Parents say their sons are innocent but beaten to confess

Lite Beer

Koh Tao murders: Thai police threatened to burn my son alive

KOH Samui: -- The father of one of the detained suspects in the Koh Tao murder case has told DVB that at their family reunion this afternoon, his son told him that he and his friend confessed to rape and murder only after Thai interrogators threatened to kill them, and that they did not commit the alleged crimes.

Htun Htun Htike, the father of Win Zaw Htun, said, My son and his friend [Zaw Lin] told me that they were subjected to physical torture by the Thai police and their translator.

The interrogators told them to confess to the crime, and threatened to cut off their limbs, put them in a bag, and dump them in a river if they did not.

The police also threatened to tie the two boys to a tire, pour petrol on it, and set it alight, he told DVBs Aye Nai in an exclusive interview on Friday.

Read More: https://www.dvb.no/news/koh-tao-murders-thai-police-threatened-to-burn-my-son-alive-burma-myanmar-thailand-koh-samui/45369

--DVB 2014-10-25

So happy I don't live there anymore. So many dangers just under the surface.

Utterly corrupt ever where. The police are some of the most stupid on the planet.

Everything thailand has to offer is a facade.

Even within the family unit they steal and lie with each other.

The educated class think they are educated but most of them have cheated their way through university.

The universities themselves are not worth the ground they are on.

A disgraceful society.

Quite frankly, with your lopsided very biased generalizations of Thailand, I'm happy you don't live here too.

Wouldn't want Thais to generalize and think all foreigners share your views.

• Like 2

There are plenty of Thai people that think that the Thai police are framing it on the two Burmese.

They say that the way they see the police handling it has all the signs of making those two the scapegoats

for the actual, more connected, culprit, who they think is part of a powerful influential family there,

buddies with that guy that spent many months on the streets of Bangkok and has currently turned to monk hood.

Should add that they also feel sorry for the two.

• Like 2

Any more news on the son of the mafia guy?

You won't hear much about him, the village headman I'm sure has paid handsomely for his not being in the news. The person I want to know about is the bloody pommy, I think friend of the murdered couple, who fled the island in a big hurry and was leaving Thailand also, but remember he had the pants with blood on them, stashed in a bag, as not to be found by the cops or anyone else, did they ever do DNA on that blood, they said they interrogated him again, and he had major flaws in his testimony, Where is he now????coffee1.gif

He is uploading songs on YouTube, his rebuttal actually made me change my mind on his involvement, still the cut on his arm....from a Motorbike accident? C'mon!

On the other hand WHY did the AC bar not release the footage when he was covered in blood (on that night as they stated) and was cleaned by an AC employee to help him wash it off. Rather strange, also why did it take him so long to wash off the blood on his guitar? And why was he allowed to leave so quickly?

Krenjai and Pundi6446, you guys are confusing issues. Pundi - i guess you haven't followed the news - The friend, the blood stained pants - the pants were stained with mud, the pants were put in his bag by a cop, and they never said anything about flaws in his testimony, he had wounds on him that were seen in pictures alongside David days before the murder. This was all cleared up weeks ago.

Krenjai, the guy you are talking about is Sean Mcanna, different guy, although he is highly suspicious, in that the police sent him packing quickly.

• Like 1

Look at those simple people. Have they brought up their sons to become rapists and murderers??

I refuse to believe it.

Please keep posting, so the two guys (together with Hannah and David) are never forgotten!!

no parents have, children can change into anything regardless of how they are brought up, what a silly remark

• Like 1

I believe the threat to burn these boys. I am a partner in a resort up North and one night 12 [repeat twelve] cops came in after the restaurant was closed and demanded food. When we told them the kitchen was closed they said they would burn the place down if we did not comply.

Not one of those 12 was decent enough to suggest they do not bother us.

Should've told them you want to throw a dozen pigs on that barbecue

John Thailand John.

I just gotta confirm something.

You are satisfied with the evidence released by the Police. You have absolutely no reason to doubt them, whether it be for this shaky case or the reputation they have built up as a whole.

