NRC's Paiboon urges more power to the people in politics

webfact

ramrod711, on 30 Oct 2014 - 19:29, said:ramrod711, on 30 Oct 2014 - 19:29, said:

He expressed that a country’s prime minister should be eligible for only one term in office because that limited time frame would encourage the prime minister to focus on performing his or her duties to the fullest and prevent an abuse of power.

As for impeachment motions, Mr. Paiboon foresees that the upcoming constitution may include provisions concerning the consideration of corruption cases, including a clause that suspends those sentenced from holding political positions.

Term limits and a clause to prevent criminals from holding office? I love this, these guys are doing a great job! How can anyone other than a Thaksin lackey disagree with these suggestions?

Many other countries say a 3 year term is to "short", focusing more on the next election rather than longer term policies that would be more beneficial to the country.

Edited by MediaWatcher

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps let the common people be allowed to take part in elections without fear of intimidation and threats, that would be a step forward?

You are right of course.

When any party can campaign in any electorate without fear of intimidation, bashing and even being killed (like the Dem campaigner who was murdered) then it will be a big step forward.

However the reds still seem to see the north and northeast as their own and until they are reined in and it is safe for other parties to campaign or even hold rallies in those areas there can be no free and fair elections.

• Like 1

Just because i'm not impressed with your lots Lets bash the PM as much as possible attitude..............Your lot lost it way back accept it.

You deserve this intervention, next time kick the crap out of PTP.

You spend your entire time here bashing the previous PM yet you throw your toys out of the pram when people bash the current unelected one. So only your PM bashing is allowed, is that what you're telling us?

Only when people like you slag off the PM because of gang rhetoric..

I normally would not as they are defunct, but you guys push the boat out, I will try to sink it. Get it ??

Do please notice I do not normally post on a topic talking about the past regime. FACT..... do notice most of my posts are retaliation posts, so I suppose I am wrong for that.

Screwing the blame on my posts lets you lot off the hook ???

So you are wrong my entire time is not on PM matters.

How much of your clan post on other than PM related topics ???? just saying. think about that. So maybe we can turn this one around and say the boot is on the other foot.

Try the dog topic-------try another one say---the rail crash----get my drift. So please look at your own clans posts first to see who is the instigator in most cases......I can give you at least 7 main ones. But I have to understand it is their posting privilege.

Perhaps let the common people be allowed to take part in elections without fear of intimidation and threats, that would be a step forward?

Had PTP/Yingluck served us well no elections would have been due............Think a bit .

So tell me again how you're not spending your time bashing previous PMs? You're full of it

• Like 1

Had PTP/Yingluck served us well no elections would have been due............Think a bit .

People expressed unhappiness with the PTP/Yingluck government, so elections were called. That is a proper democratic solution to the problem. Unfortunately some undemocratic people prevented the elections, and now these anti-democrats are planning a new constitution that will give the appearance of democracy while leaving power in the hands of "good people"--those who stage coups and benefit from coups.

I'd suggest that you think a bit, but as you've already rejected the lessons of history regarding military governments I don't think there is any point.

People expressed unhappiness with the PTP Yinglucks government ??? what an understatement.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

They shot themselves in the foot and never deserved another election that Thaksin wanted to get them 4 more years of calamity.

Quote "some undemocratic people prevented the elections" cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You do not have to keep spelling out your rhetoric, you will now have to wait for a year or so, thanks to a defunct government.

Everyday you are telling us the PM is no good but you should have been more concerned when PTP were in power to prevent the intervention.

So tell me again how you're not spending your time bashing previous PMs? You're full of it.... You started this little lot here

So tell me again how you're not spending your time bashing previous PMs? You're full of it

You do not get it do you. this is proof that it is a reply to Thailands post telling us about your one sided denial PTP style. What more do you want.???

People expressed unhappiness with the PTP/Yingluck government, so elections were called. That is a proper democratic solution to the problem. Unfortunately some undemocratic people prevented the elections, and now these anti-democrats are planning a new constitution that will give the appearance of democracy while leaving power in the hands of "good people"--those who stage coups and benefit from coups.

I'd suggest that you think a bit, but as you've already rejected the lessons of history regarding military governments I don't think there is any point.

People expressed unhappiness with the PTP Yinglucks government ??? what an understatement.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

They shot themselves in the foot and never deserved another election that Thaksin wanted to get them 4 more years of calamity.

Quote "some undemocratic people prevented the elections" cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You do not have to keep spelling out your rhetoric, you will now have to wait for a year or so, thanks to a defunct government.

Everyday you are telling us the PM is no good but you should have been more concerned when PTP were in power to prevent the intervention.

So tell me again how you're not spending your time bashing previous PMs? You're full of it.... You started this little lot here

Your try at baiting is not working. again you will see it is in retaliation----I did not start this. You blame anyone but the actual instigator.

