Koh Tao murders: Influential island figure vows to clear his son's name

webfact

I can understand it .. if the guy is innocent and some internet hero's destroy his image.. id be pissed too.

soory I dont understand his whining, for christ sake if he just volunteered his DNA along with everyone else at the begging, the results would have spoken for themselves, there would have been no need for rumour to start in the first place,( if he was innocent obviously..).

• Like 1

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can understand it .. if the guy is innocent and some internet hero's destroy his image.. id be pissed too.

It is all a redshirt conspiracy!!whistling.gif

No it is not, but its a bit hard to defend yourself on the internet. If you and a group of people were to say I was a child molester without actual proof I could loose quite a lot.

I would have no way to defend myself because my proof is never accepted ect ect.

On the other hand the public opinion brings out a new investigation that is a good thing.

But if this guy did not do it.. i mean his reputation is damaged a lot then.

I am not making any claims here that he is innocent or guilty (i would not know I have never seen the real proof neither have the people on this forum)

If he had let them take his DNA at the beginning, and pass it, he would not be in this position.

And I still don't understand how he was able to refuse the DNA test, this is not an option if you are a suspect.

Edited by andygunther

Mr Montriwat, a brother of Koh Tao subdistrict village chief Voraphan Toovichien, was interrogated for almost three hours. He submitted to a DNA test before he was allowed to leave at 1.50pm.

Mr Voraphan, who also owns AC Bar, arrived at police headquarters shortly after his brother began to talk to police. He too submitted a DNA sample for testing.

Meanwhile a police source said the police are also looking into the cooperation of those who helped to arrange the suspect to escape. They also will be arrested.

http://www.chiangraitimes.com/koh-tao-murder-suspect-arrested-another-on-the-run.html

Now that the DNA has been swapped, he is willing to submit to a test.

And I'm going to sue whoever dared to tell the truth, farang don't understand this is Thailand and the truth is just a minor inconvieance that shouldn't be taken seriously!

Exactly what they mean.. the DNA is swapped.. no proof of this statement at all but posted anyway.

Well: He run from the DNA testing. His father and brother weren't tested as well (you can see if a family member is the person you search for). The father was ready to pay 1.000.000 for evidence that shows that his son is not guilty. Than the police found these guys, they were beaten till confessed.

Now the son comes back and is ready for a DNA test.

That doesn't look right, or? That does not mean he is guilty, but it doesn't look right.

it does not only not look right, it stinks like hell... !!

If someone is SO concerned about once reputation and have nothing to hide, being a "headman" maybe even concerned about solving the case quickly (?), then one simply don't come out with a sneaky "I give you a million if you can catch me..." and refuse DNA while all the migrant workers are dragged to the police station... Only complete idiots behave that way. And that is all just IF (!) there is nothing to hide...

maybe they found a- look a like to stand in and present his DNA who would be able to tell not the British police on looking if they are... sorry just a wild theory unlikely but possible...

If English have DNA sample of murderer and it matches big head mans son he will sue them and he will pay the local police to make sure they are criminally punished for trying to reach the truth typical guilty response, he will show these arrogant English how it is done in Thailand to avoid prison for murder without going to Singapore.

Right. Now that the cops have tampered with the evidence and switch the DNA samples to match that of the patsies, my son will now submit the DNA. And I want anyone who spoke against him in social media to be arrested so that I can continue to break the law as I choose with impunity. wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif . I hope the Brit police have their own samples taken from the bodies and blow the whole facade out of the water.

• Like 2

It's their own problem, they could have submitted to a DNA test early on - no match then, problem gone. Now nobody will believe it anymore.

"vows to clear his son's name"

So headman went to see local fortune teller, explained he wanted to clear son's name. FT thought about it a bit, and said "No doubt bad spirits cause this problem. From this day on your son shall be known as Billy Bob OJ. His name is now clear." Headman thanked profusely and left generous contribution "And don't forget that hoe you left near door when you came in" the wise men advised as head man left...

• Like 1

Police seeking former village headman's son who fled islandPolice are looking for the son of a former Koh Tao village headman in their pursuit of the killers of two British backpackers on the night of September 14, after learning that the man left the island the following morning.