I have gone through my life with a healthy contempt of conspiracy theories. I have lived in Thailand for 13 years. There is an enormous shadow of a doubt in this case. Most things start as 'RUMOURS' until they are corroborated. The Police won't corroborate. So these remain rumours for now. It seems like the whole country is abuzzz with rumours.

You say that conspiracy theorists jump from one point to the next when something is disproven. Thats true. But seems like the Police have been doing the same thing, changing the points that have been picked out.

The fact that a forensic pathologist was never used at the crime scene and that members of the public, some that were later suspects, were all over the scene suggests the DNA evidence may be useless, tampered with. The Police have tampered with evidence in the past.

Do you think the Thai Police don't beat suspects? Being seen earlier in the evening near the scene is damning evidence?

Why do I bother? You are going to deflect somehow, ignoring all of this and I can't be bothered wasting my time making this post more comprehensive.

You are welcome to your opinion mate, I just don't fully understand why you are so vehemently convinced of it.

I'll admit that I can't know for sure the Burmen didn't do it, but everything surrounding this case makes it so highly doubtful.

But you seem so sure.

My God' have you been to confession. First decent lierature you've hit this topic with since it started. Nice to see you may have a concious ....... clap2.gif

You won't hear much about him, the village headman I'm sure has paid handsomely for his not being in the news. The person I want to know about is the bloody pommy, I think friend of the murdered couple, who fled the island in a big hurry and was leaving Thailand also, but remember he had the pants with blood on them, stashed in a bag, as not to be found by the cops or anyone else, did they ever do DNA on that blood, they said they interrogated him again, and he had major flaws in his testimony, Where is he now????coffee1.gif

He is uploading songs on YouTube, his rebuttal actually made me change my mind on his involvement, still the cut on his arm....from a Motorbike accident? C'mon!

On the other hand WHY did the AC bar not release the footage when he was covered in blood (on that night as they stated) and was cleaned by an AC employee to help him wash it off. Rather strange, also why did it take him so long to wash off the blood on his guitar? And why was he allowed to leave so quickly?

Krenjai and Pundi6446, you guys are confusing issues. Pundi - i guess you haven't followed the news - The friend, the blood stained pants - the pants were stained with mud, the pants were put in his bag by a cop, and they never said anything about flaws in his testimony, he had wounds on him that were seen in pictures alongside David days before the murder. This was all cleared up weeks ago.

Krenjai, the guy you are talking about is Sean Mcanna, different guy, although he is highly suspicious, in that the police sent him packing quickly.

It's true. I recall the police statement that the police had planted those pants in Chris wares suitcase by mistake.

Write home about that one and see how many laughs you get.

Sean - was wither dead or out if the picture very quickly. You will never get the actual real deal from Sean. No matter what he says.

It's obvious that there are Thai plants on this forum, from reading some of the responses. I am not surprised they are trying to do damage control. I don't believe a Falang can be so obviously naive to state some of the idiotic and pathetic posts. So be aware people. They are reading this too.

I think you will find most Thais are fully aware of what is happening and they are probably more hateful of BIB than most foreigners are.

Anybody who cannot see through this whole charade has to be off their rocker. This is not a Thai/farang thing. Its a right/wrong thing.

There are more holes in this case than Gruyere cheese.

I believe that 95% of ALL people on here just want to see justice served and have the guilty parties brought to justice to pay for their crimes.

If it is these Burmese then so be it, but on the balance of evidence shown and the total cock up by the BIB, I find it very unlikely,

To add weight to your comment about Thais being aware. The subject of the murders was brought up by local Thais when they asked me what I thought. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that the folks in Issan were interested in events unfolding.

With regard to the Burmese accused, the word they used was แพะรับบาป (pair rap barp). My translation app says this means scapegoat/fall guy.

IMO 'more hateful of BIB' is a bit strong.

OK! You are right on this one!

Apart from all the obvious dubious evidence eg contaminated beach/crime scene I wonder how admissible the so-called confessions are in a court of law. I say this because even though the 2 accused confessed, were they fully aware of what they were confessing to?. There has been a big problem with the differences in language, and even the alleged illegal immigrant Myanmar roti seller has been discredited, being of different dialect and political persuasion.

