Extension renewal to my O-A Visa

Monday i did my 90 day report at Udon Thani for the third time I arrived here on 02/02/14 on a O-A multiple entry Visa I was not aware at the time that it was a multiple entry.

The Thai immigration officer pointed out to my Thai g/f that my visa was coming up for renewal and that I should go to Nong Khai/Laos and that I must re-enter prior to 01/01/2015 as entered on my visa also said that I would not need any paper work no proof of funds no proof of income just go there get your stamp make sure it is for 12 months and I will see you in three months after that, this was all spoken in Thai so I really have no idea just had to listen what was relayed to me from her.

Is this correct some people have advised yes that is all you need to do other have said no you need your TM7 form plus all of the rest of the requirements.

Your thoughts and answers will be appreciated

With a mutli-entry Non OA visa, as long as you leave and re-enter Thailand before the "use before" date on your visa, you will be stamped in for 1 year from the date of re-entry into Thailand.

Edited by mxyzptlk

Assuming you do have a multiple entry O-A visa and you exit end reenter Thailand before the expiration of the original O-A visa, YES you are entitled to a new one year permission to stay.

As advised, examine your stamp carefully as sometimes mistakes are made as perhaps land borders don't see this everyday.

Also be advised, that for your NEXT additional year, you will need to start applying for annual extensions of stay based on retirement at your local immigration office.

Thats the added value for the effort of obtaining a Non O-A.

Almost two years without much paperwork/fund transfer.

Some people who return to their home countries from time to time, obtain a new Non O-A for another two years and never deal with fund transfer/Thai bank account etc.

Edited by KhunBENQ

BenQ if you were in your home country and have an extension of stay and re enter permit could you still apply for a new O-A .

Yeah, but over time that would probably get trickier as O-A applications require a new medical form and police report from your home country every time.

I think it is rare for people who have retired in Thailand for many years to have done so on serial O-As.

BenQ if you were in your home country and have an extension of stay and re enter permit could you still apply for a new O-A .

Yeah, but over time that would probably get trickier as O-A applications require a new medical form and police report from your home country every time.

I think it is rare for people who have retired in Thailand for many years to have done so on serial O-As.

Depends. I spend 8 winter months here so get an O-A every two years so all i have to do here is my 90 day reports, have 5 in my current passport and 2 in my expired passport

But I get it from either the Embassy in Washington or the Consulate in New York so I don't have to deal with the " notarizing " problem

But I get it from either the Embassy in Washington or the Consulate in New York so I don't have to deal with the " notarizing " problem

Different to the Embassy in London then, it would seem, where notarisation of all OA visa application docs is the strict order of the day.....

Different to the Embassy in London then, it would seem, where notarisation of all OA visa application docs is the strict order of the day.....

That's what I thought, but on another thread. Someone,uses a Solicitors stamp,rather than paying £200 + vat etc. He paid about £30 and they accepted it,its buried somewhere in their Website. But he called first and confirmed with the Embassy,hopefully I'll do the same.

Sorry I can't find the link