A police source said the man they want to find landed on the Surat Thani coast and disappeared. Police say they want to interrogate him first.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Police-free-bar-owners-and-look-for-ex-village-hea-30243997.html

I wonder why they didn't "interrogate" him when they found him in Bangkok?

• Like 2

Sounds to me that there is some influential leveraging going on behind the scenes. Perhaps international relations and the value of potential loss to the tourist industry fallout is worth more than the headmans sons dna result and findings. IF the dna is truthful and a match, getting the arrests to date reversed will need some creative face making ....... but there again....no mention of the British bobbies so this could still be attributed to good local police work....

It's their own problem, they could have submitted to a DNA test early on - no match then, problem gone. Now nobody will believe it anymore.

What've you been sleeping? They did submit their DNA (See post #124). Do try and keep up.

No it is not, but its a bit hard to defend yourself on the internet. If you and a group of people were to say I was a child molester without actual proof I could loose quite a lot.

I would have no way to defend myself because my proof is never accepted ect ect.

On the other hand the public opinion brings out a new investigation that is a good thing.

I am not making any claims here that he is innocent or guilty (i would not know I have never seen the real proof neither have the people on this forum)

You're absolutely right, Rob. Trial by public opinion is wrong.

Having said that, it would be interesting to see what the CSLA (?) website came up with as mentioned in the OP.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-look-man-vdo-footage-key-provide-clue-murder/

Police are looking for a man shown in a video footage walking and running in shorts, bare-chested on a beach road on Koh Tao on the night two British backpackers were murdered hoping that he may provide a clue which may help resolve the case.

Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen, commissioner of Region 8 Provincial Police, has ordered the video footage to be shared out among the media in order that members of the public may be able to identify the man shown in the footage.

Analysis of the video footage by experts show that the unidentified man, about 160-170 cm in height, bare-chested and shoeless was caught by a CCTV camera in front of Good Health shop running toward Oceanville hotel at 3.45 am and returning at 4.49 am. He was expected to be around the hotel for about 45 minutes.

What height is Nom Sod?

What height are the two Burmese?

When the rich untouchables sliding to the abyss

its not the question how deep they will fall.

The question is how many other untouchables they will take with them

SURE, and that's why they all stick together of course...

that's how corruption works by nature, everywhere in the world: spinning a web of vested interests where no one wants to/can escape without harm easily... why else do people call it "mafia"...

for good reasons "corruption" is always likened to "cancer"...

Edited by TTom911

Investigation into the brutal murder of two English tourists on Koh Tao Island is progressing with the police said they have found new evidence from CCTV footage of an Asian man wearing the pants of one of the victims.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/new-evidence-found-tourists-murder-case/

As for the pair of stained pants found in Miller's luggage, the general admitted that the substance found on the clothing was not blood and that they belonged to Miller and the pair had been put in the victim's luggage by the first group of police officers.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/national/Killers-will-be-caught-30243629.html

Are these the same pants? How did the police come by them?

Edited by seahorse

I know what you mean, but if he was worried, he could have had a DNA test much earlier than this and killed the speculation before it even started. So he had a remedy available to him.

The wording concerns me a bit. Presenting yourself for a DNA test, is very different to presenting a DNA sample. If he presents a sample of some bodily fluid or other, who's to say that it is actually his.

It seems the noose is tightening in the sense that a DNA test is going to be done, but they're still wriggling because it isn't at all clear that the DNA test will be transparently or professionally done.

Why does it matter? Conspiracy nuts will just not believe and demand more proof only to then go on and disbelieve that.

What kind of results are these people thinking will happen ... that somehow the two DNA samples collected at the scene will somehow match a third person making two people who don't even share the same heritage having identical DNA. THEY ALREADY MATCHED THE DNA and this kid was not even on the island at the time of the murders. At least their is tough defamation laws in Thailand and this is a perfect example of when they should be used.

No one should refuse a DNA sample request if innocent.... period.

Yes, and everyone innocent should also waive their right to an attorney and right to not remain silent and speak to police .. as well people should submit to searches of their homes and computers without cause too if they are innocent.

