Baht Bus Fares Went Up?

Roger Lee

No, there was a point. You were talking about a price rise AS IF this has already happened, officially or not. But it has not. A random rip off driver isn't ANY kind of price increase, it's just some random guy who knows he's wrong trying to intimidate people probably perceived as TOURISTS.

You can get hot about this all you want, that's how I read it, so TOO BAD. I'm sure you can cope.

There has been no rise I totally agree. Its 10 Baht hop on hop off around Central. Its not 10 Baht from Central To Jomtien or V V....Its 20 Baht

Why cant you just accept the facts instead of trolling ?

We , the residents living in the jomtien area for years should know this right?

It's 10 Baht from Jomtien to Central . Capisce?

Or 30 baht round trip. Cheap. A liter of petrol. Not sure my motorbike could do it for that. And I don't demand a living wage as driver.

about 10 baht on a Honda wave I recon.

What would it be 7km each way. That's 14 round trip, times 3 to make the price of a litre. 42km liter. That's pretty good. You sure?

But the bus fare is still cheap. I wouldn't want to do their job. No wonder they lose it sometimes.

Think you should get about 37 per liter ( pulled from internet)

so lets call it 15 baht., still cheap on the bike.

No they should not loss it some times. bah.gif

15 baht OK I'll go along with that. Add wear and tear, tax, insurance, tyres, etc it still wouldn't reach 20.

Never said they should said no wonder they do. They shouldn't of course but everybody has a limit and some of those tourist can be very difficult to deal with. It's not like the drivers have to go through special training and pass an exam to be one.

15 baht OK I'll go along with that. Add wear and tear, tax, insurance, tyres, etc it still wouldn't reach 20.

Never said they should said no wonder they do. They shouldn't of course but everybody has a limit and some of those tourist can be very difficult to deal with. It's not like the drivers have to go through special training and pass an exam to be one.

Are you sure anyone can jump in a baht bus and call them self a

a baht bus driver ? think it could be a PSV, does this not require some

testing of personnel first ? I could be wrong ?

Honda wave 125, that's a very expensive bit of kit to buy and run giggle.gif

way more convent then a Baht bus trip a few times a day.

when was the last time you got a baht bus from pattaya to go to the far end of jomtien beach road at 3 am for 10 baht ?

Edited by onemorechang

Are you sure anyone can jump in a baht bus and call them self a

a baht bus driver ? think it could be a PSV, does this not require some

testing of personnel first ? I could be wrong ?

Honda wave 125, that's a very expensive bit of kit to buy and run giggle.gif

way more convent then a Baht bus trip a few times a day.

when was the last time you got a baht bus from pattaya to go to the far end of jomtien beach road at 3 am for 10 baht ?

PSV maybe but that's driving ability not psycho analysis. Apart from that I don't know. I do know one tried to mow me down while I was crossing 2nd road at a pelican crossing that was red for the traffic. I was given the finger and had profanities shouted at me. There was more than 10 of us all crossing at the same time ages 2-68. You'd think he'd let us cross safely, we might be his next bunch of passengers.

Don't do anything at 3am anymore except zzzzzzzzz.

Cheers