Latest info about the opening of the new Immigration Office in Samui?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

To be fair to nod - he is not on a tourist visa. You guys have it easy. Not much they can do with an extension for a tourist visa. It is the one year extensions where you get taken into the little room and asked for more money. sad.png It happened to me until I changed things.

To answer your question nod - I get my one year extensions/re-entry permits/90 reports and work permit all from Suratthani - but I do it through my agent. Costs more - takes up zero time. I am stilll working so time is money for me. cool.png

"It is the one year extensions where you get taken into the little room and asked for more money."

Last year for my first extension I was asked 5,000 Baht sad.png

I wonder if this year I should say, sorry I thought it was 1,900 Baht so I have only?...

...for instance 3,129 Baht,50 Satang with me! tongue.png

What would happened? Not so easy for him ??? Of course I would be very polite and smiling...

To be fair to nod - he is not on a tourist visa. You guys have it easy. Not much they can do with an extension for a tourist visa. It is the one year extensions where you get taken into the little room and asked for more money. sad.png It happened to me until I changed things.

To answer your question nod - I get my one year extensions/re-entry permits/90 reports and work permit all from Suratthani - but I do it through my agent. Costs more - takes up zero time. I am stilll working so time is money for me. cool.png

"It is the one year extensions where you get taken into the little room and asked for more money."

Last year for my first extension I was asked 5,000 Baht sad.png

I wonder if this year I should say, sorry I thought it was 1,900 Baht so I have only?...

...for instance 3,129 Baht,50 Satang with me! tongue.png

What would happened? Not so easy for him ??? Of course I would be very polite and smiling...

The secret is in not saying it Jimmy. Placing the correct fee at the top of your application confirms you know the score & prevents any probs re face. Anyone stupid enought to utter 'how much?' only has themselves to blame when the reply is '5000 baht!'.

HTH

Edited by evadgib

Good Moaning!

I doubt the new office is ready, in Maenam, but not been up Soi 1 in a while! .... Last time I looked it was far from complete... about a month ago....

One thing I think people need to be clear about, when paying this yearly fee... is whether one wants a multiple or single re-entry or not... that would be the difference in paying the 1900 baht plus Mr Bird add ons for photo copies etc (usually a couple hundred baht... better to have photocopies of everything to avoid that) ....

If I remember correctly people have a choice of single entry or multiple re-entry permit ....or no re-entry permit at all..... BUT! .....just be sure if you don't have a re-entry permit and decide to leave the country, to go get one from SI before leaving...that can be done any time! .... (I am referring to those on Retirement O or OA ) wink.png

Good Moaning!

I doubt the new office is ready, in Maenam, but not been up Soi 1 in a while! .... Last time I looked it was far from complete... about a month ago....

One thing I think people need to be clear about, when paying this yearly fee... is whether one wants a multiple or single re-entry or not... that would be the difference in paying the 1900 baht plus Mr Bird add ons for photo copies etc (usually a couple hundred baht... better to have photocopies of everything to avoid that) ....

If I remember correctly people have a choice of single entry or multiple re-entry permit ....or no re-entry permit at all..... BUT! .....just be sure if you don't have a re-entry permit and decide to leave the country, to go get one from SI before leaving...that can be done any time! .... (I am referring to those on Retirement O or OA ) wink.png

Today Immigration was a nightmare with over a hundred unwashed hairies queued for 100 m. down the street and the inside 25 sq m. office shoulder to shoulder with a minimum of 40 at any one time.

I was doing a 90 day show but directions were confusing. I now hear from Samui locals that the Head of Immigration Samui is awaiting a farang company to donate a new premises as his predecessor did !

