Australian teenager threatens Abbott in IS video

Lite Beer

An Australian teenager who joined IS militants in Iraq and Syria has emerged in a video addressing PM Tony Abbott and US president Barack Obama.

The 17-year-old, named as Abdullah Elmir but who calls himself Abu Khaled, said "we will not put down our weapons until we reach your lands".

He ran away in June with another Australian teenager and it is believed he travelled to Syria via Turkey.

A government spokesman said it showed the threat posed by Islamic State.

"That is why Australia has joined the coalition to disrupt and degrade ISIL in Iraq," the spokesman said.

Read More: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-29703919

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-10-21

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"we will not put down our weapons until we reach your lands".

He ran away in June

But you were there already until June when you ran away.

Typical Leb, running off to get his mates.

Edited by CBR650
  • Like 1

They should show clips of dead and dying IS fighters, including those with severe injuries screaming for their mothers, on public TV. See how much bravado they have then.

That would pretty much Double or Triple the current enrolment levels. They are most likely using that type of propaganda for recruitment purposes already.

The ignorance and stupidity of these ISIS folk is just astounding...maybe all the morons of the world will go to Syria to fight with them...so their hate for their fellow man may die with them in the sands of the ME...

"we will not put down our weapons until we reach your lands".

What a lame threat...

how about this: "Dear Abdullah 'Buttercup' Elmir, you will be cut in half by a spray of bullets from an attack helicopter"

...now that's a threat, and a prediction all in one!

I bet he'll need a change of underwear at first contact face to face with coalition troops, just as Saddam's finest did. I suspect at that point he will develop "lebo-back" and ask for compo and not want to work anymore. Jokes aside, does this little shit realize that if he is successful as a bullet dodger that from now on he will never have a country he can call his own for as long as he lives. But then again he will have his faith and his monstrous inhuman buddies to keep him warm. But hopefully not for long.

• Like 1

Why is there no mention of Israel in all of this fighting with ISIS?

Are they just paying the other countries to fight for them?

That's a thought I have had. Maybe they are just biding their time, I am sure their secret service will be everywhere tailing these bastards waiting for a direct threat to their borders and security. They wont be so shy about using certain tactical weapons (in Syria) if things get out of hand. Not that I condone this.

Arabs with Australian passports.....will they never stop?

While I understand where the anger and sentiment is coming from, to use the actions of some a section of a community against everyone else is wrong.

For example there are a lot of scum bag Thais who is never want to set foot in Australia, but if someone said that all Thais shouldn't be allowed entry or residence in australia because of that (thus stripping my family of their australian passports) Id probably deck them

• Like 1

This is great advertising for a multicultural Australia, now where are all the bleeding hearts.

Here mate. Right here.

Hope you aren't typing this from Thailand, where I presume you've fit in, conformed and speaking the language fluently? Or are you one of these anti foreigner foreigners?

Edited by samran
  • Like 2

My concern is, and has been for a long time, that when you have so many young people who have no usable skill and start being involved in military actions, you have a very long term problem. They only thing some of these guys are trained to do is to follow orders and to kill. Whether they subscribe to the ideology or not is 2ndary, and I would guess some of it are just in it for the action (sex slaves etc.).

I spent some time working with demobilized soldiers in war zones and they have a lot of problems.

I fear that this problem will last much longer than the military action in the region.

• Like 2

Arabs with Australian passports.....will they never stop?

Please tell why Australian let so many in?

Why does EU United and Australian accepted the people that want to destroy the White Christians

Mate, you sound like Pauline Hanson. But back then the migrant whipping boy was Asians who were going to swap Australia ans destroy the australian way of life. She was wrong then. You are wrong now.

That said, this boy is an idiot looking for trouble and if he doesn't get shot, a bomb will probably get him if he doesn't come running home to mummy first. At which point he's gooing to be locked up for a long long time.

They should show clips of dead and dying IS fighters, including those with severe injuries screaming for their mothers, on public TV. See how much bravado they have then.

There are boys screaming for their mothers on the other side of the fence too.

There are boys screaming for their mothers on the other side of the fence too.

There are in every war. My point is that if you show them that martyrdom isn't always quick and glorious, they will be a bit less enthusiastic about volunteering.

When this young <deleted> gets a "round" through his knee he will suddenly want to see mum and an Aussy surgeon and a Bigmac and a girlfriend and a......................................................................................rolleyes.gif

For example there are a lot of scum bag Thais who is never want to set foot in Australia, but if someone said that all Thais shouldn't be allowed entry or residence in australia because of that (thus stripping my family of their australian passports) Id probably deck them

Or maybe make it as tough for Thais to get residence in a country as the Thais make it for westerners. But the Thais hate a level playing field.