Were the RTP so persuasive that they succeeded in nobtaining a confession to rape and murder, when the accused thought they were signing a confession involving the riding of a motor bike without a crash helmet? What language were the confessions written in? Is there any record/evidence of this on show anywhere?

Doesn't anyone remember how in the recent movie OLDBOY was framed for the murder of his ex-wife?

They extracted semen from oldboy while they had him confined. They then raped his ex wife with a foreign object and implanted oldboy's semen into her coochy after they murdered her. Police did a DNA check and bingo, oldboy was pegged for the murder.

Now, don't you think the rtp know how to get a couple of scared young guys to give up their semen? TiT gents, TiT.

No matter the kind of Torture i am receiving, i cannot confess to the crime i did not commit.

Mate I'd confess to anything.

Young boys not speaking the language a rohinga ready to join in with the torture games

In a so called safe house. Seriously you wouldn't have confessed? Get off if mate.

• Like 1

I used to live som years in Thailand, on Koh Phangan actually.
I still have local friends and contacts there, so i thought i just asked a bit around.

It seems everybody "know" the Burmese is setup and its obviously also s public known "secret" who did it.
Of course this is just "talk", but never the less its scary that a whole community is aware and/or convinced that something terrible is going on.

• Like 1

John Thailand John.

I just gotta confirm something.

You are satisfied with the evidence released by the Police. You have absolutely no reason to doubt them, whether it be for this shaky case or the reputation they have built up as a whole.

I have gone through my life with a healthy contempt of conspiracy theories. I have lived in Thailand for 13 years. There is an enormous shadow of a doubt in this case. Most things start as 'RUMOURS' until they are corroborated. The Police won't corroborate. So these remain rumours for now. It seems like the whole country is abuzzz with rumours.

You say that conspiracy theorists jump from one point to the next when something is disproven. Thats true. But seems like the Police have been doing the same thing, changing the points that have been picked out.

The fact that a forensic pathologist was never used at the crime scene and that members of the public, some that were later suspects, were all over the scene suggests the DNA evidence may be useless, tampered with. The Police have tampered with evidence in the past.

Do you think the Thai Police don't beat suspects? Being seen earlier in the evening near the scene is damning evidence?

Why do I bother? You are going to deflect somehow, ignoring all of this and I can't be bothered wasting my time making this post more comprehensive.

You are welcome to your opinion mate, I just don't fully understand why you are so vehemently convinced of it.

I'll admit that I can't know for sure the Burmen didn't do it, but everything surrounding this case makes it so highly doubtful.

But you seem so sure.

My God' have you been to confession. First decent lierature you've hit this topic with since it started. Nice to see you may have a concious ....... clap2.gif

Are you talking to me?

EDIT - Maybe you are short sighted. I wrote the name JTJ at the top as I was addressing the post to him. I think you'll find I've been making some of the more coherent posts on the topic mate

Edited by Rykbanlor
  • Like 1

No matter the kind of Torture i am receiving, i cannot confess to the crime i did not commit.

Mate I'd confess to anything.

Young boys not speaking the language a rohinga ready to join in with the torture games

In a so called safe house. Seriously you wouldn't have confessed? Get off if mate.

What are you on about, you are obviously talking to Rambo thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I thought there was NO DNA evidence on the bodies due to condoms being used, and that the DNA were from discarded cigarette butts (if I remember what I read while the investigation was ongoing). So is there DNA evidence on the bodies? I would think it should have still been on the bodies when they reached the UK, but I have not heard of anything done in regards to DNA tests by UK officials. Cigarette butts can be replaced -- if that was where the DNA was. I also remember a taxi driver coming forward because the police offered him 700,000 to fabricate evidence (eyewitness reports) - just before these two were arrested. I am also suspicious that they did not call in expert pathologists on such a high profile crime. Those are the questions I want laid to rest before I trust this police investigation.

Yes, the parents are correct in saying their sons are innocent, and incorrect in saying they feel the Thai system will grant their sons justice. The jig is up. The cards have been played. The police have already made up their minds, and I suspect so has the judge. Life in prison is a reasonable thing to expect in this case. But, the unfortunate part, is the sentence will be imposed on the wrong guys. They are innocent as the day is long. The swine families are being protected.

