Standard 30 day visa can it be extend

I have come to Thailand again about 20 days ago and have not been for a year , I'm thinking of staying for one more month can I go to the Bangkok migration office and pay 1900b to get a 30 day extension on my uk passport , I hear this is now possible or am I wrong and probably just get the seven day stamp to get out of the country

• Like 1

You can a apply for a 30 day extension of your 30 day visa exempt entry at immigration.

You will need a completed TM7 application form with a 4cm X 6cm photo attached, copy of your passport photo page, entry/permitted to stay stamp and TM6 departure card. Plus the 1900 baht fee.

You can a apply for a 30 day extension of your 30 day visa exempt entry at immigration.

You will need a completed TM7 application form with a 4cm X 6cm photo attached, copy of your passport photo page, entry/permitted to stay stamp and TM6 departure card. Plus the 1900 baht fee.

Hi thanks for the quick reply i take the TM7 form you get at the Bangkok Imergration and is the TM6 form the one you have to fill in on the plane. sorry but never done this before

• 9 months later...

Hi All, Long time no contact. Back in the Kingdom on a 30 day visa exemption and want to apply for a 30 day extension as a tourist at Chiang Mai immigration. Is the information about the requirements on this forum still correct as i see the last post was October 2014.

No changes.

But note that the Immigration office in Chiang Mai since July has been divided into two locations, with some services including tourist extensions being done at a new location at the Promenada shopping mall. You can no longer go to the old Immigration office close to the airport.

Sophon