV coverage.The Blues travel to Wembley to face Mauricio Pochettino’s high-flying Spurs on Saturday, April 14 for a 7.45pm kick-off.The last train departing from Euston to Manchester that night leaves at 9pm, which would be during half-time, meaning fans have to travel by road.And City have decided to provide free return coach travel to all those with a ticket for the game as a thank you to fans ‘for their unwavering support throughout the season.’" Well done City. Shame on those who yet again moved a game time without considering the attending fans!! Recently Dortmund fans boycotted a monday night game, chapeau!

Bullshat no.2
City are favourites to win the Premier. If we don't win both games at Everton (a) and ManU (h) to clinch it then the Spurs game could be the game where we do it, yet "Despite the capacity of the national stadium being around 90,000, City have only been given an allocation of just over 3,000 tickets"...not right!!!

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Bullshat no.1
More nonsense messing around with fixtures and not caring about fans who have to travel!
So "City are laying on free coach travel for fans left high and dry after their visit to Tottenham was moved for TV coverage.The Blues travel to Wembley to face Mauricio Pochettino’s high-flying Spurs on Saturday, April 14 for a 7.45pm kick-off.The last train departing from Euston to Manchester that night leaves at 9pm, which would be during half-time, meaning fans have to travel by road.And City have decided to provide free return coach travel to all those with a ticket for the game as a thank you to fans ‘for their unwavering support throughout the season.’" Well done City. Shame on those who yet again moved a game time without considering the attending fans!! Recently Dortmund fans boycotted a monday night game, chapeau!

Bullshat no.2
City are favourites to win the Premier. If we don't win both games at Everton (a) and ManU (h) to clinch it then the Spurs game could be the game where we do it, yet "Despite the capacity of the national stadium being around 90,000, City have only been given an allocation of just over 3,000 tickets"...not right!!!

I'd worry about filling your 30,000 allocation before wanting more seats... ^__^

Data courtesy of EA Sports has shown us the top performers in a variety of categories over the whole campaign, and after staring at the numbers for long enough to make us dizzy, we came up with 17 standout statistics.

1. Terrier-izing attackers

Huddersfield's Mathias 'Zanka' Jorgensen is the Premier League player who has made the most interceptions this season, while in second place there's another Huddersfield player, Christopher Schindler (61).

2. Monsters in midfield

And the next two on the interceptions list also play together, with Crystal Palace's Yohan Cabaye (59) and Luka Milivojevic (57) also working well as a pair.

3. Dave's saves

Despite being second in the table, Manchester United have needed their goalkeeper David de Gea to make more saves (96) than all but three other goalkeepers in the Premier League this season (Jack Butland 110, Lukasz Fabianski 105 and Jordan Pickford 103).

4. "Running down the wing..."

Andros Townsend (74) has completed more successful dribbles than Mohamed Salah this season (70).

5. Hazardous to defenders

While Eden Hazard has completed 41 more successful dribbles than any other player (128).

6. Salah's a shooting star

Mohamed Salah has scored his 28 Premier League goals from 57 shots on target this season, meaning that every time he has a shot at goal it's almost 50/50 that it's going to go in.

7. Gunner shock you?

Kevin De Bruyne's passing has been lauded all season, but he's not played the most successful passes in the opposition half over the campaign.

He's in second on 1,337, with Arsenal's Granit Xhaka first on 1,351.

8. Crossing king

But despite playing in a central position all season, no-one has made more crosses than De Bruyne over the campaign.

He's level with Leicester's Mark Albrighton on 136.

9. Rolling (the ball) Stones

John Stones has a 96.3 per cent passing accuracy this season.

No-one else (with more than 500 attempted passes) has more than 94 per cent.

10. But he's not the true pass master

Stones' City teammate Nicolas Otamendi has played 330 more passes than any other Premier League player this season.

He's on 2,464, with Granit Xhaka second on 2,134.

11. Yes Ndidi

Leicester's Wilfred Ndidi, a man bought to help plug the gap left by N'Golo Kante's departure to Chelsea in the summer of 2016, has made 36 more tackles than the former Foxes title winner this season.

Ndidi has made 125, the most in the division, with Everton's Idrissa Gueye second on 102 and Kante third on 89.

12. Big Ben

Christian Benteke has won 35 more aerial duels than any other player in the Premier League this season.

The Crystal Palace forward has been victorious in 224 of his contests, leaving Peter Crouch (189) trailing in second.

13. Not such a bad Pog after all?

Despite him apparently having a terrible time of it recently, none of David Silva, Dele Alli, Christian Eriksen, Mesut Ozil, Sadio Mane and Riyad Mahrez can say they've got more Premier League assists than Paul Pogba (9) this season.

14. Duff-Man!

Brighton defender Shane Duffy has completed 256 clearances this season, 40 more than any other Premier League player.

15. The touch of class

Mohamed Salah has had 228 touches in the opposition penalty area this season, which is 21 more than anyone else.

And people say he's a wide player.

16. Sterling silver

In second place in that list is Raheem Sterling, who has 207.

And people say he's a wide player too.

17. Baffling Belgians

Romelu Lukaku (37) has only had three more shots on target than Kevin De Bruyne (34) this season.

Three!

Data Courtesy of EA SPORTS, the Lead Partner of the Premier League.