Manchester City

mrbojangles

11 hours ago, champers said:

Says the supporter of a club that is a poorly disguised front for money laundering. Won 5 out of 6 Youth Cups but still spends a fortune on players every transfer window and always has at least 30; yes 30; players out on loan and nobody playing regularly in the 1st team from the youth team. 

Keep your fingers crossed that Roman isn't in the UK Government's sights as tit for tat expulsions of Russians continues.

the framework of C/sea,s  business is well known to all and sundry, my post was relating to M/city dealings  on their thread ,where we have two turkeys gobbling  that M/city  are  clean skins or lily white  LOL,   so be very wise to back off and fire your bulletts else where:smile:

another way one can look at it,   take the top 6 clubs in the EPL ...if they are not cooking the books one way or another , E/S is a monkey,s uncle   its down to who is the smartest at it

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

The chaps at FFP have far more access to City's accounts than the numpty who is speculating this and that in the article. FFP have already said they would monitor very closely our associations with the other clubs, even mentioning they would keep an eye on the salaries of our loaned players. Bearing in mind FFP fined us once but reimbursed us because we proved we adhered to the rules, I am content and don't intend to go any further as it has been done to death on here.

BTW. I probably know more City fans than thou and we are ALL extremely happy

Clearly the legal concept of 'innocent until proven guilty' doesn't apply to City by the great majority, does it.

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

the framework of C/sea,s  business is well known to all and sundry, my post was relating to M/city dealings  on their thread ,where we have two turkeys gobbling  that M/city  are  clean skins or lily white  LOL,   so be very wise to back off and fire your bulletts else where:smile:

another way one can look at it,   take the top 6 clubs in the EPL ...if they are not cooking the books one way or another , E/S is a monkey,s uncle   its down to who is the smartest at it

I assume I am one of the posters you are referring to. So go on then what exactly are City doing that is illegal. Specifics please and none of your usual generalisms if your comments are to be taken seriously by us 'turkeys'. 

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I assume I am one of the posters you are referring to. So go on then what exactly are City doing that is illegal. Specifics please and none of your usual generalisms if your comments are to be taken seriously by us 'turkeys'. 

Trigg,     Gobble !  Gobble !  Gobble !

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

Trigg,     Gobble !  Gobble !  Gobble !

We can conclude from your 'response' that you were unable to answer the question "what exactly are City doing that is illegal" and are just mischief-making.

As an Ozstralian, do you even know who Trigg is (that those 2 cockenee funsters call me)? I'm guessing you don't. 

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We can conclude from your 'response' that you were unable to answer the question "what exactly are City doing that is illegal" and are just mischief-making.

now trigg.  .fluff off .   and lay your bait elsewhere!!!

17 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I've been an away supporter at Liverpool and concur, it isn't pleasant

Yeah an so was every other club around England back in those days. There were some notorious City fans back in the day. the Guvnors.

I used to go to Main Road as a “City fan” in the early 00’s. 

The last time I was there as a Liverpool fan in the Main Stand towards the Sourh Stand? Some lad threatened to stab me, mistook me for some Tory <deleted> 3 seats behind me who cheered Owen’s 3rd goal. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah an so was every other club around England back in those days. There were some notorious City fans back in the day. the Guvnors.

I used to go to Main Road as a “City fan” in the early 00’s. 

The last time I was there as a Liverpool fan in the Main Stand towards the Sourh Stand? Some lad threatened to stab me, mistook me for some Tory <deleted> 3 seats behind me who cheered Owen’s 3rd goal. 

Two points in your post.

1. "Yeah an so was every other club around England back in those days". Nah, there were many grounds easy to visit and some which were horrible to visit (Anfield and Elland Road spring to mind).

2. Bob I believe Maine Road with all the ginnels wasn't a nice place to visit, though I'm struggling to remember seeing much trouble outside the ground. How about the Etihad?

"Stand towards the Sourh Stand?"

Kippax was opposite Main Stand, with the newer end called North Stand and opposite end called Platt Lane; think you'd have been in Platt Lane.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2018 at 4:15 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Maine Road with all the ginnels wasn't a nice place to visit, though I'm struggling to remember seeing much trouble outside the ground.

Depends if you class Moss Side kids holding drivers to ransom as 'trouble'! 

For those hung up on the money aspect, here's an interesting article from last week. Although I think there is some licence in the valuations, it's a positive sign that overall we have invested right.