They recanted. The punishment will likely be death

This message was posted on facebook a few days ago.... makes sense..........

A massage from Koh Tao Burmese community

First of all, Thanks a million to CSI LA and fellow Thai friends for standing up for the Justice.

Some Burmese people in Koh Tao whispered that the murder was not happened on the beach, it was happened in the guest house where British couple were staying.

According to them, Nomsod and his fellow gangsters have harassed and molested the British girl in AC Bar and got fight with the girl, when the British girl has gone back to the guest house after fight, they followed and killed the boyfriend, raped the girl and killed her too. Altogether 5 people, Nomsod and 4 Thai Gangsters (one of them was rumored as a Thai policeman) who worked for his father were involved in the murder. After the murder, they carried the bodies to the beach which is 50 meters away from the guest house, staged as a couple were having sex on the beach and killed on the beach.

Two Burmese boys accused were also workers of one of Nomsod's father's businesses on the island, and they were playing a guitar on the beach when Nomsod and his gangsters carrying bodies, and Burmese workers were also asked to helped them carry the bodies too. Two Burmese have to do it because they scared of Nomsod and his gang and his father too. Which mean their DNA can be found on the bodies too. Which make them a perfect scapegoats.

The whole Koh Tao community knows about what really happened that night but everybody were scared of Nomsod's family and their gangsters and also the police thus nobody dare to speak out, Koh Tao Burmese were saying its not a secret that Nomsod family is making millions of bath for Thai police every month from many different illegal businesses on the island, and this case too, there was also a rumor that every Thai policeman involved in this case were already bribed handsomely by the Nomsod family.

The whole point of a message is to inform the Scotland Yard Police to focus on Nomsad and his thugs, AC Bar, Guest House, Sperm DNA inside the British Girl's womb and find a match. Not to trust on the 'murdered on the beach' fairy tale and tempered evidences and CCTVs on the whole island that are under the Nomsod's family influence.

Holy shit dude. Maybe hearsay, but I did wonder if the 2 boys had somehow been implicated in some way or other.

• Like 1

Look at those simple people. Have they brought up their sons to become rapists and murderers??

I refuse to believe it.

Please keep posting, so the two guys (together with Hannah and David) are never forgotten!!

Does any parent bring their children up to be ?

Did the parents of Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and all those serial killers that materialized bring their offspring up to become so evil?

Of course not.

You can believe whatever you want. My dear old mum believed you shouldn't vote for a politician whose eyes were to close together, made then look dishonest she thought. Each to their own.

Point being, parents aren't always responsible for the actions of the their offspring, certainly not when the kids are adults, living away from home.

Too much speculation has led to some becoming convinced who is guilty and who are innocent based on nothing but words and stories.

Do you have any actual evidence that the 2 suspects didn't do it, or were not in some way involved?

The actual evidence has to be judged as beyond reasonable doubt to convict. It works both ways. The RTP has to provide this (satisfactory evidence) to the prosecutor for the case to go to trial. None of us have any 'actual' evidence to say they did or didn't or were or were not involved, that's clear.

What the majority of posters are questioning are the many contradictory reports by the RTP posted in the media. I would suggest that's plenty of circumstantial evidence to weaken the RTP's case. The one outstanding aspect that has not been mentioned outside this forum is the motive for the brutal murders. I would expect the Brit police to already have identified the killer's likely profile - in layman's terms, a crime of passion; in this case rage/rejection are likely candidates re the female victim. Nothing I have read or seen in the reenactment indicates that the B2 had this motivation, only (as alleged) lust. That's my opinion - and I accept I could be wrong.

You start off well - none of us know the real evidence, only what's been reported and expanded. The prosecutor, I assume, basis the decision to prosecute based on the likely chance of a conviction. That's his/her job - to secure a conviction, not to decide the verdict. Thailand don't use trial by jury. Judges make a decision based on the evidence, their understanding and interpretation of that evidence and applying the law as they see it. Not sure if the concept of "beyond reasonable doubt" is applied or even exists as such.