The police here don't need a warrant for DNA testing (his family on the island submitted to tests) here if they have cause but they never tested him because he was not on the island and as they clearly stated in the press they cleared him. This testing is simply because of morons on the internet thinking they know all the facts of the case accusing him for no reason and him trying to get his life and privacy back.

Why don't you go in and volunteer to be tested? Seems your constant unsubstantiated claims against this person would make you appear to possibly involved. Surely you have no problem with putting your DNA on file with the Thai police as you so clearly have stated while stating many other times they cannot be trusted.

Your arguments are getting pathetic to try to hold this conspiracy theory.

You just posted that drivel and your accusing me of being pathetic ?? blink.png .... riiiight

Ive accused the son and family of nothing but obstructing a double murder case by refusing DNA testing, thereby leading to the present day.

Show me any claims ive made against anyone I dare you...

You have absolutely ZERO credibility here JTJ and we can see this as the case progresses more and more.

Must really annoy you International and public pressure when brought to bare can be rather upsetting to the status quo. So now they will be gently pressured into doing what they should have in the beginning ............Didnt count on that happening did you Einstein

I sense your a little irritated youve had no impact here nor your often irrelevant ramblings.... my heart bleeds for you coffee1.gif

When all else fails resort to the old conspiracy insults........ thatll work ........... not

Heres the news............ your trolling drivel for weeks has got you nowhere and the publics outrage and efforts to get this case properly dealt with has made huge progress .... and you hate it I know.............. clap2.gif

Suck it up big boy, theres much more to come yet I assure you ....tongue.png

He is actually right.. unless there is a compelling reason to accept DNA testing you can refuse it. Its a real heavy method to test a whole island. It has been done back where I come from but even there you could refuse and its not something that is used lightly.

If you have rights you can exercise them even refusing DNA. I have no idea if there was enough proof to warrant DNA taking but to say you can never refuse it is crazy. Same like you got the right to not say anything in some countries. Should one just always wave all your rights because some internet crazies (not talking about you but there are some extremists) say so.

On the other hand by refusing you do make yourself more known so that could be your own doing.

I could understand the guy if cleared going after internet users with a lawyer and to be honest it would be his right and I would applaud it. (but only after he has been really cleared by independent research). People should learn they can't post everything.

I know what you mean, but if he was worried, he could have had a DNA test much earlier than this and killed the speculation before it even started. So he had a remedy available to him.

The wording concerns me a bit. Presenting yourself for a DNA test, is very different to presenting a DNA sample. If he presents a sample of some bodily fluid or other, who's to say that it is actually his.

It seems the noose is tightening in the sense that a DNA test is going to be done, but they're still wriggling because it isn't at all clear that the DNA test will be transparently or professionally done.

Its a right not to do a DNA test if there is not sufficient evidence against you. There are even lawyers that say never talk with the police even if your innocent.

Ok this is a video from the USA but why give up all your rights.

Only thing is the other side of the coin.. you will get some flack at that point. But that flack should come from the police and not destroying someone complete on a forum. However the police might not be honest here and that counters this a bit.

Just giving a different view, instead of the hang him high right away. If guilty I hope they get him though.

I believe that DNA should be "taken" not "presented". If he would be so kind as to present all the CCTV tapes in their entirety at the same time we would be most obliged. Perhaps he could also ask the CID to test his DNA rather than the RTP.

• Like 1

Familial DNA testing ruled him out early on. You know what that is right?

If not look here:

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/familial-dna-searches.html

Secondly do you seriously believe that they will allow him to mail in a DNA test? Or somehow submit on his own? No the test will be done by the BIB's DNA forensics and almost assuredly under the watchful eye of the UKP observers.

• Like 1

It's so difficult to believe these guys. They are masters of corruption.

There are only two possible scenarios, and we just have to wait and see things unfolding now...:

- either, and there are a million and one reasons to doubt it (no need to repeat it all again), this is "just" a massive operational and communications blunder by the RTP but the essential facts would be true. You form your own opinion on that...

