What Business To Start?

macleod101

actually, had the post been in the Business in Thailand section I wouldn´t have said anything. Now that I´m back, htough, I must ask, what kind of success are you gonna be if you don´t even know what you wanna do?

I would have thought establishing what kind of business woudl be a key step in setting up a business.

:o

some might think this crazy, but i've often wondered if a drive-in movie theater would do well here. ok, a lack of vehicles for some, especially country folk, might need to make it a walk-in theater. anyone seen anything like that out there? likely wouldn't cost a lot to set up and the novelty of it might make someone some money in the right situation.

or perhaps i'm just p*ssing into the wind here....

I have seen people asking for "Web designers" can you do that?

just bear in mind that if you have done something sucessfully in your country of origin it does not mean that it will work here.

Making a living here is "Tough" Especially if you are looking to make enough to live here in the standard to which you have become accustomed in your own country.

Many Thai business people are happy if they turn a profit of 10-20k a month..they can live on that.

Could you?

Furniture salvage !For all the falangs that are trying to salvage something from their failed attempts at business and households and the future prospectors.Setup your data base from businesses freshly started and new houses completed and wait for replys.

Open up a place that sells good, quality hamburgers. From what I have read in the Bangkok subforum, everyone will go to it if the burgers are good. Other than that, do you really think people are going to give you a good idea on making money, thus increasing their competition? :o

Furniture salvage !For all the falangs that are trying to salvage something from their failed attempts at business and households and the future prospectors.Setup your data base from businesses freshly started and new houses completed and wait for replys.

Excellent idea. I am always up for a good bargain. :o

have you got any business ideas you care to share that will give you a half decent income?

Develop an energy drink and market it worldwide.

Maybe name it like a big colored animal

Blue Elephant, or white horse or pink buffallo something like that

some might think this crazy, but i've often wondered if a drive-in movie theater would do well here. ok, a lack of vehicles for some, especially country folk, might need to make it a walk-in theater. anyone seen anything like that out there? likely wouldn't cost a lot to set up and the novelty of it might make someone some money in the right situation.

or perhaps i'm just p*ssing into the wind here....

Went to a walk-in last night. They are common in the countryside tho now they come with people selling cars, mobile fones etc.

Good business in Thailand, plastic bags or underwear.

About a year ago I wouldn't have said that bottling lemon juice was a good idea because that's what I had thought of and was keeping schtumm about it.

I saw that in the supermarkets there were shelf upon shelf of all kinds of sauces, vinegars, seasonings, naam pla this and naam pla that etc.etc., and realised that nobody was selling lemon juice in a bottle.

Great! Says I, I've found a niche in the market. Something that locals and farangs would buy and especially restaurant owners.

Sadly, I pondered too long over making something of it and only just recently purchased a small bottle of lemon juice from Tops.

So my dream of being Thailands only lemon juice tycoon has been dashed. I was pipped at the post so to speak.:D

If I find another niche in the market I'll be sure to let you all know immediatley. Or maybe not. :o

have you got any business ideas you care to share that will give you a half decent income?

I know a business you can't do, is to open a bar. so many of them already out there.

No you can open a bar, if you get the right location and dont make it look the same as everyone's, but you will need alot of cash to invest for it too be successfull.

Develop an energy drink and market it worldwide.

Maybe name it like a big colored animal

Blue Elephant, or white horse or pink buffallo something like that

Nah, that's insane. It would never work. I'd grow wings and fly before anybody would try that idea :o:D

My family has had good success in the restaurant business. Key is to make sure you are not under capitalized. Also Location, location, location.

Otherwise, you could always try selling monkeys! Everybody loves a good monkey.

Not everyone.

Totts must hate his cos he's always spanking it :o:D

Monkies are great.

I have seen lemon juice in a bottle before, so nothing new there.

Find something everyone wants and nobody else does or can find.....I know..a pizzaeria on an island with no key money deals...and use that happy backy as a garnish instead of oregano leaves.

Monkies are great.

I have seen lemon juice in a bottle before, so nothing new there.

Where exactly did you see it? Thai or foreign brand?

It seemed to be as rare as banana juice. :o

Edited by Gazza

I know a business you can't do, is to open a bar. so many of them already out there.

No you can open a bar, if you get the right location and dont make it look the same as everyone's, but you will need alot of cash to invest for it too be successfull.

He could buy a bar and take the roof off it and call it a 'topless bar'. Ought to get a few suckers in. :o

Counselling service for banned TV members

Traffic advisory bureau

corruption exchange - (cut out the middleman)

clog manufacturer ( good export prospects to Holland)

sandwich boxes for jailed election commissioners

Pogo sticks for the poor - (to bounce over the fences at drive in movies).

There's few to ponder over, while I think of some more million Baht making ideas. :o

Here's serious suggestion. This would work in Pattaya, and it might work in other places like Phuket, and Koh Samui.

Set up a company with English speaking staff who can provide 24/7 assistance to farang home owners/renters who need electricians, plumbers, and other house maintenance people. I reckon if the service was good, and the workers knew their stuff, then you could charge quite high rates and clean up. There is a huge demand for this kind of thing in Pattaya.

But it would have to be a very good, professional service.