There are indeed many contradictions in this case. Most have been instigated and fueled by unprofessional police who were totally out of their depth, and all too willing to mouth off for 5 mins of fame - homosexual jealous farang lover being one of the more silly examples. Add to that the usual standard of Thai reporting and the habit of every man and his dog wanting to see the crime scene and wandering around the mess is understandable. Social media jockeys and professional do-gooders can then whip this up, often for their own ends. People then believe what they want, rather than wait for the evidence.

You then do the same. Quote speculation. Crime of passion, rejection and jealous rage - all leading to a "suspect" many have decided must have done it, simply because they'd love that to be the answer. Profiling the murderer - probably more than one don't you think? Especially as 2 DNA samples were (allegedly) found in the female victim. The pictures were horrific - but could as easily been because those responsible were out of their minds on booze and or drugs. Or maybe they have split personalities; or the violent nature is just hidden under the surface. Do you watch Criminal Minds on TV?

None of us know, that is for sure. We all have our opinions. But, unlike you, many can't accept they may be wrong. That they, through some inherent special skill, know exactly what happened, who did it, and what's gone on since.

Thank you. The highlighted passage leads me very nicely to my next speculation, which also could be wrong. A gang of at least three, possibly high on drugs as you suggest, committed the crimes, but with one main butcher of the female victim. RTP earlier reports of a third unidentified DNA have been hushed up, or disregarded. Another inconsistency.

Why?

On the basis of probability that young Asian men tend to act together when seeking revenge/retribution. If you have lived in e.g.Thailand for some time I'm sure that you recognise this gang pattern has occurred time and time again.

Don't you see, the B2 profiles just don't fit this pattern. The only report on them relating to drugs, detailed 3 beers and a pack of fags - hardly enough to induce a state of 'out of their minds'. I would suggest any reasonable person would agree that the savageness of the brutality was exceptional.

• Like 2

Yes, the parents are correct in saying their sons are innocent, and incorrect in saying they feel the Thai system will grant their sons justice. The jig is up. The cards have been played. The police have already made up their minds, and I suspect so has the judge. Life in prison is a reasonable thing to expect in this case. But, the unfortunate part, is the sentence will be imposed on the wrong guys. They are innocent as the day is long. The swine families are being protected.

They recanted. The punishment will likely be death

This message was posted on facebook a few days ago.... makes sense..........

A massage from Koh Tao Burmese community

First of all, Thanks a million to CSI LA and fellow Thai friends for standing up for the Justice.

Some Burmese people in Koh Tao whispered that the murder was not happened on the beach, it was happened in the guest house where British couple were staying.

According to them, Nomsod and his fellow gangsters have harassed and molested the British girl in AC Bar and got fight with the girl, when the British girl has gone back to the guest house after fight, they followed and killed the boyfriend, raped the girl and killed her too. Altogether 5 people, Nomsod and 4 Thai Gangsters (one of them was rumored as a Thai policeman) who worked for his father were involved in the murder. After the murder, they carried the bodies to the beach which is 50 meters away from the guest house, staged as a couple were having sex on the beach and killed on the beach.

Two Burmese boys accused were also workers of one of Nomsod's father's businesses on the island, and they were playing a guitar on the beach when Nomsod and his gangsters carrying bodies, and Burmese workers were also asked to helped them carry the bodies too. Two Burmese have to do it because they scared of Nomsod and his gang and his father too. Which mean their DNA can be found on the bodies too. Which make them a perfect scapegoats.

The whole Koh Tao community knows about what really happened that night but everybody were scared of Nomsod's family and their gangsters and also the police thus nobody dare to speak out, Koh Tao Burmese were saying its not a secret that Nomsod family is making millions of bath for Thai police every month from many different illegal businesses on the island, and this case too, there was also a rumor that every Thai policeman involved in this case were already bribed handsomely by the Nomsod family.

The whole point of a message is to inform the Scotland Yard Police to focus on Nomsad and his thugs, AC Bar, Guest House, Sperm DNA inside the British Girl's womb and find a match. Not to trust on the 'murdered on the beach' fairy tale and tempered evidences and CCTVs on the whole island that are under the Nomsod's family influence.

You must have missed that this was presented on tvf already and was shot to smithereens.

