Unlimited High-Speed 3G on TrueMove? I thought it didn't exist...

gavin310

As I was Googling for the number to dial to renew my 3G plan for TrueMove (with a data cap of 3GB per month) I came across the graphic below. Before this I didn't think TrueMove had an unlimited 3G plan. Before I sign up for this, does anyone know if these unlimited plans still exist? In the small print for the unlimited plans, it says "speeds up to 3GB", "speeds up to 5GB", etc. That obviously doesn't mean anything, since there is no such thing as a speed of 3GB for mobile internet. Maybe that's just a typo and it's not actually unlimited but has a data cap of 3GB? Anybody know what's going on here?

gqSlPjp.jpg

What this means is you get full speed 3G up to the cap limit, the capped speed once breached.

e.g. (speeds up to 3GB) means, the first 3GB of data per month is at full 3G speed (whatever that is for you), then after that your max. speed is limited. The limited speed varies depending on plan from 128kbps to 384kbps (not mbps as shown in the graphic)

for the lower plans < 759 Baht, you start paying excess data rates after you use the plan gigs (expensive).

The bottom line is, 3G is still uber expensive.

Edited by IMHO

What this means is you get full speed 3G up to the cap limit, the capped speed once breached.

e.g. (speeds up to 3GB) means, the first 3GB of data per month is at full 3G speed (whatever that is for you), then after that your max. speed is limited. The limited speed varies depending on plan from 128kbps to 384kbps (not mbps as shown in the graphic)

for the lower plans < 759 Baht, you start paying excess data rates after you use the plan gigs (expensive).

The bottom line is, 3G is still uber expensive.

Ok, thanks.

Edited by gavin310

You get un-restricted full data rate up to your cap (70 MB - 10 GB on that chart, which includes upload and download) after which your speed is capped at 64 - 384 Kbps until the plan renews. "Unlimited" refers to "unlimited internet access", albeit speed restricted.

This has to be done to maintain reasonable QoS for all subscribers, and is not wholly unique to Thailand.

About the only truly unlimited, uncapped plans are the TOT Storm series, although these are speed limited to 1 or 2 Mbps from the get-go.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/toppings/iplay/entry/654

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/packages/inet/entry/610

Jumbo 90 GB/9,000 baht: http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/campaign/entry/2994/

I think TrueMove H, along with DTAC, still have some double-data promotions. And True have some awesome triple-play (internet, TV, mobile) promotion still on now.

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1

There's also the 49 baht daily unlimited package which appears to have a data cap of 140GB. If you renew every day that's about 1,500 baht a month. If the data is really at 140GB, that's basically unlimited (at least more so than these other ones) so maybe it's worth it to just pay the 50 baht a day. Has anyone done this?

There's also the 49 baht daily unlimited package which appears to have a data cap of 140GB. If you renew every day that's about 1,500 baht a month. If the data is really at 140GB, that's basically unlimited (at least more so than these other ones) so maybe it's worth it to just pay the 50 baht a day. Has anyone done this?

It's a typo, 140 MB.

It's a typo, 140 MB.

Damn. Thanks.

Go to the following website while your device is accessing the internet from your True sim...

http://hlife.truecorp.co.th

This will show you the data topup options available to you and you can also choose reocurring plans which are nice.

You can get 500mb for 199 baht/month (But they give you double data as a promotion - So it will be 1GB)...

If you run over the 1 GB and your data slows to 128mbps... you can go to back the website above and topup an additional 1 GB of 3g speed for 150 baht...