Manchester City

mrbojangles

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Not such a high level in those days (although we did get paid for playing, surreptitiously of course) and it was in the Mithras Floodlight Cup and I played for Horsham FC.

Having said that I was lucky enough to have played against a Crystal Palace team on a couple of occasions (in friendlies) and played at the Goldstone ground (Brighton's old ground) on three occasions in Sussex Senior Cup finals in front of crowds of around 10,000. Also had the pleasure of playing alongside Marvin Hinton for a few games (great player even at 42 or thereabouts).

I was asked to go to QPR for some trials, however I was doing an apprenticeship at the time and didn't want to break it, and anyway I didn't think I was good enough, so I didn't go! 

Actually played until I was in my mid 40s (latterly in NZ), but gave it up after finally breaking my nose for the sixth time, this in conjunction with other injuries such as a broken leg, fractured pelvis, slipped disc, broken toe, torn cartilages and a few other injuries, so reckon I'd done my dash!

Good stuff... I followed Altrincham home and away for a few years. We played Crawley in the Conference (now National League) so they must have improved since then. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2018 at 2:02 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Wasn't happy with the weakened team idea, though for 45 minutes we were exceptional. Still think Pep should have gone all out to win that, go in to Tuesday on a high to see if that had a positive affect and the Spurs games and thereafter wouldn't have been important and we could have experimented with youth and player combinations till the season end. Win what's in front of you and worry about the 2nd game up later.

We threw that away.

Now we have to see if we can get over the line.

You could be hard pressed to win it at Wembley next week, I fancy a draw against the Spuds next week, so at least if I am right you can clinch it in front of your own supporters. I am pleased that the title is yours

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Excellent article 'Can we stop being so weird when it comes to Pep Guardiola?' on http://www.football365.com/news/can-we-stop-being-so-weird-when-it-comes-to-pep-guardiola

http://www.football365.com/news/can-we-stop-being-so-weird-when-it-comes-to-pep-guardiola

Don't say I never do anything for you. 

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Excellent article 'Can we stop being so weird when it comes to Pep Guardiola?' on http://www.football365.com/news/can-we-stop-being-so-weird-when-it-comes-to-pep-guardiola

There is a bit of an over reaction in this article, because this is media today, this is football today, full of morons masquerading as pundits, or commenting for the sake of fame.

That said, there is a bit of an obsession with City and even when we won last week the postmortem was all about City rather Liverpool who WON

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

There is a bit of an over reaction in this article, because this is media today, this is football today, full of morons masquerading as pundits, or commenting for the sake of fame.

That said, there is a bit of an obsession with City and even when we won last week the postmortem was all about City rather Liverpool who WON

Bob you clearly read different newspapers to me as all I read about was about how wonderful Liverpool were/are. Funny that.

5 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

You could be hard pressed to win it at Wembley next week, I fancy a draw against the Spuds next week, so at least if I am right you can clinch it in front of your own supporters. I am pleased that the title is yours

It's quite possible we could go 4 on the bounce at the weekend. There's a feeling in my water, that for the first time this season,  that things aren't quite going our way just now.

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It's quite possible we could go 4 on the bounce at the weekend. There's a feeling in my water, that for the first time this season,  that things aren't quite going our way just now.

Millennial City. :shock1:

17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It’s just as conceivable you could blow them away, you are that sort of team. Tomorrow’s game is gong to be a cracker I think and a massive test for both teams. 

Just now, Kadilo said:

It’s just as conceivable you could blow them away, you are that sort of team. Tomorrow’s game is gong to be a cracker I think and a massive test for both teams. 

I agree tomorrow and Saturday should be crackers. City only know one way. Liverpool need to decide whether to stick or twist. Spurs will want payback for the mauling at the Etihad. 

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I agree tomorrow and Saturday should be crackers. City only know one way. Liverpool need to decide whether to stick or twist. Spurs will want payback for the mauling at the Etihad. 

I’ll stick my neck out and say you will win them both. Whether tomorrow’s win will be enough we will see but in some ways the pressures off and as you say Liverpool have a decision to make and I can’t see them sitting in which will be to your advantage. 

I think we will also win tomorrow's leg.

We should have enough for spurs but they're a decent team, the form team of 2018 I believe, so they might beat us.

Just realised I have to get up 1.45am sunday morning to watch a Premier game.  What is the world coming to, oh dear, oh dear.

40 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I’ll stick my neck out and say you will win them both. Whether tomorrow’s win will be enough we will see but in some ways the pressures off and as you say Liverpool have a decision to make and I can’t see them sitting in which will be to your advantage. 

Liverpool will not sit back, but as City have to attack, that is very much to LFC's advantage. 

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Why is that then?