I wouldn't get lost in this red herring again. But up to you ! :)

• Like 1

I believe the threat to burn these boys. I am a partner in a resort up North and one night 12 [repeat twelve] cops came in after the restaurant was closed and demanded food. When we told them the kitchen was closed they said they would burn the place down if we did not comply.

Not one of those 12 was decent enough to suggest they do not bother us.

Sorry to single you out mate but c'mon where's your brain?

We started off with them claiming they were slapped and as the dasy go by anyone can see they're making it up as they go along.

These are serious allegations but these 2 failed to ,memtion it in several conversations until now. Duh!!! must have slipped their minds

They are lying through their teeth IMO adviced by lawyers to try and get as much public support ass possible and people like you are falling for it

We want the truth!!

Until then... BOYCOT KOH TAO!

You're absolutely right everyone should boycott Thailand until the truth is revealed. That should go for all the expats ... time they stopped moaning about things and took action by leaving.

I am quite happy with my life in Thailand. I plan on visiting KT on my next long break from work to visit friends.

You are welcome to stay away though.

Don´t forget to eat a pancake

and have a good laugh with Mon at suree beach

Edited by MikePhuket1970
  • Like 1

Typical police interrogation in Thailand, a thai friend of mine was also submitted to similar threats years ago....after a dispute over a trafficaccident, he didn´t want to pay upfront.....he wanted a legal process....and ended up in jail......of course !!! He was threatened in a bad way....and they wanted bribes ass well to lessen the charges......Thaliand is a third World country and will remain so until they CLEAN up their act, !

Who will CLEAN-UP this otherwise fantastic country ???? Anyone ?? Suggestions ???

• Like 2

Looks like no comments from the parents on their son's DNA matching the semen found in one of the victims. Also no comments about how they may have been forced to participate by a rich Thai.

Let it go to trial ... they have lots of lawyers and groups looking out for them as well as media who have put the case under a microscope.

Totally agree.

I am not taken in by all the accusations, rumours and hearsay, I am waiting with interest to see how this case concludes. As you rightly say with common sense, the lads have a lot of support plus this is receiving worldwide attention, now even the boys in blue are on the scene.

As the wise man says; it will all come out in the wash and cannot be easily whitewashed over. I am convinced the truth is out there and all will be eventually revealed and until that happens I am reserving my judgements.

• Like 1

On thinking about the UK police arrival. I think one of their main jobs has been stated as checking the DNA, but...

The Burmese boys originally first had their DNA taken early on and were not found to match (not arrested) as the BIB went after wild leads and foreigner (deceased friend) etc. So, I fear this early DNA that was taken and was used by the police to find patsies and then then use their collected DNA to plant on the victim's body - probably just the girls who was raped. That would mean that before the bodies were returned to UK, the Burmese DNA was where it would need to be for a later conviction and if the UK do any checking it will match. The UK need to concentrate on finding and ruling in any other DNA present and getting some DNA of the alledged murderer (bar owner's son) to see if they can rule him/other(s) in and certainly not agree just because (if) the DNA in Hannah matches the Burmese.

If the bodies were not returned to UK before the first early DNA collections on the Island when it is reported the 2 Burmese boys were tested and no match found, then the DNA evidence could have been planted for later confirmation of guilt from testing the bodies in the UK and thought to be proof? aimho

Twix Fully agree, the DNA tests seem to make little sense. I presume the DNA sample taken from Hannah was in the form of sperm, that being so,

unless they have taken a sperm sample off the boys the UK police could test that.

The boys will know if and when they had to supply a sample

I refuse to believe it.

They must be innocent!! (simple people don't raise murderers) Hallelujah!

Typical police interrogation in Thailand, a thai friend of mine was also submitted to similar threats years ago....after a dispute over a trafficaccident, he didn´t want to pay upfront.....he wanted a legal process....and ended up in jail......of course !!! He was threatened in a bad way....and they wanted bribes ass well to lessen the charges......Thaliand is a third World country and will remain so until they CLEAN up their act, !

Who will CLEAN-UP this otherwise fantastic country ???? Anyone ?? Suggestions ???

Its been done before :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_enforcement_in_Georgia_(country)