Pattaya Police Arrest Thai-Laotian lady boy Pickpocketing Gang

Rimmer

Pattaya Police Arrest Thai-Laotian lady boy Pickpocketing Gang

292.jpg
Pattaya police have arrested suspicious looking Thai-Laotian lady boys that might part of a pickpocket gang that target tourists on Pattaya beach road.

PATTAYA – October 24, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; at 4.00 a.m., a specific team of special suppression police of Pattaya city police station, Chonburi province, leaded by Pol.Capt. Netithorn Rattanasuchanan (Deputy Inspector) had mobilized forces of police teams to crack down on gangs of lady boys that assembled together in order to pickpocket tourists on Pattaya beach road leading to Walking Street, south Pattaya.

Full story: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/pattaya-police-arrest-thai-laotian-lady-boy-pickpocketing-gang/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-10-25

Dear Lord : Can we just have one week go by in Pattaya without a pick pocketing story with Thai lady boys in it ? They truly are the curse of Pattaya.. At some point the government should really consider measures

to stop this ongoing nonsense that drives tourists away...

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Locked up for 1-2 hours then let out with a 200B fine and a stern warning not to do it again.

The crackdown that works.

Yeah the police must have a really bad learning curve, as this " crackdown"

has been done many years with zero results. So either the police think

ladyboys robbing tourists is funny, or somehow the police are in on the action. I simply cannot believe this is allowed to continue....

• Like 1

Good to get them off the street, even for a short-time (whistling.gif). As an aside, can't help noticing they seem prettier (side on) than the girls, apart from, that is, that very manly dude in the middle at the back. giggle.gif

"...that very manly dude..."

That's because that 'manly dude' is probably still a man. Sort of pre chop n drop stage.

Only went to Pattaya once with a group of friends, never again thank goodness. Anyone going there is asking for trouble in one way or another, it's not just the ladyboys, there's also thousands of hookers hanging out at the bars and on the streets with their pimps looking to steal your gold necklaces and pickpocket.

Locked up for 1-2 hours then let out with a 200B fine and a stern warning not to do it again.

The crackdown that works.

Yeah the police must have a really bad learning curve, as this " crackdown"

has been done many years with zero results. So either the police think

ladyboys robbing tourists is funny, or somehow the police are in on the action. I simply cannot believe this is allowed to continue....

It shows the world that they are doing something - even if it is always useless. Look at me syndrome?

Only went to Pattaya once with a group of friends, never again thank goodness. Anyone going there is asking for trouble in one way or another, it's not just the ladyboys, there's also thousands of hookers hanging out at the bars and on the streets with their pimps looking to steal your gold necklaces and pickpocket.

Really? I have been a few times over the years and not happened to me or anyone else I've met.

Guess you feel unlucky? Or your not worldly wise?

• Like 1

I love these bizarre Pattaya Daily News headlines:-

"suspicious looking Thai-Laotian lady boys that might part of a pickpocket gang" ????

My suspicious looking next door neighbour might be a serial killer, but he's not been arrested yet; should I be concerned? If we're going to get arrested for what we might be, as distinct from what we actually do, how many of us can claim to be innocent?

• Like 1

Dear Lord : Can we just have one week go by in Pattaya without a pick pocketing story with Thai lady boys in it ? They truly are the curse of Pattaya.. At some point the government should really consider measures

to stop this ongoing nonsense that drives tourists away...

It may well be that ladyboys attract more tourist than they drive away. Especially the tourist that is out and about at 4AM. These were 'suspects', the usual ones, not particularly guilty of anything except being out on beach road at 4AM.

• Like 1

All the people I know who is regular visitors to Pattaya never had any problems.And there is much more to this city than "thousands of hookers" coffee1.gif ...................

• Like 1

Good to get them off the street, even for a short-time (whistling.gif). As an aside, can't help noticing they seem prettier (side on) than the girls, apart from, that is, that very manly dude in the middle at the back. giggle.gif

I was thinking that they could be arrested at 1am and released at sun up, that would cover the peak-pick-pock times when very drunk tourists who are too cheap to pay for transport (or are looking for something with smaller feet) are staggering out and about.

Yeah, that's the mentality that gets pick-pocketed.

the usual homophobic responses from posters, perhaps one would not get pick pocketed if you didn't mix with this Lb group at 3am on a darkened bit of beach road, probably in a semi-drunken state, this is an incredibly minor aspect of crime and corruption in Pattaya, the jet ski business and other scams have much more effect on tourist numbers and ahem not forgetting the odd military coup, and/or political riots, grenades exploding etc, get a grip <deleted>

Or mix with the crowd at the main train station in Bangkok.

You can find piles of wallets left laying on the ground in front a bench there, several times a week, perhaps daily!