Parents say their sons are innocent but beaten to confess

Lite Beer

Actually this is just the one of many instances where you have suggested the police did not say the DNA matched the semen. And once again, I show you that you are wrong (unless you think all the news sources including CNN mentioned above are lying) and once again you try to shift the debate. I expect more of the same from you tomorrow including once again suggesting police never said the semen matched their DNA.

CNN was merely quoting a Thai policeman!! Doesn't exactly make it the truth of the decade!!coffee1.gif

• Like 2

I recall the RTP claiming that there was a DNA match. I don't recall reading anywhere that they said they matched the suspects's DNA to the semen found in the victim.

And I recall already providing you numerous links where they stated it was matched to the semen. I will provide you one more since you seem determined not to read the news about this case on your own as this has been reported in many news sites.

Police Commissioner Gen. Somyot Poompanmuang told CNN that DNA in semen taken from Witheridge matched samples taken from the two men. http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/02/world/asia/thailand-murders/

So, like the rest of us, you are basing your conclusions on what's being reported in the press as said by the RTP?

Actually this is just the one of many instances where you have suggested the police did not say the DNA matched the semen. And once again, I show you that you are wrong (unless you think all the news sources including CNN mentioned above are lying) and once again you try to shift the debate. I expect more of the same from you tomorrow including once again suggesting police never said the semen matched their DNA.

May I also remind you that altering my post to the extent that it alters the content of it, is against forum rules? If that was not your intention, then take a leaf out of my book. Quote the entire post, copy and paste the part that you wish to counter in your own post (just make sure that it is obvious that you are referring to that part of it - in my case, I always italicized it, put it in bold and inside inverted commas).

• Like 1

We want the truth!!

Until then... BOYCOT KOH TAO!

You're absolutely right everyone should boycott Thailand until the truth is revealed. That should go for all the expats ... time they stopped moaning about things and took action by leaving.

I am quite happy with my life in Thailand. I plan on visiting KT on my next long break from work to visit friends.

You are welcome to stay away though.

Don´t forget to eat a pancake

and have a good laugh with Mon at suree beach

Yeah JDIA, go to Koh Tao, and if you get ripped off (tip: be sure to rent a motorbike and give them your passport) you can get all legalistic and self-righteous about it like here. See if you end up JDOA.

We want the truth!!

You're absolutely right everyone should boycott Thailand until the truth is revealed. That should go for all the expats ... time they stopped moaning about things and took action by leaving.

I am quite happy with my life in Thailand. I plan on visiting KT on my next long break from work to visit friends.

You are welcome to stay away though.

Don´t forget to eat a pancake

and have a good laugh with Mon at suree beach

Yeah JDIA, go to Koh Tao, and if you get ripped off (tip: be sure to rent a motorbike and give them your passport) you can get all legalistic and self-righteous about it like here. See if you end up JDOA.

I am not stupid enough to give my passport to strangers. I will leave that to you.

I also leave the self righteous shtick to you :)

I have wheels available to me on KT.. No need to rent. If you had friends (ever) you might have similar luck :)

Everybody forgets that DNA evidence only proves they are connected to the the victim it does not prove they have commited the crime

Their semen was in one of the victims.

Show the link to this info, I've never seen it.

Otherwise it's as shameful of you to spread unverified info of this kind.

Show us the link.

CNN was merely quoting a Thai policeman!! Doesn't exactly make it the truth of the decade!!coffee1.gif

best to not honour guys like JTJ with responses, he doesn't know better and will not learn a bit... let him speak to himself and "his friend"... waste of time and bandwidth otherwise... ;)

• Like 2

Everybody forgets that DNA evidence only proves they are connected to the the victim it does not prove they have commited the crime

Show the link to this info, I've never seen it.

Otherwise it's as shameful of you to spread unverified info of this kind.

Show us the link.

JTJ has posted the link

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/02/world/asia/thailand-murders/

It is a damning announcement (I won't go as far as to say it's damning evidence as it has not yet been proved) but then again, no less damning that this

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

• Like 1

John you sure rely on thoughts contained within the box. How do you KNOW their semen was in one of the victims? Have you tested it yourself? shock1.gif

Good to see a number of people bringing this up.

I've been following this closely and have seen no actual report stating what JTJ says like it's fact.

JTJ, <deleted> and go away.

Fine, we can read all about this the next time there's a fake terrorist attack. Or maybe they will give insight into your conspiratorial beliefs about the case.

You may think labelling people in derogatory ways and dismissing their well-founded beliefs (as you only have beliefs since no one was there) about this case will work since there are indeed some gullible people here who will listen to your BS, but fortunately you're wrong.

Your views are about to get tossed on the ash-heap of history, not that that will discourage you.

• Like 1

And I recall already providing you numerous links where they stated it was matched to the semen. I will provide you one more since you seem determined not to read the news about this case on your own as this has been reported in many news sites.

Police Commissioner Gen. Somyot Poompanmuang told CNN that DNA in semen taken from Witheridge matched samples taken from the two men. http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/02/world/asia/thailand-murders/

So, like the rest of us, you are basing your conclusions on what's being reported in the press as said by the RTP?

