Question about Thai wife's passport expired

A few minutes ago my Thai wife told me that her Thai passport is expired. Nice to know two days before a trip to the USA. She is also a U.S. citizen and has a U.S. passport that is still good. My question is this: What happens when she returns here (Thailand) using the U.S. passport? Can she renew her Thai passport and have a reentry stamp entered in the new passport or does she have to jump through hoops once we return here in one month? I tried some searches on Google but didn't find much regarding this situation.

Thanks, in advance for any insight.

If she entered on a Thai passport she will not be allowed to leave on the US passport and while one can enter on an expired Thai passport, one cannot leave on it.

She will have to apply for a new passport, I believe they have same day service. Contact the passport office.

Thanks, Mario2008. I will have to have her get on a van early tomorrow morning to get to the office in Bangkok to see if she can expedite a new Thai passport. Worst case would be having me fly to the States on Saturday and change her ticket to a couple days later. Dang airlines and their ticket change penalties.

They take three working days. Might have luck to get it Friday, but that is no guarantee.

She won't be able to depart Thailand without it, but she should always use it to come back to Thailand as well. Using the U.S. passport would make he subject to immigration rules.

Is another possibility ..........

Leave on US Passport

Return on US Passport

Get new That Passport

Exit to somewhere on US Passport

Return to Thailand on Thai Passport

Just wondering incase we ever have that problem.

Leave on US Passport

Return on US Passport

Get new That Passport

How would she leave on the US passport since she is here on her Thai passport. You must depart on the passport you entered on.

Leave on US Passport

Return on US Passport

Get new That Passport

How would she leave on the US passport since she is here on her Thai passport. You must depart on the passport you entered on.

I was only asking, just incase sometime I may be in his position ... anyway thank you for your 'to the point answer' it definstely clarifies the position

Well done again joe

Edited by JAS21