British police arrive in Thailand to observe Koh Tao murder probe

webfact

What are the allegations of corruption in the KT murder investigation that the FCO has expressed concern about? Was it the allegation of the B700k allegedly offered to the taxi driver to implicate the footballers in the murders, after he was also allegedly beaten up, or is the allegation on Thai social media that B120m has been paid or offered to cover up the case?

I would not believe the latter story. If there really was a cover up reaching to the top levels, how could they share out only US$4m between all of them? That wouldn't even buy one decent sized mansion.

It would buy the island.

It wouldn't buy a good sized resort on the island, much less the silence of 15000 people.

But since it is just more fiction for the conspiracy theorists it doesn't matter.

Bingo! Trash man pay up ! :)

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was the police I'd be asking for a lot more than 120 million baht now. Especially seeing how high profile this case has become. Double or nothing headman..... Maybe there's a limit to how much he will pay to keep his brat out of jail. I hear business ownership has been swapped also. Smart operators these Thai cops when it comes to corruption.

• Like 1

What are the allegations of corruption in the KT murder investigation that the FCO has expressed concern about? Was it the allegation of the B700k allegedly offered to the taxi driver to implicate the footballers in the murders, after he was also allegedly beaten up, or is the allegation on Thai social media that B120m has been paid or offered to cover up the case?

I would not believe the latter story. If there really was a cover up reaching to the top levels, how could they share out only US$4m between all of them? That wouldn't even buy one decent sized mansion.

It would buy the island.

It wouldn't buy a good sized resort on the island, much less the silence of 15000 people.

But since it is just more fiction for the conspiracy theorists it doesn't matter.

Is one single person surprised by this answer ?

One ?

PM me now regarding personals bets on predicted answers please.

How to hijack a site.

Such a shame ....

As i said before there are a couple of posters on thai visa who are always trying to derail the topics they could be connected to a couple of diving businesess .

There is a certain C.K.K person who has been protecting the owner on In touch resort.

These posters a disgrace and it very much looks like their intentions are to critisize every poster so that the can protect certain figures and interests on the Island .

I hope the good police see right through and investigate them for obstructing this investigation where to young lives were tragically lost.

I have said this a million times already.

If it takes you to say it I hope it sinks in mate.

PLEASE can we ignore the posts and stick to topic.

Although I have won a wager here I can't tell you how bored I actually am.

• Like 2

In fact there is not enough evidence to even try them for murder. No DNA on the hoe, no blood evidence on clothes, no wine bottle that the police DISCLOSED was used to kill. Simply nothing.

The headman and family were on the beach at sun up. Doesn't anyone think that a little odd. There are pics to prove this.

No.

It would be odd if the headman wasn't there. In any village in the country it would make sense for the headman to be contacted when any murder occurs much less the double murder of 2 foreigners.

I promised myself I wasn't going to talk to you today-anyway the brothers were there (headman and mon) before the police..mon stayed on when the police arrived looking a little nervy I may add to assist with the crime scene.

Do you find that arrangement a little odd?

In fact there is not enough evidence to even try them for murder. No DNA on the hoe, no blood evidence on clothes, no wine bottle that the police DISCLOSED was used to kill. Simply nothing.

The headman and family were on the beach at sun up. Doesn't anyone think that a little odd. There are pics to prove this.

No.

S

It would be odd if the headman wasn't there. In any village in the country it would make sense for the headman to be contacted when any murder occurs much less the double murder of 2 foreigners.

I promised myself I wasn't going to talk to you today-anyway the brothers were there (headman and mon) before the police..mon stayed on when the police arrived looking a little nervy I may add to assist with the crime scene.

Depends if you you're asking the forum posters in general, or the forum hijackers. Whose opinion you after mate ?

• Like 1

All of this is just going round in circles, most replies saying "source" no new news yet no new info come out so I think we should all calm down till we get some.

Mate people are completely calm.

Two hijackers that we need to all do our best to ignore. That's all.

If you do that you ll be sweet 100%. :)

• Like 1

No.

Lozza mate ! Nuff already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The British police may have been on occasion incompetent , corrupt and subject to political pressure but , and this is the point , the RTP are less professional in all respects by a huge margin. I doubt that any police force in the world has a reputation to equal the Brits so time to cut out the bullxxxx .

