British police arrive in Thailand to observe Koh Tao murder probe

webfact

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Scotland Yard loose face big time.

Only allowed to observed, not allowed anything else. Just like any British tourist in Thailand.

You may be surprised. Observing is what proper police do. They do it well too, they may observe someone drop a cigarette butt and being responsible people regarding the environment pick it up. Strange it then goes quietly with a proper custody chain to a proper lab.

They may observe that people mysteriously do not want to talk and others want to talk too much. All grist for the mill.

Then they will put it all together and I think the results will be quietly sent to the Thai government with a polite reminder that these facts could be bought out in an inquest in the UK and such adverse publicity may not occur if the correct thing is done.

All of which violate the law. The UK loses any moral high ground and causes distrust with all other countries.

Only allowed to observed, not allowed anything else. Just like any British tourist in Thailand.

You may be surprised. Observing is what proper police do. They do it well too, they may observe someone drop a cigarette butt and being responsible people regarding the environment pick it up. Strange it then goes quietly with a proper custody chain to a proper lab.

They may observe that people mysteriously do not want to talk and others want to talk too much. All grist for the mill.

Then they will put it all together and I think the results will be quietly sent to the Thai government with a polite reminder that these facts could be bought out in an inquest in the UK and such adverse publicity may not occur if the correct thing is done.

why are u wasting your time talking to him/her

use it for more useful things..as cleaning the toilette or let the cats having shower

All of which violate the law. The UK loses any moral high ground and causes distrust with all other countries.

What law. Thailand still has a criminal code. Please advise which chapter and section of the law you refer to.

Edited by harrry

What law. Thailand still has a criminal code. Please advise which chapter and section of the law you refer to.
Feel free to find JLCrab's profile then scroll down through his posts for the relevant laws

Edit to match your edit

Multiple laws including international and UK

Edited by jdinasia

use it for more useful things..as cleaning the toilette or let the cats having shower

I may have spent too much time teaching retarded people.

• Like 1

THAT is looking like a strong possibility, into the realms of probability even!!

THAT is looking like a strong possibility, into the realms of probability even!!

Vienna Convention on Consular Relations

Article 55

Respect for the laws and regulations of the receiving State

1.Without prejudice to their privileges and immunities, it is the duty of all persons enjoying such privileges and immunities to respect the laws and regulations of the receiving State. They also have a duty not to interfere in the internal affairs of the State.

Also the sending of investigators to Thailand based on a waiver to the above is in full conformance to the FCO and UK Police Chiefs Association 2012 MOU on Murder ... of British Nationals Overseas and could have been initiated by one or both of the deceased's families absent any petition or social media.

Edited by JLCrab

Article 55

1.Without prejudice to their privileges and immunities, it is the duty of all persons enjoying such privileges and immunities to respect the laws and regulations of the receiving State. They also have a duty not to interfere in the internal affairs of the State.

LOL, I just scrolled through the first 54 to find that.

Article 55

Also the sending of investigators to Thailand based on a waiver to the above is in full conformance to the FCO and UK Police Chiefs Association 2012 MOU on Murder ... of British Nationals Overseas and could have been initiated by one or both of the deceased's families absent any petition or social media.

Did you save the link to the FCO 10 questions?

They specifically addressed what the UK officers would be doing and not doing.

Not a figment and answered many times.

Sorry I have not seen these questions answered by you, I am interested to hear your view. As I said people answer your questions, give us your opinion on those questions, it will take 2 minutes.
Actually people don't answer my questions.

Feel free to scroll through posts and find replies.

I am heading out for coffee, then a ride to Khao Yai smile.png

Y'all comeback now.

Yes your right I only joined the site in July but have lived/visited/Worked in Thailand for over 30 years, so you can't judge my experience of the Police or Thailand experiences on my site membership.

We have a business in Thailand and England which has to deal with the Police on occasion and to be honest the RTP are easier to deal with than the Met who seem inadequate in most of our dealings. The RTP whilst not ideal which is true at least will make a decision and try to help from our experience at least. I've also been stopped on quiet a few road blocks by the RTP over the years and by the traffic police although in Chaingmai at least as soon as the window goes down and they see a Farang they usually seem just wave me through, unless there's something glaring I once had my licence retained as the tax on the pick up had run out and we had just flown back after been away, but when I went to the Police station I paid the fine and got it back with my receipt. However, I've never had to bribe or been asked for one. Maybe I am lucky but my experience is as I say so you have to take as you find.