- or there is something VERY fishy going on and, given the very outspoken, public, very hight profile statements, they absolutely can and will not admit to it. It would (will?) cause an earth quake.... If that would be the case then they have cornered themselves in and they feel they have absolutely no choice but to "make it go away". If it is a cover up then the measures taken will only escalate to whatever they think is required... We can only speculate if the recent announcements from some quarters to all of a sudden "cooperate" after weeks of refusal might be a sign of that or not.. That would be an extremely disturbing, though not unrealistic scenario...

With the British police "busily observing" we should get an idea sooner (hopefully) rather than later where we stand here...

Edited by TTom911
  • Like 2

If the guy is innocent?? Well yeah, but if he was innocent he would of submitted long ago to a DNA test.
Thing is if he is innocent but another family member isn't his DNA would show a familial link. Just as bad loss of face for the clan head.

Clearly he was told by Bangkok to bend the knee and send the prodigal son for testing. Will the locals do some slight of hand with samples... One never knows, do one? Will they try? Likely.

Face rules all here, being called guilty means more than being guilty. Hide the guilt, save face, move on, continue to make money on the foreign white trash... Turn the page.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

All these theories !! Why not wait until the UK police contingent has had an opportunity to examine the existing evidence, obtain their own eveidence, and draw their own conclusions from the evidence. They (hopefully) will be beyond bribery, and produce some conclusions based upon the evidence alone, not rumours or guesswork.

• Like 1

I don't know what to say.......should I laugh.....at the Thai crooked keystone cops.......or ##@$? be pissed that Thai police think this is a joke because their pockets are full.

I would investigate the headmans bank account/safe and the Thai investigators.......what a joke.

Only would I believe that Singapore has the original DNA BEFORE THE 2 BURMESE WORKERS WERE IMPLICATED.

That the Brits can evaluate the results........If not it's a bunch of Thainess in action.

Edited by richusa

IS it also true that the "village headman" also owns the bar, where drugs are (allegedly) sold?

in the US, if the bartender sells a drink to an underage minor, and that minor is then the victim of a crime,

the bar owner faces jail time, and usually the immediate closure of the bar

with all the police and army there,

are you telling me that there is still "widespread drug use on Kho Tao?" and if there is, isn't the village headman responsible and thus, liable?

If I were a local business owner there, hotelier, bar keep, whatever,

I would be pretty pissed off that the village headman only wanted to give a million baht if it could be proved his son and nephew were the , "killers of Kho Tao",

and didnt offer the same one millin baht, to find the actual killers, so everyone would feel safe again

I guess it's not enough that you -- along with all the other conspiracy junkies -- have thoroughly trashed this family's reputation on social media. Now you'd like to hold him responsible for something as ambiguous as "widespread drug use on Kho Tao". That's like holding the mayor of a city responsible for crimes committed there. Ludicrous. In case you haven't noticed, there's "widespread drug use" everywhere and no single village headman is going to stop it.

You people have no shame. If this family is eventually "exonerated" what plan do you have for rectifying the damage done and your part in it?

Naaa its just that drugs sold on the Islands is only done so with the full knowledge and cooperation of the head families.

They directly benefit and fully cooperate with the drug selling,

Head families on these places are often the mafia as well as holding office. We've seen it going on for years on the Islands.

Your concern for this family is touching, im sure they will get over it and are after all still alive......they have brought it on themselves by the way they have acted throughout anyway.

Personally im more sympathetic to the victims families than some Thais face.

• Like 1

I don't know what to say.......should I laugh.....at the Thai crooked keystone cops.......or ##@$? be pissed that Thai police think this is a joke because their pockets are full.

I would investigate the headmans bank account/safe and the Thai investigators.......what a joke.

Only would I believe that Singapore has the original DNA BEFORE THE 2 BURMESE WORKERS WERE IMPLICATED.

That the Brits can evaluate the results........If not it's a bunch of Thainess in action.

of course you are right ! there are a million ways to prove what is going on (bank/credit card transactions, mobile phone records, travel documents/booking). Seasoned and independent investigators would be all over it and would find traces everywhere, I am sure of that... but "the web" is stonewalling... that's what we have to overcome before all that "simple truth" can surface...

• Like 1