Use envelope marked 'FEE 1900 BAHT'

Without re-entry, i.e. 1900 baht, I normally have all copies and photos done, and hand over the documents together with two 1,000-baht notes, never mind receipt or change – always had a good and kind service...wink.png

By the way, I did my 90-days report this afternoon. Was thinking if I should choose 7-elleven or Immigration, but as I don’t fancy beer (even when free), I decided for the Immigration Office in Nathon – glad I did that, the queue-line was shorter than in front of the 7-elleven cash register, and all done within some 10 minutes, including kind and happy smiles from the office girls...thumbsup.gif

By the way, I did my 90-days report this afternoon. Was thinking if I should choose 7-elleven or Immigration, but as I don’t fancy beer (even when free), I decided for the Immigration Office in Nathon – glad I did that, the queue-line was shorter than in front of the 7-elleven cash register, and all done within some 10 minutes, including kind and happy smiles from the office girls...thumbsup.gif

Crusty should have known better than go to Immigration the day after a holiday Monday! tongue.png

What's this about free beer Khun Per.... I am confused over that???blink.png

Crusty should have known better than go to Immigration the day after a holiday Monday! tongue.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/813776-90-day-reporting-now-available-at-all-7-eleven-outlets-in-thailand/ cheesy.gif

Crusty did know better but if I had gone on the Friday I'd have been turned away as reporting too early as the date to report was stamped 7th April. now I have a stamp to next report 26 June 2015 with the words "This is not an extension of stay". Now what does that mean ?

Crusty did know better but if I had gone on the Friday I'd have been turned away as reporting too early as the date to report was stamped 7th April. now I have a stamp to next report 26 June 2015 with the words "This is not an extension of stay". Now what does that mean ?

Probably that your extension of stay is due before 26 June 2015.

Extensions and 90 day reports are separate functions.

Not enforced on Samui before, maybe coming up pair with rest of the country.

Only first extension of stay counts as a 90 day report.

Samui Immigration don’t mind you do your 90-day report little early, mine was due April 21st, and I went together with one having due date April 13th, which is Song Kran and Immigration closed – but they don’t like you are coming late...crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7m
Despite what other says is the “law” or “rules”, Samui Immigration seems to reset 90-days reporting when renewing Visa-extension – i.e. last 90-day report before Visa extension will have a new due date not later the date your Visa-extension is valid to, and when you get another one-year Visa-extension they stamp 90-day report 90 days from the new Visa-extension date. I had a little discussion about that in another thread and was kindly corrected; therefore I was especially aware of it last October when applying for another year retirement extension – I was right about Samui Immigration having own interpretation of the rules. thumbsup.gif

Samui Immigration don’t mind you do your 90-day report little early, mine was due April 21st, and I went together with one having due date April 13th, which is Song Kran and Immigration closed – but they don’t like you are coming late...crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7m
Despite what other says is the “law” or “rules”, Samui Immigration seems to reset 90-days reporting when renewing Visa-extension – i.e. last 90-day report before Visa extension will have a new due date not later the date your Visa-extension is valid to, and when you get another one-year Visa-extension they stamp 90-day report 90 days from the new Visa-extension date. I had a little discussion about that in another thread and was kindly corrected; therefore I was especially aware of it last October when applying for another year retirement extension – I was right about Samui Immigration having own interpretation of the rules. thumbsup.gif

Thanks Khun Per you are correct, my renewal date for my retirement visa is due 26 June so they could only extend until then for the 90 days. I know they require a letter from the Nathon bank for the deposit guarantee but do they also need a new medical report and I see on their website a letter from your embassy is required. What do they require the embassy to state ?

Thanks Khun Per you are correct, my renewal date for my retirement visa is due 26 June so they could only extend until then for the 90 days. I know they require a letter from the Nathon bank for the deposit guarantee but do they also need a new medical report and I see on their website a letter from your embassy is required. What do they require the embassy to state ?

Surely the letter from your embassy produced when first applying for your first Retirement Visa should suffice as nothing has changed and you are producing the same passport ?

Happened by the Soi one location....today....something may be slowly happening, two pickup trucks there, and the National flag was raised!