Try to stay on topic and put a halt to your little game. 3 of your lot are involved here. can you see.??

Just because i'm not impressed with your lots Lets bash the PM as much as possible attitude..............Your lot lost it way back accept it.

You deserve this intervention, next time kick the crap out of PTP.

You spend your entire time here bashing the previous PM yet you throw your toys out of the pram when people bash the current unelected one. So only your PM bashing is allowed, is that what you're telling us?

Only when people like you slag off the PM because of gang rhetoric..

I normally would not as they are defunct, but you guys push the boat out, I will try to sink it. Get it ??

Do please notice I do not normally post on a topic talking about the past regime. FACT..... do notice most of my posts are retaliation posts, so I suppose I am wrong for that.

Screwing the blame on my posts lets you lot off the hook ???

So you are wrong my entire time is not on PM matters.

How much of your clan post on other than PM related topics ???? just saying. think about that. So maybe we can turn this one around and say the boot is on the other foot.

Try the dog topic-------try another one say---the rail crash----get my drift. So please look at your own clans posts first to see who is the instigator in most cases......I can give you at least 7 main ones. But I have to understand it is their posting privilege.

"Do please notice I do not normally post on a topic talking about the past regime."

Are you admitting that all your many posts about the past regime are off-topic?

• Like 1

in my humble opinion we have past experience when politicians get too much power, this will perhaps encourage corruption as it did in the past.

And yet politicians never get as much power as the military, which topples governments at will and bans all public dissent. Also it's worth noting that a few of those generals (only a few have disclosed assets) do seem to be suspiciously wealthy. It's difficult to say if this is due to corruption, the military never allows itself to be investigated by anyone outside the military.

• Like 1

I cant work out if this guy is trying to be ironic or is just completely detached from reality.

He wants to give power to the people by staging a coup?

Did he say he wanted a coup or was he involved in the May one ?

That can also be phrased as "the attempt to gain blanket amnesty for political crimes including those of Thaksin S. and Ms. Yingluck herself people started protesting. When the government only voiced "please go home, more to do" protest continued. When even calling the legitimate protests act of terrorism, having the police harass the protesters didn't help the PM dissolved the house in a last retreat, thinking that a election victory could easily be gained with the tight control the local elite had over the masses (and allegedly also the loaded purses after 2-1/2 government).

Now as for preparing a new constitution unfortunately political parties has declined to participate which may mean a new constitution made by legal experts.

That can also be phrased as "the attempt to gain blanket amnesty for political crimes including those of Thaksin S. and Ms. Yingluck herself people started protesting. When the government only voiced "please go home, more to do" protest continued. When even calling the legitimate protests act of terrorism, having the police harass the protesters didn't help the PM dissolved the house in a last retreat, thinking that a election victory could easily be gained with the tight control the local elite had over the masses (and allegedly also the loaded purses after 2-1/2 government).

Now as for preparing a new constitution unfortunately political parties has declined to participate which may mean a new constitution made by legal experts.

rubl returns singing the same old song: "There was an attempt at amnesty and even though it was dropped the attempt justifies the coup."

Maybe it's unfortunate that political parties don't want to work on a constitution that will please their new masters. Unfortunate maybe, but it's certainly not surprising after they've had their elected government toppled and since they are still being subjected to martial law, censorship, bans on political gatherings, bans on calls for elections, etc. I can understand why they'd be in an uncooperative mood.

so many off topic posts here trying to redirect the focus with quite frankly a pile of brown

The bottom line to any reforms is to stop the elected government from abusing office and any abuse that got them there in the first place - if the NRC can implement rules that uphold these values then Thailand might actually take it's first ever step into a true democracy and put an end to this constant need for intervention when it all goes wrong

maybe just maybe they will put enough safeguards into the constitution to stop the abuse and close this - election - abuse - coup cycle forever - it really would not take a big change - a few rules here and there to shore up rules that prohibit abuse of power and office and offer a voice to all the Thai people and people like Thaksin will no longer be relevant because there will be nowhere for them to function

You are right of course.

When any party can campaign in any electorate without fear of intimidation, bashing and even being killed (like the Dem campaigner who was murdered) then it will be a big step forward.

However the reds still seem to see the north and northeast as their own and until they are reined in and it is safe for other parties to campaign or even hold rallies in those areas there can be no free and fair elections.

The way that the Democrat politicians speak about and denigrate, and the way that the Democrat policies discriminate and rip off the Northerners, any of these clowns showing up in the North canvassing for votes will only generate the same response as if it were a pedophile requesting to take the householders children out for a day of "fun activities and play".

The Democrats have bought the Northern hatred upon themselves.

Thai elections aren't so lopsided because Thaksin is corrupt or buys votes, the results have been as they are for over a decade because the Democrats are so woeful.