Manchester City squad's transfer value has rocketed above one BILLION pounds

A study of what Man City players are worth in the current transfer market shows that, despite the outlay, the value of the squad has nearly doubled.

Manchester City's glitzy squad has cost a whopping £659million, sparking football outrage. ( Spuds fans :smile: )

But an assessment of what the Blues players are actually WORTH as they hunt success in the Premier League and Champions League, shows that the investment has been well worthwhile.

A scientific evaluation of what players are worth in today's transfer market shows that the value of those City players has almost doubled to an astonishing £1.2BILLION.

Full story:- https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-transfer-fees-squad-14443988

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

For those hung up on the money aspect, here's an interesting article from last week. Although I think there is some licence in the valuations, it's a positive sign that overall we have invested right.

Manchester City squad's transfer value has rocketed above one BILLION pounds

A study of what Man City players are worth in the current transfer market shows that, despite the outlay, the value of the squad has nearly doubled.

Manchester City's glitzy squad has cost a whopping £659million, sparking football outrage. ( Spuds fans :smile: )

But an assessment of what the Blues players are actually WORTH as they hunt success in the Premier League and Champions League, shows that the investment has been well worthwhile.

A scientific evaluation of what players are worth in today's transfer market shows that the value of those City players has almost doubled to an astonishing £1.2BILLION.

Full story:- https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-transfer-fees-squad-14443988

Who's hung up?  Next thing we'll have BB on here berating everyone for not saying in regular enough intervals how David Silva is such a genius!!  How the press don't fawn over him enough yada yada.

City fans appear totally hung up on not getting the credit they seem to feel they deserve?  And if you're all not hung up about then stop sounding so completely hung up about it.  

Oh and i suppose its not good enough that this forum has, on more than a few occasions acknowledged Silva as a world class player.   Thats not good enough either!!!

Can't wait for the reaction if Salah gets the nod over De Bruyne for player of the year.  Conspiracy?!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, carmine said:

Can't wait for the reaction if Salah gets the nod over De Bruyne for player of the year.  Conspiracy?!!

Salah might get the nod, he's a bladdy good player. Difficult to call this year but albeit I might be a tad bias, I still think KdB scrapes it

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Salah might get the nod, he's a bladdy good player. Difficult to call this year but albeit I might be a tad bias, I still think KdB scrapes it

Actually I'm beginning to think Salah wil get it. To the non-partisan fan or professional, i think Salah stands out more in the Liverpool team than KdB does currently in City's team. 

And why isn't David Silva up for it ;-)

46 minutes ago, carmine said:

Who's hung up?  Next thing we'll have BB on here berating everyone for not saying in regular enough intervals how David Silva is such a genius!!  How the press don't fawn over him enough yada yada.

City fans appear totally hung up on not getting the credit they seem to feel they deserve?  And if you're all not hung up about then stop sounding so completely hung up about it.  

Oh and i suppose its not good enough that this forum has, on more than a few occasions acknowledged Silva as a world class player.   Thats not good enough either!!!

I honestly think your understanding carmine of what City's fans think is flawed. No we do not look for any credit from any other fans. We do take offense with the comments that City have simply bought the league as that is FAR TOO SIMPLISTIC and for Sun and Mirror readers only. We have bought a bunch of players - many relatively unknown or not rated by others - and added them to Silva, Aguero, Otamendi,  Kompany,  KDB and others around before Pep arrived. Anybody who knows anything about football will give credit to Pep for moulding the players in to a winning team AND for improving almost every player over this second reason. 

On 28/03/2018 at 12:37 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Actually I'm beginning to think Salah wil get it. To the non-partisan fan or professional, i think Salah stands out more in the Liverpool team than KdB does currently in City's team. 

And why isn't David Silva up for it ;-)

As it’s his first season Salah might get it, but I don’t think there is a player I like to watch more outside of LFC than KDB, he’s brilliant 

8 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

4 days to sell out for a quarter final of the champions league. At least you can get a ticket to see City I suppose ?

4 days to sell out arguably the biggest match in their history! :laugh:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

I noticed you still had seats available yesterday for the CL 2nd leg ?

That was an idiot TalkSport post Bob. As soon as I saw the post on FB I went on to the City site and they are all sold out. They only went on general sale the other day. It amazes me why so many people care how many seats we sell. It seems to be the only thing they can try to take the pish out of us for. However, the reality is that we have been increasing the capacity of our ground constantly as we are always selling out.