people taking photos of others.

jacksam

OP,

It's funny, the big lense, long and bulky is probably a zoom lense. The guy is probably taking a photo of a particular thing, as opposed to a whole screen. Everyone jumps up and down, ducks and dives to get out of the way but they're not even in the frame.

Enter the small short lense on the same camera, all of a sudden everyone pays little or no attention and NOW they're all in the frame, which can be cropped down later to zoom on someone in particular.

;)

RAW format. Can zoom and crop it about 6 times and still have a quality shot.

Only 6 times ?

You should try my wife's D810......you can crop until the cows come home and still have an image so sharp you can shave with it. :P;)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't go to places where you wouldn't like your photo taken.

How easy is that?

So if a person just doesn't like having his photo taken, you expect him to stay home.

Normally only hear of such logic from smokers.

You have no issues being filmed by CCTV anywhere and everywhere without (especially London) and sometimes with* your consent but still feel "offended" when a person takes a picture of you?

*like walking inside a shopping center that clearly says "we have CCTV in this building"

No, not really, but I would if said pictures were given to a 3rd party ( say outside of the police investigating me).

An example might be the video of a shoplifter being given to the press, or ending up on Youtube, I think it should only be evidence in a prosecution.

The issue is more to do with non-security surveillance...... do you mind if I follow you around with a camera all day...oh sorry I need not ask?

Edited by jacko45k

When you go out for a beer with a couple of people and one starts taking pictures on their phone, like a couple of pints down the pub is worth recording for posterity. Also recording people a bit pissed up and acting a fool. Piss off with your camera and let people enjoy themselves

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How easy is that?

Didn't the OP say they just slam their cameras in villagers faces? I've seen people photographing women bathing in their saris in India <deleted>. And you ever heard of Street Photography? How do you suggest we avoid those? Stay off the streets? Yes, I get bloody annoyed when I'm included in a 'family group' photo. However, if they come and ask permission I've no problem with that.

What you do in the street, is in public domain, and therefore fair game for photographers of any sort.
I really don't see what your problem is?
Unless you are some sort of criminal on the run.

As for the OP, his post seemed to be about photos taken of him in (naughty?) bars.
Which was the target for my original reply.

Truthfully, I think it goes further than that. It doesn't end with the photograph being taken but where the photograph ends up.

As an example, a falang is sat in a restaurant with his 13 yo stepson waiting for his Thai wife (son's mother) coming back from shopping. Camera is pointed in their faces photos taken, photographer disappears.

Two weeks later the photo reappears in an online article about paedophilia in the area the picture was taken (or not!). Someone that knows the father sees the picture, which should never have been there in the first place, and it goes viral.

End result, the families reputation is destroyed regardless of them being innocent of any crime. Damage is already done with publishing the picture.

OK, extreme example, but entirely plausible. Its not the taking of the picture, but the journey that picture goes on and the final destination.

Make up your own scenario, it really doesn't matter, but add the picture to any article without your approval, and you have a potential nightmare in the making. I would rather not give someone the chance, if someone pointed a camera at me without asking, I would be upset to say the least. Not paranoid in any way, but respecting my own privacy.

IMHO of course.......................wink.png

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How easy is that?

Didn't the OP say they just slam their cameras in villagers faces? I've seen people photographing women bathing in their saris in India <deleted>. And you ever heard of Street Photography? How do you suggest we avoid those? Stay off the streets? Yes, I get bloody annoyed when I'm included in a 'family group' photo. However, if they come and ask permission I've no problem with that.

What you do in the street, is in public domain, and therefore fair game for photographers of any sort.

I really don't see what your problem is?

Unless you are some sort of criminal on the run.

As for the OP, his post seemed to be about photos taken of him in (naughty?) bars.

Which was the target for my original reply.

Truthfully, I think it goes further than that. It doesn't end with the photograph being taken but where the photograph ends up.

As an example, a falang is sat in a restaurant with his 13 yo stepson waiting for his Thai wife (son's mother) coming back from shopping. Camera is pointed in their faces photos taken, photographer disappears.

Two weeks later the photo reappears in an online article about paedophilia in the area the picture was taken (or not!). Someone that knows the father sees the picture, which should never have been there in the first place, and it goes viral.

End result, the families reputation is destroyed regardless of them being innocent of any crime. Damage is already done with publishing the picture.

OK, extreme example, but entirely plausible. Its not the taking of the picture, but the journey that picture goes on and the final destination.

Make up your own scenario, it really doesn't matter, but add the picture to any article without your approval, and you have a potential nightmare in the making. I would rather not give someone the chance, if someone pointed a camera at me without asking, I would be upset to say the least. Not paranoid in any way, but respecting my own privacy.

IMHO of course.......................wink.png

of course, any parent would probably welcome the risk if it helped keep our kids safe.

If you reckon you can take a photo of anyone, anywhere, because it's "not illegal".

Well it's not illegal for me to enforce the 1 metre rule (measured by my walking stick as the radius) and tell you to &lt;deleted&gt; off - Right!

Geez my OP wasnt about legality and invasion of privacy. I acknowledged that it was legal. AnotherAmerican just posted usual tribal like "stay home then , if you don't want pic taken"

The bar aspect was irrelevant. Also they were not filming me....

It was all about MANNERS.

Its legal to go into a crowded bar and smoke a very large cigar. Point is ...would I do it NO WAY....

I HAVE MANNERS.

Some posts here from photographers saying things like

"##$$ them, I can take pic of what I want" legally yes...

Are you a moron ? YES

• Like 1

Geez my OP wasnt about legality and invasion of privacy. I acknowledged that it was legal. AnotherAmerican just posted usual tribal like "stay home then , if you don't want pic taken"

Its legal to go into a crowded bar and smoke a very large cigar. Point is ...would I do it NO WAY....

I HAVE MANNERS.

Are you a moron ? YES

It's not legal to smoke a cigar in a bar in Thailand. It is legal to break wind. I suggest you use that as your example.

Or perhaps, taking notes of a conversation you overhear.

I reckon, you get a better response on this forum by not calling your audience morons;.

SC

I HAVE MANNERS.

Are you a moron ? YES

It's not legal to smoke a cigar in a bar in Thailand. It is legal to break wind. I suggest you use that as your example.

I reckon, you get a better response on this forum by not calling your audience morons;.

SC

I HAVE MANNERS.

Are you a moron ? YES

SC

is it legal to put your crack in someone's face and break wind in thailand?

or is that defamation?

could it cause 'loss of face'?

what a pic that would make. it could aptly be titled 'breaking wind on a losing face'

it would be front page news!

Edited by fey