The Democrats need to spend their time out of government recruiting quality candidates and developing quality policies, instead they spend all their time conspiring with the military to overthrow elected governments.

Constantly being handed government without actually winning elections has stunted the Democrats growth, if they continue to operate as they are now, in any election, they will always be no more than a sad little bunch of "also rans" against Thaksin Shinawatra's well oiled political machine.

If Paiboon is anything like the rest of the NRC then Thailand really has no hope of attaining democracy.

It starts at the top if you can't get relatively honest Politicians who care more for the country than lining their own pockets, checks and balances aren't worth anything.

Besides we had people power with the red shirts, and we all know what happened there!

Paiboon was an appointed Senator who joined in the PDRC protests and also fought in the courts to prevent the government from maintaining order for the Feb 2nd elections. That is just a taste of who this gentleman is.

You are right of course.

The way that the Democrat politicians speak about and denigrate, and the way that the Democrat policies discriminate and rip off the Northerners, any of these clowns showing up in the North canvassing for votes will only generate the same response as if it were a pedophile requesting to take the householders children out for a day of "fun activities and play".

Thai elections aren't so lopsided because Thaksin is corrupt or buys votes, the results have been as they are for over a decade because the Democrats are so woeful.

The Democrats need to spend their time out of government recruiting quality candidates and developing quality policies, instead they spend all their time conspiring with the military to overthrow elected governments.

Constantly being handed government without actually winning elections has stunted the Democrats growth, if they continue to operate as they are now, in any election, they will always be no more than a sad little bunch of "also rans" against Thaksin Shinawatra's well oiled political machine.

what seems obvious is that if the Democrats had managed to win the elections in 2011, we would not have had a military 'intervention' in 2014.

But the Dems are - as you point out - politically impotent and did not win the election. They didn't even come close.

so many off topic posts here trying to redirect the focus with quite frankly a pile of brown

The bottom line to any reforms is to stop the elected government from abusing office and any abuse that got them there in the first place - if the NRC can implement rules that uphold these values then Thailand might actually take it's first ever step into a true democracy and put an end to this constant need for intervention when it all goes wrong

maybe just maybe they will put enough safeguards into the constitution to stop the abuse and close this - election - abuse - coup cycle forever - it really would not take a big change - a few rules here and there to shore up rules that prohibit abuse of power and office and offer a voice to all the Thai people and people like Thaksin will no longer be relevant because there will be nowhere for them to function

It will never happen, read my comment #26.

rubl returns singing the same old song: "There was an attempt at amnesty and even though it was dropped the attempt justifies the coup."

Maybe it's unfortunate that political parties don't want to work on a constitution that will please their new masters. Unfortunate maybe, but it's certainly not surprising after they've had their elected government toppled and since they are still being subjected to martial law, censorship, bans on political gatherings, bans on calls for elections, etc. I can understand why they'd be in an uncooperative mood.

and some still didn't read up on the shenanigans around the 'blanket amnesty bill' to avoid learning from the past I guess?

Had there been an overwhelming support for the CDC it would offer the real possibility to make the new constitution awork of art even Western Democracies could admire. But no, better to sit on the side and complain.

You are right of course.

That would have to be the biggest load of red crap I have read ever.

Please specify which Dem policies rip off the northerners.

Could it possibly be the policy (implemented) to raise the age of free education from 12 to 15.

Or the one to provide free school books and uniforms, that's the one that was dropped by Yingluck in favor of tablets.

Could it be the policy to make the 30b health scheme free because it cost more to administer than it collected, that's the one that was reversed by Yingluck who made everyone pay the 30b again.

Or could it be this one re land tax :

The land tax draft is among the laws the Finance Ministry is proposing the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) for consideration.

If approved, it will push for its enforcement within one year

The law had already been vetted by the Council of State in 2011 during the Abhisit Vejjajiva government, but was dropped when the House of Representatives was dissolved

The land tax that would have made all the rich (northern) land owners pay more tax that was dropped and never brought up again by the champions of the poor.

While you are at it tell us how many times the Dems in their history have been forced to change their party name from being banned for electoral fraud.

Then compare that with how many times Thaksin parties have been banned and changed their name.

When you have finished that tell us how many of the Dems politicians have been found guilty of fraud in their history, 2 or 3 that I know of.

Then compare that with the number of politicians from Thaksins parties that have been banned, in the hundreds isn't it ?

Then tell us how many of the banned ones have been welcomed back by the respective parties, Zero for the Dems, tell us how many for Thaksins parties.

How about an example of the reds attempting to disrupt a Dem event :

post-12069-0-42871800-1414725355_thumb.j

There you go blocking the main entrance (and road) to a Dem meeting and attempting to disrupt as much as possible with noise, should be noted that the police are standing by making no attempt to move them on.

If you want some more facts and truth let me know I have plenty more.

Could it possibly be the policy (implemented) to raise the age of free education from 12 to 15.