Unfortunately, corruption/ Framing of suspects in the UK Police is still going on and it's not just the odd case here and there. In fact when I was younger the word of a Police officer in court was universally accepted and you never wanted to be up against one, sadly even the judiciary seem to cast doubt on the truthfulness now and many occasions are reported in the press.

From my experience in other countries the lower the pay and conditions the police are employed under the more chance of corruption. Furthermore the salary of the UK Police is now quiet low compared in relative terms to what it was in the past so it is likely that the quality is also down, as to the tests to join the bar is much lower than it was. The plus point of the UK Police is at least their uniforms are not two sizes too small :-)

What is professional about seeing you are a farang, and then waving you thru ?

I do love the way you guys who spent a lot of time (according to you) in court, are not happy with the way the police acted.

The average cop in England earns around 32 thousand pounds a year. Which is better than the average wage, and overtime is on top. Plus the chance of promotion.

Instead of saying corruption and frame ups happen in England give us an example.

Your post is just an anti police post with no truth to it what-so-ever.

Hmm you must not read the British press? you must be an ex cop? or a nonse looking for an easy ride back home by been nice to the police?

Here's two cases where the Police lied Plebgate where they framed a government minister (One is in jail already). And they have a long history of it take Hillsborough for example? When they shot Mark Duggan all their evidence from the officers who shot him was almost verbatim as they were allowed to sit and discuss it before they wrote it up? One cop has just been charged with murder over a shooting not far from where I live. I am not anti Police just a realist.

Please expand on your first line. I would like to know how you came to those conclusions.

Which bit exactly?

In fact there is not enough evidence to even try them for murder. No DNA on the hoe, no blood evidence on clothes, no wine bottle that the police DISCLOSED was used to kill. Simply nothing.

The headman and family were on the beach at sun up. Doesn't anyone think that a little odd. There are pics to prove this.

In fact there is not enough evidence to even try them for murder. No DNA on the hoe, no blood evidence on clothes, no wine bottle that the police DISCLOSED was used to kill. Simply nothing.

The headman and family were on the beach at sun up. Doesn't anyone think that a little odd. There are pics to prove this.

Depends if you're asking john and JD or the rest of us ?

No.

It would be odd if the headman wasn't there. In any village in the country it would make sense for the headman to be contacted when any murder occurs much less the double murder of 2 foreigners.

What are the allegations of corruption in the KT murder investigation that the FCO has expressed concern about? Was it the allegation of the B700k allegedly offered to the taxi driver to implicate the footballers in the murders, after he was also allegedly beaten up, or is the allegation on Thai social media that B120m has been paid or offered to cover up the case?

I would not believe the latter story. If there really was a cover up reaching to the top levels, how could they share out only US$4m between all of them? That wouldn't even buy one decent sized mansion.

It would buy the island.

What are the allegations of corruption in the KT murder investigation that the FCO has expressed concern about? Was it the allegation of the B700k allegedly offered to the taxi driver to implicate the footballers in the murders, after he was also allegedly beaten up, or is the allegation on Thai social media that B120m has been paid or offered to cover up the case?

I would not believe the latter story. If there really was a cover up reaching to the top levels, how could they share out only US$4m between all of them? That wouldn't even buy one decent sized mansion.

It would buy the island.

Sorry Lozza, as much as I am against all of this, $4m is unfortunately still small change IMHO. $4m might get a decent part of one of the beaches (or land fronting it). But that is about it. Too much money to be made from beach front land in tourist destinations.

It would buy the island.

It wouldn't buy a good sized resort on the island, much less the silence of 15000 people.

But since it is just more fiction for the conspiracy theorists it doesn't matter.

It would buy the island.

It wouldn't buy a good sized resort on the island, much less the silence of 15000 people.

But since it is just more fiction for the conspiracy theorists it doesn't matter.

Indeed you are correct

Is one single person surprised by this answer ?

One ?

PM me now regarding personals bets on predicted answers please.

How to hijack a site.

Such a shame ....

As i said before there are a couple of posters on thai visa who are always trying to derail the topics they could be connected to a couple of diving businesess .

There is a certain C.K.K person who has been protecting the owner on In touch resort.

These posters a disgrace and it very much looks like their intentions are to critisize every poster so that the can protect certain figures and interests on the Island .

I hope the good police see right through and investigate them for obstructing this investigation where to young lives were tragically lost.