3 entry tourist visa for American

Ubon Joe, I hope.

I have an American friend that has been coming to Thailand several times over the past couple of years on visa exempt entries. He stayed 40 something days and had to do border runs but was always out of the country for 90 days or so.

Now he wants to stay for a while. He is stateside now and wants a 3 entry tourist visa. (Met a little lady he wants tospend some time with up north.)

What's he gonna need to do for that. He lives near LA so there is not a real problem with mail.

Thanks Joe, I didn't know if it would be that easy because of his previous visa exempts. He's never had any overstays.

God forbid LA post a date on when the web pages or categories where last updated.

On their website it says "Regulations are subject to change without notice.

Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary.

Consular officers assumes the right to deny or grant any type of visa to the applicant".

Personally I would call and ask to speak to the consular officers that handle tourist visas and don't bother to ask for advise from the phone receptionist.Don't bother to email them especially if time is precious. Call the number below, unfortunately they don't have a toll free number.

Royal Thai Consulate General

611 N.Larchmont Blvd., 2nd Floor ,

Los Angeles , CA 90004

Business Hours and Direction

Phone : 323.962.9574

Fax : 323.962.2128

Email Us:

For General Information:

[email protected]

Edited by riclag

whistling.gif Then he should be sure to contact the consulate by telephone before he goes there and specifically ask if they can or will issue a triple entry tourist visa to him.

They may or may not agree.

I have never dealt with the LA consulate myself, but I have heard of others who said they were not the friendliest place to try to get a visa.

Anyhow, contact them by phone first, and get the info straight from their mouths before you assume they will issue the visa

Find out what they want to see and what documents they need him to bring to issue it.

Once you have that information you can decide to get the visa if it is possible.

Until you know, it's all speculation, anyhow.

Am I reading this wrong or not? It seems to depend on which site you read.

The visa is a 60 day visa valid for 3 entries, each of which can be extended for 30 days.

But the visa is only good for 180 days. Does the 180 days start counting at the issue date or from the first entry?

Just a note having recently received a tourist visa from the LA consulate. When their website says 10 working days (for mailed-in applications), they mean 10 working days... They actually prefer emails over phonecalls, at least for checking on status, but they do respond promptly and politely to the emails (but don't want to see any until it's been 10 working days...). So don't wait until the last minute, or even the last two weeks, to mail off your application.

Just a note having recently received a tourist visa from the LA consulate. When their website says 10 working days (for mailed-in applications), they mean 10 working days... They actually prefer emails over phonecalls, at least for checking on status, but they do respond promptly and politely to the emails (but don't want to see any until it's been 10 working days...). So don't wait until the last minute, or even the last two weeks, to mail off your application.

That is some handy info. Thanks.