Or the one to provide free school books and uniforms, that's the one that was dropped by Yingluck in favor of tablets.

Could it be the policy to make the 30b health scheme free because it cost more to administer than it collected, that's the one that was reversed by Yingluck who made everyone pay the 30b again.

The land tax draft is among the laws the Finance Ministry is proposing the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) for consideration.

The law had already been vetted by the Council of State in 2011 during the Abhisit Vejjajiva government, but was dropped when the House of Representatives was dissolved

The land tax that would have made all the rich (northern) land owners pay more tax that was dropped and never brought up again by the champions of the poor.

While you are at it tell us how many times the Dems in their history have been forced to change their party name from being banned for electoral fraud.

Then compare that with how many times Thaksin parties have been banned and changed their name.

When you have finished that tell us how many of the Dems politicians have been found guilty of fraud in their history, 2 or 3 that I know of.

Then compare that with the number of politicians from Thaksins parties that have been banned, in the hundreds isn't it ?

Then tell us how many of the banned ones have been welcomed back by the respective parties, Zero for the Dems, tell us how many for Thaksins parties.

attachicon.gifDSC_1232.JPG

There you go blocking the main entrance (and road) to a Dem meeting and attempting to disrupt as much as possible with noise, should be noted that the police are standing by making no attempt to move them on.

Your whingey little list above doesn't help your case at all.

All it does is illustrate how corrupted the unelected, elite and military controlled institutes of state, such as all of the courts and the NACC, are.

Bravo.

Rubl returns singing the same old song: "There was an attempt at amnesty and even though it was dropped the attempt justifies the coup."

and some still didn't read up on the shenanigans around the 'blanket amnesty bill' to avoid learning from the past I guess?

Had there been an overwhelming support for the CDC it would offer the real possibility to make the new constitution awork of art even Western Democracies could admire. But no, better to sit on the side and complain.

I know you would like to change this topic into a detailed review of the amnesty bill and all you disliked about it, but the fact remains that it was attempted then dropped, and it in no way justified a military coup.

If you are truly interested in lessons from the past, then study the results of past military governments in Thailand.

The only constitution Thailand will produce under current circumstances is one that other military-dominated governments will admire. A true democratic constitution would reform the military and put it firmly under the control of an elected civilian government, which the NCPO and Prayuth will never allow. The parties that refuse to participate in this farce realize this, so they won't legitimize the NRC with their presence.

You continue distorting history by stating that the 'blanket amnesty bill' was 'dropped'. It wasn't. If you're really interested in history read about it.

The possible constitution the CDC may come up with could be anything and will most likely resemble the 2007 version which resembled the 1997 version. How much I don't know. My guesstimate of course which I think is just as valid as a guesstimate as yours.

The parties that refuse to cooperate only make Thailand lose an opportunity. An overwhelming support and flood of input would ensure an improvement if only because the CDC and NCPO would have no choice assuming they don't want to end up in complete isolation. IMHO.

attachicon.gifDSC_1232.JPG

Your whingey little list above doesn't help your case at all.

All it does is illustrate how corrupted the unelected, elite and military controlled institutes of state, such as all of the courts and the NACC, are.

Bravo.

What a cop out,

Don't like fact and truth do you.

Rubl returns singing the same old song: "There was an attempt at amnesty and even though it was dropped the attempt justifies the coup."

I know you would like to change this topic into a detailed review of the amnesty bill and all you disliked about it, but the fact remains that it was attempted then dropped, and it in no way justified a military coup.

If you are truly interested in lessons from the past, then study the results of past military governments in Thailand.

The only constitution Thailand will produce under current circumstances is one that other military-dominated governments will admire. A true democratic constitution would reform the military and put it firmly under the control of an elected civilian government, which the NCPO and Prayuth will never allow. The parties that refuse to participate in this farce realize this, so they won't legitimize the NRC with their presence.

You continue distorting history by stating that the 'blanket amnesty bill' was 'dropped'. It wasn't. If you're really interested in history read about it.

The possible constitution the CDC may come up with could be anything and will most likely resemble the 2007 version which resembled the 1997 version. How much I don't know. My guesstimate of course which I think is just as valid as a guesstimate as yours.

The parties that refuse to cooperate only make Thailand lose an opportunity. An overwhelming support and flood of input would ensure an improvement if only because the CDC and NCPO would have no choice assuming they don't want to end up in complete isolation. IMHO.

Rube, he knows full well it was not dropped, and will argue the hind leg off a donkey. It was stopped for 180 days and then would return for whoever wanted to gain from it.

ALWAYS asking posters to study past military governments---for what ???

could not have said it better.

history of the last 100 years in Thailand is extraordinarily relevant to events today.

with all the control built into the interim constitution, the 'NCPO' will get exactly what they want regardless of which groups participate in the CDC.

• Like 2