Agreed, I've lived in the UK for over 30 years and more recently in Thailand for 10, I know which police force I would rather deal with if this had happened to any of my children! So all this bickering is nonsense and childish when there is such a serious matter at hand

It's not bickering, it's someone naive feeding a disruptive troll.

Or, maybe I'm mistaken. It's possible that JSCM is completely right, the Thai police force is more professional than the British one. It appears not to be the experience of a number of people right here on this forum, who've lived, like you, in both places for, not years, but decades, but--he's told us he has a degree in criminology and long experience in the security business, and that must be true, so who are mere civilians to say otherwise in the face of that unquestionable expertise?

Just writing that out makes me realise I should retract all my prior statements contradicting our newest expert in residence. I stand corrected, please continue your tuition.

There's no need to be sarcastic I am not your new "expert in residence" I was just relaying my personal experience. If you e mail me I will happily send you my details and you can easily check my credentials there's little point in lying.

The problem with the forums is that many people exaggerate their amount of "alleged bribe paying" and issues they claim to have had? I am not saying I am an expert on the RTP but following a couple of discussion with friends today none of them could remember ever having to pay a bribe either or having a bad experience so it's not just me is it. When did you last have an issue with the RTP yourself?

The British Police have recently been severely criticised by many over the missing young girl who's body has just been found in London, and their spokes person claimed they missed the body for 4 weeks which was where they had searched as they 'we're not used to carrying out such a big search' and they also missed the alleged murderer who appears to have hung himself in woods they had searched, so it's not just the RTP who appear to screw up. Significantly, the British Police have far greater resources than the RTP so you would expect them to do better in the real world but sadly resource does not seem to equal result.

Why are you comparing the RTP with British police?

At least the British police admint failures, so that they can better themselves. In addition, the majority of them work with honesty an integrity.

Not like RTP no never admint failures, always excuses, always think they are right. Furthermore, currently! They think they are so smart that no one on this earth think this Koh Tao murser case is a cover up.

The RTP have the resources to catch the murderes. I have seen many of them catch the real culprits in other cases. But! In this Koh Tao murder case,It is obvious that money talks.

My conclusion is that you cannot simply compare the RTP with the Biritsh police. The British police are superior In every single way even in failures as I have stated above. In my perspective I would rather trust the British police who as a reputation of being one of the best police forces in the world than a few idiots(BIB).

No.

Are you an alter ego of JohnThailandJohn? Your posts are just the laugh if the matter were no so serious.

No.

Are you the alter ego of any one of 20 conspiracy theorists?

You add nothing to the discussion.

No.

Are you an alter ego of JohnThailandJohn? Your posts are just the laugh if the matter were no so serious.

No DNA on the Hoe? Was that a typo or are you simply a moron?

Just no DNA on the hoe that supports the RTP story so is conveniently bypassed unless of course the DNA has miraculously changed like so many other things in this crazy story. Amazing Thailand - Amazing Indeed!!!

No.

No.

Sorry I was treating your posts with the humour they deserve. Of course the village headman should be involved - outside the crime scene not in the middle of it. Why would he be in the middle of it!

Now I think the Thai police are really not so smart compared to others but not so dumb as to parade locals who may well be involved in the incident (the day after on a small island before very much evidence was collected), right in the middle of the crime scene. Now if you think that is all normal and above board I will leave you to your rusks and milk.

If you were just having a laugh then apologies for the previous paragraph and I sincerely hope that this is the case. In the alternative you are not a supply teacher are you by any chance?

Edited by timewilltell

No.

No.

'LOL'

Hey, I quoted you!

No.

I find it very odd that he was there. He has nothing to with or can contribute to the investigation. Professional police forced Control crime scene and keep access to the are minimum and only those with a specific task are permitted in. In Australia we don't call out the local councillors to come view a serious crime scene they will read about it in the papers or are briefed by Mayors or premiers of the state who also are not called out to major crime scenes. Local councillors, mayors or premiers have no say in the running of police but it appears in Thailand the police are controlled by the local headman or mafia. No requirement other than to contaminate a crime scene for them to be there.
  • Like 1

That 120m baht is probably nothing but gossip, but on the off chance it's true.... it could buy the silence of quite a few. 120m baht is a lot of money in Thailand. Make no bones about that.

For the local cops and their bosses in Phangan and Surat, yes. But if there really were a cover up going right to the top of the police force and higher it would be chicken feed. But perhaps that is supposed to be just a deposit and installments would need to be maintained for some time which is allegedly how police pay for their posts.