China to launch moon mission

webfact

To the moon and back: Lunar mission to test China's space program
By Katie Hunt, CNN

Hong Kong (CNN) -- China says it will launch an experimental spacecraft between Friday and Sunday that will orbit the moon before returning to Earth, in a first for the country's ambitious space program.

The unmanned spacecraft will be launched by a Long March 3C rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center in Sichuan, western China, state media said.

It is China's first lunar module capable of returning to Earth and the mission's main technical challenge will be making sure the spacecraft slows down enough to re-enter the earth's atmosphere safely.

Too fast and it could overheat or become difficult to track and control, Hu Hao, chief designer of the lunar exploration program, told The China Daily.

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/23/world/asia/china-moon-orbiter/index.html

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2014-10-23

That's nothing!

Thailand is planning a manned mission to the sun.

Head of mission, Captain Somchai has said that to avoid the heat, they'll be going at night.

Oh man that is priceless. Made my day. Well done.

Now where does Suthep fit in. He can hang his head out the window to make sure their on the right track.

That's nothing!

Thailand is planning a manned mission to the sun.

Head of mission, Captain Somchai has said that to avoid the heat, they'll be going at night.

Oh man that is priceless. Made my day. Well done.

Now where does Suthep fit in. He can hang his head out the window to make sure their on the right track.

Yep.

That's a good one!

China can not colonize the moon soon enough...they are bursting at the seams with folks in their own country...Chinese in all countries of the world already...they could start sending folks to the moon...so much space there to defecate on the ground...

It's great that China are heading towards a moon landing, who'd have thought it that China may yet be the second country to put a man on the moon?

I'm struck by the ingenuity and fearlessness of the Apollo astronauts all those years ago. It's just mind-boggling what America accomplished in the 60's.

• Like 1

Always seem to find a lot of borderline racist comments coming from TV members (closet racists?) whenever there are China-related news. Won't be surprising to find some members here also contribute frequently to Stormfront.

Only a matter of time until the traditional medicine shops in Beijing start selling crushed moon rock.
..or moon cheese.

Or mooncakes...Oh, wait, they already do sell those. A lot.

Beat me to it dude, mentioning the Chinese favorite of mooncakes! You'd know the PRC has just had its traditional Mid Autumn Frestrival during which they all view the full moon and pass mooncakes around, hence the just made public announcement of the moon excursion. The announcement however was not made until after the Festival so it could seem the publicizing of the journey sort of fell apart, which might indicate some pause for thought in this second country late entry enterprise. .

If I were China I'd be em bare assed to announce that. They are only at least 60 years too late.

Yeah, but I'll bet they'll put the first Panda on the moon. wink.png

Yeah but it'll have to watch out for the eagle that's already up there and has been up there since Xi Jinping was a gleam in his father's eyes.

Edited by Publicus

Captain Chow Mein speaking via sattaright said, this will be Ron small stlep for man one giant reap for manklind.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain

Always seem to find a lot of borderline racist comments coming from TV members (closet racists?) whenever there are China-related news. Won't be surprising to find some members here also contribute frequently to Stormfront.

I agree.

Bigotry, prejudice and hate are the nutrition for those that are intellectually and morally starving. I read their posts and move on.

Have you had much interaction with the other side.....

It's great that China are heading towards a moon landing, who'd have thought it that China may yet be the second country to put a man on the moon?

I'm struck by the ingenuity and fearlessness of the Apollo astronauts all those years ago. It's just mind-boggling what America accomplished in the 60's.

Don't think they're landing just yet.

Indeed, though keep in mind they had massive help from the euros, specifically Braun (without whom it couldn't be done), and ploughed billions and billions into it. But, yes, fantastic nonetheless.