Expiring UK passport and Marriage extension advance renewal

Hi peoples

my muliti O marriage extension runs out March 01 2015... how soon in advance can I apply for a new extension?

ALSO my passport runs out in December next year, 2015, will this be a problem? Should I get a new passport now and get the new extension put into it?

OR will there be needed an additional appointment to move the Visa too?

thanks

David (Chaing Mai)

You can apply up to45 or 30 days early (depending on your immigration office) for an extension.

An extension is not given beyond the validity of the paspsort, so the extension with your current passport will only be till Dec. 2015.

Once you have a new passport you can apply for a new exension of stay.

If you want to apply for a new paspsort now or wait is your choice. Best is to have at least 6 month validity left in case you need to travel to another country. Many countries want a validity of at least 6 months.

The cannot apply for the extension until the last 30 days (45 at some offices) of your your current one.

If you don't get a new passport before getting you new extension it will only be valid to the date your passport expires.

It would be best to get a new passport before you apply for the extension. It would be best to apply for the new passport now since is now takes up to 8 weeks to get a new UK passport.

You would not need an appointment to move the stamps to your new passport.

Is there time to get a new UK passport between now and Mid Feb?

I understand that they cancel the current passport on application for a new one,

What happens if it's not back before my next 90 day report (end Jan 2015)

Or there's some emergency I need to travel for?

They don't put a cancelled stamp in your old passport until you get the new one. They just cancel it electronically when they get the application in the UK.

You can do your 90 day reports with your old passport.

If you had to travel in case of an emergency you would have to a get emergency travel document.

Is there time to get a new UK passport between now and Mid Feb?

I understand that they cancel the current passport on application for a new one,

What happens if it's not back before my next 90 day report (end Jan 2015)

Or there's some emergency I need to travel for?

As ubonjoe has stated, the current processing period for a replacement passport is 8 weeks. But best to get your skates on in submitting your application since it may take a couple of weeks longer in view of the Christmas/New Year break in the UK, when precious little will, of course, get done.

You should still be OK in using your existing passport for 90-day reporting purposes if your new passport has still not shown up by the time your next report is due.

And don't forget that you should get an extra 9 months on your new passport in any event. In other words, if it is issued in December 2014 it should be valid until September 2025.