Yet another (failed) attempt at deflection, JTJ. In my original post, I said that I recalled the RTP claiming there was a match. I also said that I did not recall reading where they said there was a match to the semen. That is very different from suggesting that the police said they did not say bla bla bla.

Problem is this is something you have stated many times and have been shown you are wrong and either have not followed the news on this case or are purposely trying to spread falsehoods.

You specifically said once again "I don't recall reading anywhere that they said they matched the suspects's DNA to the semen found in the victim."

Please stop deflecting and address why you keep saying this after being shown repeatedly for probably a week or more they did state this. And how could you miss such a big fact in this case if you know anything about what is being reported and keep suggesting the two are being railroaded???? Clearly this seems like a perfect example of folks closing their eyes to support ridiculous theories based on sheer speculation which involves needing to ignore reality or assume a vast conspiracy is taking place between many people and agencies.

I am trying to stay very on topic with what were are discussing above. No reason to keep going on about other things, lets stay focused and stop deflecting by accusing somebody else of deflecting.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Pretty much what I expected the FCO to say. They can't say '' We're like Dirty Harry. We ignore all the rules but get the job done. If they mess us about we'll threaten them with the prospect of a few of HM's gunboats''. This is not TV land.

However, one sentence did stand out from the norm. I'm not sure if it was just a slip of the tongue, but here it is..

''We want to see the perpetrators of this crime brought to justice and we have asked the Thai authorities to keep our Embassy in Bangkok closely informed on their investigation.''

Investigation? I thought that was all done and dusted?

Edited by Fatty123
  • Like 1

No matter the kind of Torture i am receiving, i cannot confess to the crime i did not commit.

You really believe that?

I don't

Me too, I don't believe;

U can ask that question to some " red people" who were catched by the royal thai army after the Coup ;

all they were tortured and all they confess to have killed the pope of Rome and Barrack_Obama , too .tongue.png

This may answer some questions regarding the endless speculation on the role of the British Police in the case.

In the news now .... FCO answers questions about the current role of British Officers here on the case.

Wow...just wow.... if this is not a criticism of the investigations to date, I don't know what is. It is very clear (and one does not need to have a magnifying glass to read between the lines) that the British goverment does not believe in anything that the RTP has "unearthed" so far (well, except maybe for a few visually challenged posters).

Well it's pretty obvious who the thai schills are. Don't respond to them, it gives them a forum space. They ignore the real questions, headmans son won't give DNA and the Burmese boys were cleared immediately on DNA , there are pics of them in line.

• Like 1

Well it's pretty obvious who the thai schills are. Don't respond to them, it gives them a forum space. They ignore the real questions, headmans son won't give DNA and the Burmese boys were cleared immediately on DNA , there are pics of them in line.

For about the 50th time, the two charged in this case had never had their DNA tested prior to the match... explained both on numerous times on this board and in the press and by the police. How do you make such comments about the case when you seem to know so little about it?

Not to mention police already wasted enough time investigating the headman's son because of rumor and it turned out he was not even on the island at the time and was in Bangkok.

A post has been removed.

Forum rule 1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.*
Discussion of the Lese Majeste law or Lese Majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family.

• Like 1

No matter the kind of Torture i am receiving, i cannot confess to the crime i did not commit.

You really believe that?

I don't

Me too, I don't believe;

U can ask that question to some " red people" who were catched by the royal thai army after the Coup ;

all they were tortured and all they confess to have killed the pope of Rome and Barrack_Obama , too .tongue.png

I think everyone has a limit ....

You really believe that?

I don't

Me too, I don't believe;

I think everyone has a threshold of what they can tolerate but lets not forget when these two first met with lawyers, embassy officials and human rights group privately they did tell them too they were guilty but that they were abused and/or threatened to confess.

Just because your rights are violated doesn't mean the confession is not true, it means it is inadmissible because it can and should be suspect and police need to be discouraged from these types of practices to solve the case.

With that said, the two didn't appear injured at the reenactment just a couple days later and the statements from their lawyers to date seem to indicate more threats than actual torture. The police have also stated they were examined by doctors prior to questioning and after. Obviously they did this because they knew there would be this suspicion based sadly on their reputation.

See this for this link for the torture they claim to have endured: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/771171-parents-say-their-sons-are-innocent-but-beaten-to-confess/page-17#entry8583987

For about the 50th time, the two charged in this case had never had their DNA tested prior to the match... explained both on numerous times on this board and in the press and by the police. How do you make such comments about the case when you seem to know so little about it?

Not to mention police already wasted enough time investigating the headman's son because of rumor and it turned out he was not even on the island at the time and was in Bangkok.

If that were the case, why did he not let them check his DNA?

We want the truth!!

A completely stupid post. If they are guitly what will you say then. "Oh people I was wrong, my appologies to all the good operaters of guest houses and hotels for the last twenty years, my bad". Social media is faceless and yet powerful. For sure pressure the BIB, but I think it's pretty pathetic to add salt to the wounds of innocent business owners and operators surely suffering in the shadow of this horid event.

Most of the "innocent" business operators on Koh Tao wouldn't dare say a thing against the village chief. He who has the most money is the most right! Besides, they dont' have a dog in this fight...

I know I will never step on Koh Tao again.

It was not rumor their is CCTV footage of the headman's son on the island on the night of the murder.