Sign still says construction site... perhaps when that falls apart it will be complete! The end result is not going to be as shown! wink.png

Soi%25201%2520Maenam-Lamai-1591.jpg

Soi%25201%2520Maenam-Lamai-1592.jpg

Crusty, if it’s a Retirement Extension, they do not want any medical report; but you need to show proof of fund for the coming year, either as deposit in a Thai bank or monthly income, or combination of both.
The easiest way is to have a bank deposit only with funds matured for 3 month. You will need a letter from you bank to verify the funds and copies of bank book(s), preferably all pages. The letter from the bank shall be dated same day or not more than a few days before you apply for extension. Only if your proof of funds is based on income, or combination of deposit and income, you will need a letter from your embassy to confirm your monthly income.
I personally use the deposit method and have a separate bankbook with the required deposit for Visa extension. Another bankbook is used for the transfers for living costs and ATM withdraws, and I always include that in the banks confirmation letter and make photocopies too, as Immigration like to see you have (some) money for spending. Probably not a requirement, but don’t give the normally kind immigration officer an opportunity to ask you to “come tomorrow”...sad.png
Please be aware that the Immigration Office now also requests proof on address, i.e. copy of renting agreement (bring original to show) together with copy of the landlord's House Book and address and telephone number; or a copy of your Yellow House Book, if you have one, plus showing the original.
Furthermore Samui Immigration requests a Google map – however that was not mentioned on the wall post when I was there Wednesday – where they want the house to be marked and coordinates written. There has been some confusion about it, and in earlier threads it has been mentioned that you can have an “Immigration-verified” print made (for a couple of hundred baht) in the shop opposite the Immigration Office. I did the print myself, Google Earth, where I in PhotoShop added an arrow and wrote the address (house number and “moo”), leaving the original Google-square with coordinates upper left; they accepted that.
Remember that all photocopies need to be signed.

So if I understand correctly, a utility bill is not enough for proof of address here on Samui? Don't have a rental agreement, our landlord is so kind just to accept monthly payment for which we get a receipt, that's it. So this means I have to ask him for an official agreement... And what exactly is the blue book?

One addition to all this: if you have a (non Thai) wife being on a Non-O based on dependency, you have to show legalized marriage certificate. Legalized by Thai Embassy in your home country, that is.

I meant the Landlord's House Book, not blue book... Is it common to ask for that to the landlord?

The House Book is blue, so probably the same (blue book).
As it’s a demand from Immigration, I presume it’s common to ask for a photocopy – earlier when renting a bungalow, we needed a copy of landlord’s “blue book” for something (cannot remember why), and that was not a problem to have – but I have no personal experience with rented house and Immigration; hopefully some other members can answer.

Samui Immigration don’t mind you do your 90-day report little early, mine was due April 21st, and I went together with one having due date April 13th, which is Song Kran and Immigration closed – but they don’t like you are coming late...

You can do it 15 days before to 7 days after.

I meant the Landlord's House Book, not blue book... Is it common to ask for that to the landlord?

The House Book is blue, so probably the same (blue book).
As it’s a demand from Immigration, I presume it’s common to ask for a photocopy – earlier when renting a bungalow, we needed a copy of landlord’s “blue book” for something (cannot remember why), and that was not a problem to have – but I have no personal experience with rented house and Immigration; hopefully some other members can answer.

Arranged to have a rental agreement, will ask the landlord about the house book when we sign. One other question: do banks (I'm having a Krungsri account) know what to put in the letter for Immigration, or do you have to spell it out for them? I suppose they do it quite often? Maybe an odd question, but this will be my first ever extension based on retirement (was always on the Non-B before), so this is all kind of a new experience to me...

Will presume your bank knows, when you say it’s for Immigration and Visa-extension.

I use Bangkok Bank or SCB for my retirement extension deposits, and they know what to write – I’ve never had a problem with bank letter and been here on extension since 2007. The bank will charge a small fee for the letter; Bangkok Bank charge 100 baht (no matter how many accounts), whilst SCB charge 200 baht per account (and make a separate letter for each). Don’t know about Krungsri, as I never used that bank.

smile.png