Its just another lame attempt at trolling.  "We should have enough for Spurs" is one of the ultimate knobhead lines that that you would associate with someone that doesn't have the knowledge or ability to articulate themself, have no basis for an argument and is content to try and stir up a hornets nest.  Its just become so tired and boring now.  Stick him on ignore and don't directly reply then i won't have to see his rubbish.  :smile:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, carmine said:

Its just another lame attempt at trolling.  "We should have enough for Spurs" is one of the ultimate knobhead lines that you would associate with someone that doesn't have the knowledge or ability to articulate themself, has no basis for an argument and is content to try and stir up a hornets nest.  Its just become so tired and boring now.  Stick him on ignore and don't directly reply then i won't have to see his rubbish.  

Better still, just laugh at the chips on the shoulder City fans are developing because they don't think they get the credit they feel they deserve.  Wonder why!   :smile:

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Its just another lame attempt at trolling.  "We should have enough for Spurs" is one of the ultimate knobhead lines that that you would associate with someone that doesn't have the knowledge or ability to articulate themself, have no basis for an argument and is content to try and stir up a hornets nest.  Its just become so tired and boring now.  Stick him on ignore and don't directly reply then i won't have to see his rubbish.  :smile:

Sorry but your post is ridiculous.  I gave my honest opinion ON THE MAN CITY thread, not the spurs thread, on our next 2 games and you accuse me of trolling! You need to stop being so sensitive and presuming every post I make is aimed at spurs - why would it be?

We've played around 50 games this sesson, I think I've seen all but 1 or 2 early Carabao cup games which weren't televised. My opinion is based on what I've seen. 

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sorry but your post is ridiculous.  I gave my honest opinion ON THE MAN CITY thread, not the spurs thread, on our next 2 games and you accuse me of trolling! You need to stop being so sensitive and presuming every post I make is aimed at spurs - why would it be?

We've played around 50 games this sesson, I think I've seen all but 1 or 2 early Carabao cup games which weren't televised. My opinion is based on what I've seen. 

What I've seen lately is your ability to crumble under pressure.

I'm thoroughly enjoying it as well.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, carmine said:

It's not such an outlandish statement considering they are so far ahead in the table. Although obviously City will be low in confidence now, so should be an interesting game.... either way, no need to get your knickers in a twist!

• Like 1

On 09/04/2018 at 6:02 AM, carmine said:

Thats cobblers mate.  You are total favorites.  They are 3-0 down so what sensible fan isn't going to talk their chances down?  On the contrary, you are the one talking your chances down even though you are 3-0 up ifs, because you have some injuries!!!!  Doesn't wash i'm afraid.

And lets face it, Mane or Firmino, prolific divers, can con a penalty out of nothing and it'll be all over!!!  Touche Bob!!!

Well allow me to retort! 

You are talking about a team, playing at home, nothing to lose, and that have proven they can batter anyone in a matter of minutes.

They were one of favourites to win the whole thing a week ago, they are record breaking EPL champions, with apparently a genius at the helm. 

Anyonw would think we are travelling to Stoke with that talk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Well allow me to retort! 

You are talking about a team, playing at home, nothing to lose, and that have proven they can batter anyone in a matter of minutes.

They were one of favourites to win the whole thing a week ago, they are record breaking EPL champions, with apparently a genius at the helm. 

Anyonw would think we are travelling to Stoke with that talk. 

agreed. if city score in the first 20 minutes it's right all up in the air. we've also conceded 8 goals in 2 previous league matches against them this season. without mentioning our injury situation. i'm bricking it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StevieH said:

agreed. if city score in the first 20 minutes it's right all up in the air. we've also conceded 8 goals in 2 previous league matches against them this season. without mentioning our injury situation. i'm bricking it.

How many goals does City need to score if Salah scores one ? This, I fear, is the question.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jellydog said:

How many goals does City need to score if Salah scores one ? This, I fear, is the question.

they'd need 5. so yeah, away goal is huge. at this point we don't know how fully fit salah is though.

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

No talk about Barcelona overcoming a 4-0 deficit to PSG in the CL last year ? It can happen though I won't be counting on it.

yeah exactly. odds are in liverpool's favour but city are capable of battering just about anybody.

I read that Pep will approach the game as though it's 0v0.

I reckon we need to be very positive from the start. Think we played 352 vs Liverpool home. Haven't played it since Mendy got injured. Love to start in a 352.

Assuming these players are fit, I reckon Pep will start:

Ederson
Walker Kompany Otamendi Delph,
KdB Fernandinho Merlin,
Sterling Jesus or Aguero Sane
*Think he'll stick with Otamendi

Prediction: 2v0. 2 late goals to get our hopes up, only to be frustrated.